Which song Michael sang better live?

From what I've heard, I don't think he ever beat the studio vocals to any of his songs on stage. He gave many great performances, with great vocals, but for me, nothing that actually surpassed the studio masters where he is locked in and focused on giving the perfect vocal take. Not to mention the hours of vocal exercises prior to recording. Sure, I love Human Nature live, but do I think he ever surpassed the studio master vocally on stage? Not really.

The only song that really comes to mind as maybe being better performed on stage is "Who's Lovin' You".

hmm...I kinda see what you mean. When I posted, I was thinking in terms of 'performance' not just vocal. I misread I guess. So yes, I actually do agree with you :)

I think that the live vocals for Working Day And Night are very underrated. Most people only tend to focus on the dancing and flashy stage production of that song but the vocals are outstanding.

Many songs performed on the TII rehearsals improved in comparison to the previous tours. WBSS, Human Nature, IJCSLY, TDCAU, Earth Song sounded better than the studio versions IMO. If only we had the chance to seee the excecution completely! :sigh:

Any time Michael does ad libs live, I always find they're better than on the record. Mostly because he improvises and I guess the crowd pumps him up so much he sorta goes crazy with the ad libs! I love that! :wild:

The live adlibs for Earth Song at the World Music Awards 1996 and The Royal Brunei concert are awesome. I wish that Michael would have ended every Earth Song performance like this instead having a Tank come on stage.

The live adlibs for Earth Song at the World Music Awards 1996 and The Royal Brunei concert are awesome. I wish that Michael would have ended every Earth Song performance like this instead having a Tank come on stage.

Agreed....I get goosebumps every time I watch/hear this. Those ad libs are something else...So much soul and compassion coming out of his vocals...

To me, hearing him sing that way is much more effective than the tank coming on stage...Just raw Michael on his own is better than any stage props in my opinion :)

i think the way you make me feel sounded SOO much better Live when the base kicks in, that's it i'm over i'm done for lol :) i just just have to start dancing lol especialy the 3Oth anniversary Celebration & This Is It

Personally, I prefer the live versions of Hearbreak Hotel and Lovely One from the Bad Tour because they were filled with so much energy. Also, I don't know if this counts, but the Dangerous Tour rehearsal of Remember the Time with live vocals AND the full dance break was incredible. If only that song made it past the rehearsal stages. :(

Working Day And Night of Dangerous tour is brill.

Any that he sings live......his live singing tend to sound better then then studio recording

During the Bad tour, she's out of my life... makes me almost cry every time. But I have to admit, Human nature is a work of art... who else can sound that good live?

Back