who says u can get anything decent from the supermarkets these days

• Thread starter elusive moonwalker
  • Start date

elusive moonwalker

Guests
blagged a lifesize this is it cardboard promo stand from my local supermarket today. not sure why as i cant even bare to watch the DVD. but when i saw it i kinda felt that i had to ask if anyone had claimed it. they said i could take it now if i wanted. so out i walked with it under my arm. im sure people thought i was doing a runner with it.! strange feeling about the whole thing. well i can always put it in the garage. and if it had been any another day i would have been trying to pretend that i had never even seen it let alone wanted it.

SS102364.jpg

SS102362.jpg

Last edited:
lol elusive..thats quite funny in a way..i'm picturing someone wondering out of a supermarket holding that under their arm!!!!!

Aww. I asked my local blockbusters on Saturday if I could have as they said they just throw them out when not wanted anymore. They said they would ring me the next day to collect it, Well I heard nothing so I just called them, To be told we don't give them away the companies take them back from us. :wtf: :no:

very nice Elusive..Now that HAS to be the best thing at the supermarket..:)..........and I am with you..I still cannot watch it either.:no:

lol elusive..thats quite funny in a way..i'm picturing someone wondering out of a supermarket holding that under their arm!!!!!

well tbh i did feel like abit of idiot lol should have seen me trying to get it into the car in the carpark lol. i had to leave my mum in there while i drove home with it as there was no room left for her lol

maybe try a supermarket lorraine. maybe they arent as fussed as blockbuster etc. tbh i was surprised they said i could have it. even more so when she said u can take it now if u want. i kinda felt guilty for taking it as it was taking promo away from the film as it was placed right in the entrance. u couldnt miss it as u came in.

Ha, I saw one of them at Sainsburys in the entrance. I so wanted to just steal it!

My local supermarket wouldn't let me have mine :( But its always good to ask right! Love the pics Elusive!

Ha, I saw one of them at Sainsburys in the entrance. I so wanted to just steal it!

yeah thats where i got it from. although ive put it under my bed now. hard to look at it and have it in your room

You got it from the supermarket!!!!??

AWESOME!!!! :wild:

Elusive, that's awesome!! :wild:

I just got this:

TII_promo1.jpg

TII_promo2.jpg

I had claimed it earlier and today they called me to come and pick it up from the store :)

That's nice!

That's nice too. What store did you get that from? :)

It's actually funny as well as sort of ridiculous how stores here in Finland has differences even though when they belong to same chain. It was weird how some Anttila's gave you TII posters as many as you wanted to have, some gave only one poster when you bought either DVD or Blu-Ray and some didn't have posters at all.

That's nice too. What store did you get that from? :)

I got it from Anttila. I also had my eyes on the dvd-stand, but they're still using it so I couldn't have it. Not yet anyways.. :cheeky:

thants nice laura. bit easier to put somewhere

Yep! It actually folds too so it's easy to store, doesn't take too much space. But I'd gladly trade it for the one you got.. :p

I claimed one of the large TII displays with the DVD slots either side from my local store. It looks really nice but it's kinda awkward to display, given its size, lol. Once I've decided where to put it I may end up putting some of MJ items in the slots, which will look pretty cool.

well tbh i did feel like abit of idiot lol should have seen me trying to get it into the car in the carpark lol. i had to leave my mum in there while i drove home with it as there was no room left for her lol

LOL! Funny! Good to see you got your priorities right!

I've been walking past one of these things (well, it's the DVD stand) for the last couple of days... my first instinct was to ask for it... but then my second was, that I don't want it... I got the huge ass TII poster from the cinema, but so far couldn't bring myself to hang it on the wall... but reading your story, I think I might go to the shop tomorrow and ask what they do with it and whether it's still available!

Wow, nice one, Laura!

Thats great for you guys. They're nice and looks in good condition too.
Personally, I don't think I'd want one. Like Elusive and Prometheus it's
kinda hard to be reminded of what could've and should have been, every
time I looked at it....as wonderful as it is.
I still get bent outta shape sometimes when I listen to his music
or when I see clips on TV or the net.

I went to the store now and they promised me I could have it... don't know what to do with it or where to put it, but I guess the collector in me won! ;)

I went to the store now and they promised me I could have it... don't know what to do with it or where to put it, but I guess the collector in me won! ;)

yeah i was like that. tbh i guess i saw it on a good day. cause ive seen other stands in other places and i tried to not even look at it let alone wanted it. but that day for some reason it kinda struck me and i was pushing my trolley around thinking shall i ask or should i not bother. its under my bed now cause yeah its so hard to look at it. but as my mum said at least u have it and u can just put it away in the garage if u want and forget about it.

I also have one in my room, I got it from Blockbuster (a Canadian video store), they gave it to me no problem.

yeah i was like that. tbh i guess i saw it on a good day. cause ive seen other stands in other places and i tried to not even look at it let alone wanted it. but that day for some reason it kinda struck me and i was pushing my trolley around thinking shall i ask or should i not bother. its under my bed now cause yeah its so hard to look at it. but as my mum said at least u have it and u can just put it away in the garage if u want and forget about it.

I have it now too.... I got a call a while ago, that I could pick it up today.... I almost couldn't fit it in my car... and once it was in I almost didn't fit in, as I had to push the seat so much forward ;) ... now I have it in my living room and it's fucking huge... too big really, so I guess I will also put it in storage, maybe that's the best... but now that I have it, I'm kinda pissed, that it doesn't fit... because all tragedy aside, it actually looks quite cool!

Back