who were the biggest stars in the 80's

:girl_sigh:

I was an 80s child and turned 13 in late '91. I remember all of my babysitters blasting the music nonstop (which meant everything to us) whenever they watched me.... Going to the rollerskating rinks, (I was a SERIOUS "roller-skating geek", LOL ) ... Michael's music playing in the rink, of course. The older kids playing Dire Straits at full volume in the back of the school bus... "I want my MTV...." ... That's what it was all about. :yes: My friends and I singing "We Built This City" by Starship at the top of our lungs in the car. *sigh* I could go on and on.

The 80s were just such a great, great decade of music. There was always a party everywhere you turned. It was just all about having fun--nothing more, nothing less. I'll cherish my 80s-kiddo good times FOREVER... and I'd get in a time machine and go back to the 80s in a second... :heart:

Last edited:
The best memories I have are from the 80's even if I was a child back then but it's the 80's music that later defined how I turn out to be,my job,what I do..my parents were music freaks lol so music was like air for us.
The last real superstars are from that decade,it was just amazing,all that hair and gay friendly outfits,then the 90's happened and they ruined everything with that sad grunge bullshit (lol jk)

I's say well as far as I remember

MJ
MADONNA
QUEEN
BOWIE
THE CURE
U2
THE POLICE-STING
ELTON JOHN
DURAN DURAN
BILLY IDOL
SPANDAU BALLET
PHIL COLLINS
DEPECHE MODE
INXS
METALLICA
PETER GABRIEL
DIRE STRAITS
PINK FLOYD
GUNS
BON JOVI
REM
EURYTHMICS
VAN HALEN
AEROSMITH

:girl_sigh:

I was an 80s child and turned 13 in late '91. I remember all of my babysitters blasting the music nonstop (which meant everything to us) whenever they watched me.... Going to the rollerskating rinks, (I was a SERIOUS "roller-skating geek", LOL ) ... Michael's music playing in the rink, of course. The older kids playing Dire Straits at full volume in the back of the school bus... "I want my MTV...." ... That's what it was all about. :yes: My friends and I singing "We Built This City" by Starship at the top of our lungs in the car. *sigh* I could go on and on.

The 80s were just such a great, great decade of music. There was always a party everywhere you turned. It was just all about having fun--nothing more, nothing less. I'll cherish my 80s-kiddo good times FOREVER... and I'd get in a time machine and go back to the 80s in a second... :heart:
Yes!!
btw lol but your post suddenly reminded me of kate Bush "running up the hill" If I only could indeed...go back to the 80's!

The best memories I have are from the 80's even if I was a child back then but it's the 80's music that later defined how I turn out to be,my job,what I do..my parents were music freaks lol so music was like air for us.
The last real superstars are from that decade,it was just amazing,all that hair and gay friendly outfits,then the 90's happened and they ruined everything with that sad grunge bullshit (lol jk)

Right. Most of the "80s brats" I've talked to feel the exact same way. It was... and is all about the music. :yes:

God help us, please. :doh:

Ok they split up -83 but they did 2 albums in the 80s, I´m talking about ABBA.It´s 29 years since their last album, but I think they still are popular.
I think all the other stars I remember from 80s are mentioned.

Back