Which MJ Song Has Affected You Personally?

RachelA

Proud Member
Which song of MJ's is most personal to you? Is there a song of MJ's that means the most to you or helped you get through a particularly difficult time in your life, or marked some kind of milestone in your life? For me it's You Are Not Alone, I can't even describe the comfort it gave me to listen to Mike's stirring performance any time I felt down when my husband was dying from cancer, I always feel his presence now when I listen to it, and it took on even more of a special significance for me when Michael passed away on the anniversary of my husband's death. Is there an MJ song that evokes personal memories for you whenever you hear it? How many of his songs have had an important affect on you?

On The Line

"Don't waste your time on the past
It's time you look to the future,
It's all right there if you ask
This time if you try much harder
You'll be the best that you can be"

It encouraged me whenever I feel dispirited :)

On The Line

I love On the Line. Great song.

Mine would be Human Nature, Will You Be There and We Are the World for sure.
They're very personal to me.

Which song of MJ's is most personal to you? Is there a song of MJ's that means the most to you or helped you get through a particularly difficult time in your life, or marked some kind of milestone in your life? For me it's You Are Not Alone, I can't even describe the comfort it gave me to listen to Mike's stirring performance any time I felt down when my husband was dying from cancer, I always feel his presence now when I listen to it, and it took on even more of a special significance for me when Michael passed away on the anniversary of my husband's death. Is there an MJ song that evokes personal memories for you whenever you hear it? How many of his songs have had an important affect on you?

I'm so sorry to hear that :(
Some songs just means so much more when you can connect a feeling or a situation to it.
Just hearing your story puts a whole other meaning to the song for me also.

Stranger in Moscow. Even though Michael's personal experience when writing the song was totally unlike anything I've ever gone through, I feel as though it could have been written for me.

Stranger in Moscow. Even though Michael's personal experience when writing the song was totally unlike anything I've ever gone through, I feel as though it could have been written for me.

Me too, exactly!

There are so many, really.
Man in the Mirror will always be a song that affects me. The message is so important, and so true, especially in the time we are living in now. I can't listen to that song without tearing.

So many but Man In The Mirror, I'll Be There & Heal The World hold great places for me.

One Day In Your Life has meaning to me. Too personal to go into, but there you have it.

hmmm mine is "You are my Life" each word relates me so much.

YOU ARE MY LIFE

Once all alone
I was lost in a world of strangers
No one to trust
On my own, I was lonely
You suddenly appeared
It was cloudy before but now it's clear
You took away the fear
You brought me back to life

You are the sun
You make me shine
Or more like the stars
That twinkle at night
You are the moon
That glows in my heart
You're my daytime my nighttime
My world
You're my life

Now I wake up everyday
With this smile upon my face
No more tears, no more pain
Cause you love me
You help me understand
That love is the answer to all that I am
And I?m a better man
You taught me by sharing your life

You are the sun
You make me shine
Or more like the stars
That twinkle at night
You are the moon
That glows in my heart
My world
You're my life

You gave me strength
When I wasn't strong
You gave me hope when all hope is lost
You opened my eyes when I couldn?t see
Love was always here waiting for me

Earth Song probably because I am so against what is happening to the eviroment. I am such a big believer in global warming now. And the killings of innocent animals most especially endangered and threatened animal species. There is just no reason at all for them to be killed.

earth song probably because i am so against what is happening to the eviroment. I am such a big believer in global warming now. And the killings of innocent animals most especially endangered and threatened animal species. There is just no reason at all for them to be killed.

amen!!!

I always get emotional listening to "Never Can Say Goodbye"

It's one of many that personally affects me.

Stranger in Moscow. I relate to how lonely and abandoned Michael felt at the time even though his situation at the time was more serious than mine. That song is so haunting and the way you can sense the pain in his voice.

Will you be there is a great one too.

I remember when I was a teenager I used to listen to Smile when I went through bad times. I still find it very comforting, even though it doesn't really help me to cope with Michaels death, because this is just too much to still keep trying to smile while being sad about it.

