why do he always wear mask?

nahh there is no reason he'd have to wear it for vitiligo..

not sure about the lupus..the only reason would be to hide the rash but he wore the mask recently and his lupus was in remission. My cousin has lupus..the worst version, when she was younger it was very bad internally and she had a rash on her face, now there is no outward sign of it, there hasn't been for about 10 years.

I stick by my earlier post. ;D

I think he looks hot in the black silk mask.

Can I be totally honest?

I've always thought that all those "why does he do that" things basically relate to the song Human Nature.

If they say, why? why?
Tell them that is human nature!

Good observation!:clapping:

I believe he wore it because of the Vitiligo/lupus. When the Vitiligo got more noticeable in the late 80's that's when the mask came in! Just like the glove from the early 80's and the umbrella in the 8o's! Since it added to the mystery i'm sure he like wearing it for that reason too & privacy!

I miss the mask especially the black silk one:( I think he looked sexy in it! Like Zorro with his mask! ;) MJ was very smart in turning what he tried to hide into fashion! Just like him wearing glasses cause of his shyness became a trademark! Gotta love it and respect someone that can do that and have the whole world wanting to do the same!:)

If I would have done it, I would look a damn fool! lol

Didn't that rabbbi guy said he told Michael that he shouldn't wear the mask so much and that Michael said he liked it, it made him look mysterious and all that.

That part of the book was kind of funny to me. Jackson arrived with the Rabbi at a very prestigious institution (I forget which one - House of Commons??) for Michael to give a speech before some very important people. Michael asked the Rabbi to go in first without him so Michael would enter after him with the mask on. And the Rabbi was angry that he wanted to wear that mask in such an important, respected place. I think that's when he told him to take that mask off because he looks like Zorro or something (again, my memory fades - and I read the book twice:doh:)

If I would have done it, I would look a damn fool! lol

There are days I wish I could wear a surgical mask. But I would never get away with it - unless I claimed to have Swine flu or something.:D These days when I've been in hospital emergency rooms I see some patients in the waiting rooms wearing the mask and I think of Michael. I even see some "regular" people on the streets with them sometimes, I guess because of the flu thing. He was ahead of his time in many, many ways, heh.

I think it had a little to do with germs too. Michael was a really clean person and he felt the mask kept a lot of dirt and germs away from his face.

Back