Where the hell was everybody??

1) who cares?
2) some like Elizabeth Taylor might have personal reasons
3) the memorial is for Michael, the family and fans
4) i'd prefer all them to have been there for him when he was alive especially during the trial when a few defended him. when nodody except for his children, family and fans cried and called him the greatest humanitarian and genial performer.
so who cares now ...

Chris Tucker ? what about Chris Tucker ? He didint even say something sice his death.

I thought he did say something, I heard it on the news, but cant find it now. He said something like, noone was there for Michael when he was alive, now thats he's dead everyone is Michael's friend. He referred to the trial and how he was shocked at the time that hardly any african american entertainers showed their support for Michael.

Im seriously paraphrasing, but that was the jist. I swear, I heard the statement on the news but I dont know if it was retracted (b/c it was kind of contraversial) but I havent been able to find it.

Some of you do understand that this is not all about public comments and actions? it is not necessary. This is not a show anymore, this is real life. I am glad Obama wasn't there. I am glad Spears wasn't there. I am glad URI wasn't there. These people don't know MJ. MJ, the man was commemorated and his loved ones mostly were there (why was Barbara walters there I have no idea). I loved it the way it was. So beautiful and poignant and genuine. No superfluous, ostentatious crowd.

Thank you for saying that.

1) who cares?
2) some like Elizabeth Taylor might have personal reasons
3) the memorial is for Michael, the family and fans
4) i'd prefer all them to have been there for him when he was alive especially during the trial when a few defended him. when nodody except for his children, family and fans cried and called him the greatest humanitarian and genial performer.
so who cares now ...

Right on!

I'm a pretty big Elton fan and I can't say why he wasn't there for sure... but Elton knew the difference between casual working friends and very close friends, and probably figured the memorial were for those closest to him.
What ever his reasons were, Elton was there for Michael in the 90's when he needed a place to crash for a while and I think helping Michael while he was alive was more important than showing up to this memorial.
If every celebrity that was ever friends with Michael went...then the fans wouldn't have had any seats at all.

We have no clue who was there. The crowd was dimmed for a reason. It wasn't about them. It was all about Michael Jackson. Did we know Mike Tyson, Akon, Don King, Little Richard, Patti Austin, Chris Brown, Suzanne De Passe, Teddy Riley, Lou Ferigno, Wesley Snipes, John Singleton, etc. were there? Nope! But they were and so were countless others. I've heard Earth, Wind, and Fire was there. Hell, we wouldn't have even known Barbara Walters or Larry King were there if they wouldn't have said it themselves.

It wasn't about Hollywood. It was about Neverland. It was about Michael (and his family).

what is wrong with wondering who was there. Of course his friends were there for him when he was alive, if they were'nt then they're not friends are they. There doesn't have to be some incredible meaning behind who was there or not, it's just out of simple interest.

Where was everybody? Just to name a few (and I mean only a FEW) of the people I at LEAST expected:

Jay-Z, Macauley Culkin, Uri Geller, Miko Brando (son of Marlon Brando), Kanwe West, Britney Spears, Will.i.am, Steven Spielberg, Paul McCartney, Beyoncé, Chris Brown, Teddy Riley, Quincy Jones, Lisa Marie Presley, Alicia Keys, Prince, Justin Timberlake, Eddie Murphy, Akon, Elton John, all of his Arabian friends, Aretha Franklin, Tom Jones, all the people he worked with, his businesspartners and lots and lotssss of more important Hollywood people!!!

He deserved MORE than this I think!! I thought everybody in Hollywood would be there, all of the moviestars and famous singers but there was Usher, Mariah Carey who was there only for a song and after that disappearerd and there were of course some other very very important people but that's it:S

What is the reason of this? I was VERY VERY disappointed! It was the LEAST they could do. They would have to show Michael Jackson the respect he deserves, just by showing up. If there is a MTW award show EVERYBODY is present but now...??

Does anybody knows the reason of this?? Didn's they get invited?

I find this post VERY rude and totally thoughtless. Who are you to judge people, to say what they should or should not do at this awful time!?

Shame on you!

sorry, i agree the reason people are there or not there is no ones business for sure, but just enquiring who was there is not a problem.

Gotta be honest in that I'm becoming increasingly pissed off at the idiotic threads people are making following the tragic death of Michael. For sure everyone grieves in different ways, but please can we try to stay away from the 'hateful' threads and try to act in the way Michael would expect from us all.
This thread was CLEARLY not started out of 'interest for who was present'. It is a clear attack on those that were not there OR assumed to not be there.

Rather than starting up completely trashy threads like this can we not concentrate on the real meaning of the memorial and the fantastic work Michael shared with us over the years.

who needs britney there to show the world michael was loved? she hardly knew him.

this wasnt the time or place

are people getting confused and thinking this was some kind of tribute concert? well when that happens, then yes, id like there to be some major celebs

the real shame is that hardly any of them stood up for him when he was here, they never said they thought he was innocent. yet now they presume him innocent when it suits them

I'm sure they were mourning privately. Not everyone was up to going to Michael's memorial.

the spotlight was on Michael, not attendees. It's not like it was an awards show or something. Media also focused on who was NOT there rather than who was. I just don't see the point. Besides, no one knows who attended the private family memorial before the public one. It could very well be that some attended that and felt no need to attend the public one.