Man in the mirror, Heal the world and Earth song are very important to me, too, because they are just so true and important for all of us. If every single person believed in the message of these songs, the world would be better already.

I also love On the line, as a personal song, because it's good to listen to it when I feel like giving up or weak.

Childhood and Will you be there are in my heart because they are so personal and if I was asked to name a song I'd straight away associate with Michael, I'd say Childhood and Will you be there.

:happy:

Don't Let Nobody Take You Down
Just Keep Your Eyes On The Prize
And Get Your Feet Back On The Ground
Keep The Faith, Baby, Yea
Because It's Lust
A Matter Of Time
Before Your Confidence Will Win Out
But Till That Day I Said You've Got To Keep The Faith!

Thank you for the kind words BruceWayne. My husband was also a huge MJ fan, in fact that's how we met. Hearing Michael's music was one of the few things that could cheer him up at the end. Earth Song was his fave, environmental issues were very important to him.

Man In The Mirror has affected me the most, personally.

Last edited:
loads...Little Susie, Earth song, Shes out of my life, Lady in my life, Don't walk away, gone too soon, will you be there, scream, burn this disco out, put your hand out.....loads more too :)

hmmm mine is "You are my Life" each word relates me so much.

YOU ARE MY LIFE

Once all alone
I was lost in a world of strangers
No one to trust
On my own, I was lonely
You suddenly appeared
It was cloudy before but now it's clear
You took away the fear
You brought me back to life

You are the sun
You make me shine
Or more like the stars
That twinkle at night
You are the moon
That glows in my heart
My world
You're my life

Now I wake up everyday
With this smile upon my face
No more tears, no more pain
Cause you love me
You help me understand
That love is the answer to all that I am
And I?m a better man
You taught me by sharing your life

You are the sun
You make me shine
Or more like the stars
That twinkle at night
You are the moon
That glows in my heart
My world
You're my life

You gave me strength
When I wasn't strong
You gave me hope when all hope is lost
You opened my eyes when I couldn?t see
Love was always here waiting for me

^ love that one :wub:

:happy:

Don't Let Nobody Take You Down
Just Keep Your Eyes On The Prize
And Get Your Feet Back On The Ground
Keep The Faith, Baby, Yea
Because It's Lust
A Matter Of Time
Before Your Confidence Will Win Out
But Till That Day I Said You've Got To Keep The Faith!

This one too :D

I am so sorry you lost your husband :hug: xxxxxx

For me, it would have to be 'You are not alone'. I've always loved it..But in High school, it meant so much more..

During my school years, I was always a social outcast..My only friend was a boy called David...He ended up moving far away and I felt so alone...Michael's song gave me great comfort...Because he's right..no matter if someone you love is far away or even gone from this world, you will never be alone...They will always be in your heart..

Definitley "Keep the faith"!!!! Everytime I felt like givin up, or started to doubt myself - this song was the first I had in my mind or listen to it - it depended where I was ;)

"Tabloid Junkie" and in addition to that everything that Michael has ever mentioned about tabloids, it made me start to use my own brain instead of repeating what the media says.

"Don't let no one get you down
Keep movin' on higher ground
Keep flying until
You are the king of the hill
No force of nature can break
Your will to self motivate "

Is VERY meaningfull to me

Plus these verses of "on the line"
"Nothing good ever comes easy
All good things come in due time
Yes it does
You gotta have something to believe in
I'm telling you to open mind"

"Don't waste your time on the past, no, no
It's time you look to the future
You'll be the best that could can be"

And of course "Heal the world" and "Man in the mirror"

Last edited:
Man In The Mirror has affected me a lot. Also, I'll Be There, Heal The World, and Will You Be There

On The Line

actually, i feel the same way too~~
it's really a good song, and it can encourage me when i have some trouble or whenever i feel down...
Thx Michael punlished this song to the world~~aw...all of his songs too^^

Back