Just because the celebrities that were there did not enter the arena like they were walking down the red carpet does not mean there was a small number. Just because some did not attend the public memorial does not mean they did not attend the private one. Just because some of them are on the road working does not mean they did not want to pay their respects. Notice that I did not say pay their last respects. Respect for Michael will be ongoing. Also, just because some celebrities have not spoken about their feelings does not mean they are not grieving.

It is humanly impossible to think for each and every single one of Michael's celebrity friends. We will wear ourselves out attempting to do such a thing.

All that loved Michael Jackson attended his memorial. The world is his arena. The biggest fanbase in the world that includes regular everyday people, celebrities and world leaders cannot fit into a building. There is no structure large enough.

Where was everybody? Just to name a few (and I mean only a FEW) of the people I at LEAST expected:

Jay-Z, Macauley Culkin, Uri Geller, Miko Brando (son of Marlon Brando), Kanwe West, Britney Spears, Will.i.am, Steven Spielberg, Paul McCartney, Beyoncé, Chris Brown, Teddy Riley, Quincy Jones, Lisa Marie Presley, Alicia Keys, Prince, Justin Timberlake, Eddie Murphy, Akon, Elton John, all of his Arabian friends, Aretha Franklin, Tom Jones, all the people he worked with, his businesspartners and lots and lotssss of more important Hollywood people!!!

He deserved MORE than this I think!! I thought everybody in Hollywood would be there, all of the moviestars and famous singers but there was Usher, Mariah Carey who was there only for a song and after that disappearerd and there were of course some other very very important people but that's it:S

What is the reason of this? I was VERY VERY disappointed! It was the LEAST they could do. They would have to show Michael Jackson the respect he deserves, just by showing up. If there is a MTW award show EVERYBODY is present but now...??

Does anybody knows the reason of this?? Didn's they get invited?

I was thinking the exact same thing on the day.
Although i know that this wasn't some event to just show all the celebrities that were there to pay homage to Michael, i did expect to see Macaulay and the bevy of other celeb friends.

I think there were more celebs there than a lot of us were even aware of. The place was packed. Many of them could have been in contact with the family all through this ordeal. Who really knows?

Lisa Marie Presley didn't need to be there at all. I seriously doubt she was invited. Liz Taylor, Diana Ross and Quincy Jones met with the family in private, but declined to appear at the memorial service. That was understandable considering how close they all were to MJ. However, I haven't heard anything from Chris Tucker, Macauley Culkin, Steve Harvey or Eddie Murphy. Has anyone else? And there were many, many celebs at the memorial service. The Jackson family had 9,000 tickets I believe.

Steve Harvey has spoken about MJ every morning on radio show since the 27th (i don't think he was on the show the morning after). He's been playing alot of his music, sharing his experiences with him, and giving his thoughts on some of the slanted media coverage he's been receiving (he lit into Bill O'Reilly last week about his comments). I can't report everything he's said because I wasn't able to sit down and really listen to it, but what stands out is what he said about the people who really knew Michael, and how they have nothing but glowing remarks about him as a MAN. As he's always said, Steve said Michael was "a real dude" who was "very misunderstood". He also mentioned the GQ article (from 1994) again, for some people who still might have some lingering questions about a certain period in his life.

miko was there. he sat not too far from us. and think that this was the PUBLIC memorial. the private one had more people. sorry but not everyone wants to pimp their grief out to the watching world.

Just because the celebrities that were there did not enter the arena like they were walking down the red carpet does not mean there was a small number. Just because some did not attend the public memorial does not mean they did not attend the private one. Just because some of them are on the road working does not mean they did not want to pay their respects. Notice that I did not say pay their last respects. Respect for Michael will be ongoing. Also, just because some celebrities have not spoken about their feelings does not mean they are not grieving.

It is humanly impossible to think for each and every single one of Michael's celebrity friends. We will wear ourselves out attempting to do such a thing.

All that loved Michael Jackson attended his memorial. The world is his arena. The biggest fanbase in the world that includes regular everyday people, celebrities and world leaders cannot fit into a building. There is no structure large enough.

Can I have an Amen? :clapping:
John Lucas

I don't care who attended or who didn't, starting with the tickets for fans... not all the fans that should be there could...

The principal and real question here is... WHERE THE H... WAS EVERYBODY WHO NOW IS TALKING ABOUT THE AMAZING PERSON HE WAS AND ALL THE BEAUTIFUL THINGS THAT WE ALL KNOW, BY THE TIME OF HIS TRIAL??

I never saw anyone of this "friends" of his givin' interviews back then, trying to show the world who he really was and why he'd never do what those horrible people said he did...

So now, they looking for exclusives, and tv...

Back then is when Michael nedeed it, not now

Last edited:
A lot of people that you mentioned were there and also a lot that you didnt mention were there too. This wasnt the Grammys or the Oscars so they didnt get air time and i am glad because it was a MEMORIAL.

Btw i read that Chris and Grace were there too.

Back