Where the hell was everybody??

Jacksonstyle

Proud Member
Where was everybody? Just to name a few (and I mean only a FEW) of the people I at LEAST expected:

Jay-Z, Macauley Culkin, Uri Geller, Miko Brando (son of Marlon Brando), Kanwe West, Britney Spears, Will.i.am, Steven Spielberg, Paul McCartney, Beyoncé, Chris Brown, Teddy Riley, Quincy Jones, Lisa Marie Presley, Alicia Keys, Prince, Justin Timberlake, Eddie Murphy, Akon, Elton John, all of his Arabian friends, Aretha Franklin, Tom Jones, all the people he worked with, his businesspartners and lots and lotssss of more important Hollywood people!!!

He deserved MORE than this I think!! I thought everybody in Hollywood would be there, all of the moviestars and famous singers but there was Usher, Mariah Carey who was there only for a song and after that disappearerd and there were of course some other very very important people but that's it:S

What is the reason of this? I was VERY VERY disappointed! It was the LEAST they could do. They would have to show Michael Jackson the respect he deserves, just by showing up. If there is a MTW award show EVERYBODY is present but now...??

Does anybody knows the reason of this?? Didn's they get invited?

I think they wanted it to be a small ceremony and not this big Hollywood thing.

this was a memorial for michael, his FANS and his family! it wasnt a big star hollywood show, ok?

most of his star-friends grieved on their own. like dame elizabeth. and i can ABSOLUTELY understand that!

Not everybody could be there.

Others were in other states and cities under contractual obligations, and if they weren't performing, then it's unnecessary for them to just come and sit when they could watch from where they are.

Also, too many celebs can be hard to manage - ego and all that stuff.

The event was 2 hours, impossible to cram in all celebs to appear on stage.

I thought it was all good.

I know that Akon, Teddy Riley and Chris Brown actually were there.

As you may understand they didn't shot footage of the guests, this was about MJ and not about the attendances.

I don't know if they were invited.

Some might didn't get a ticket in the lottery?

Some might were too selfcentered and when they are not in the middle of something they are not taking part?!

Some might want to grieve more privately?!

Maybe the Jackson family decided to give the space better to the fans with tickets?!

several reasons possible.

However I think it was a beautifull memorial. And I'm thankfull for the memories.

Umm, Lisa, probably couldn't come, read her blog about it. Liz. T. also couldn't come. Uri is not quite(sp?) a friend.

Where was everybody? Just to name a few (and I mean only a FEW) of the people I at LEAST expected:

Jay-Z, Macauley Culkin, Uri Geller, Miko Brando (son of Marlon Brando), Kanwe West, Britney Spears, Will.i.am, Steven Spielberg, Paul McCartney, Beyoncé, Chris Brown, Teddy Riley, Quincy Jones, Lisa Marie Presley, Alicia Keys, Prince, Justin Timberlake, Eddie Murphy, Akon, Elton John, all of his Arabian friends, Aretha Franklin, Tom Jones, all the people he worked with, his businesspartners and lots and lotssss of more important Hollywood people!!!

He deserved MORE than this I think!! I thought everybody in Hollywood would be there, all of the moviestars and famous singers but there was Usher, Mariah Carey who was there only for a song and after that disappearerd and there were of course some other very very important people but that's it:S

What is the reason of this? I was VERY VERY disappointed! It was the LEAST they could do. They would have to show Michael Jackson the respect he deserves, just by showing up. If there is a MTW award show EVERYBODY is present but now...??

Miko and Chris were there! Just because you didn't see them, doesn't mean they weren't there...

Miko was there,
Not that it is my place to worry, but I am concerned for Macauley. I hope he is ok, he spent a lot of his childhood and years friends with Michael, and he must be devastated too. Not being there at the memorial doesn't mean you don't care....

I hoped everybody would be there. Not to make it a huge Hollywood show, but to show the world the respect he deserves. I think it's too bad. Why would it be a Hollywood show if they appear? It would only be good I think. He is the King of POP and without him most of them probably wouldn't even think about being a popstar!

Miko was there,
Not that it is my place to worry, but I am concerned for Macauley. I hope he is ok, he spent a lot of his childhood and years friends with Michael, and he must be devastated too. Not being there at the memorial doesn't mean you don't care....

I agree, but if a friend of mine or family would die I would do EVERYTHING I would have in my power to APPEAR!!! I would wear sunglasses and cry like hell but I would be there to show my respect. It's the least thing I could do. If it's hard for them, how hard would it be for his kids??

Respect for Brook Shields!

I hoped everybody would be there. Not to make it a huge Hollywood show, but to show the world the respect he deserves. I think it's too bad. Why would it be a Hollywood show if they appear? It would only be good I think. He is the King of POP and without him most of them probably wouldn't even think about being a popstar!

So how many seats for fans would have been left if the whole Hollywood stars would have been there? maybe 10... I think it would have been less than 10... maybe 2... cuz of everybody rolling in with a team of publicists, security etc. etc.
Get over it really... I'm sure Michael loved it exactly the way it was!

I could imagine Mac was there.
I also could imagine he wasn't as it's not too long ago that he already lost his sister.
So however he has my understanding.

So how many seats for fans would have been left if the whole Hollywood stars would have been there? maybe 10... I think it would have been less than 10... maybe 2... cuz of everybody rolling in with a team of publicists, security etc. etc.
Get over it really... I'm sure Michael loved it exactly the way it was!

I don't agree with that, but let's forget that.. There was almost no one of those people. Isn't that a pitty (my English is not super sorry)

I didn't miss them not being there. It was a perfect memorial for Michael.

Not everybody could be there.

I don't accept that for one second. MICHAEL JACKSON IS DEAD. Don't tell me you can't stop whatever you're doing, to be there. Unless you're on tour, doing a show, in which case, I understand that you can't let your fans down. And even then. Michael Jackson CANCELED his show the day Diana died.

I know Britney is currently in Paris. Where was Liza, Michael Jordan (if Kobe & Magic Johnson could be there, why couldn't he?), Steven Spielberg?

On the other hand, I do believe most of them simply didn't want to be part of a big production, like Diana Ross and Liz Taylor. They wanted to grieve privately, and as others have said, yesterday was mostly a goodbye for the fans. I'm sure other celebrities were at the private service. I suppose I'm just annoyed because the event was TELEVISED, so it would have been nice for some bigger stars that knew Michael to show up, so that people watching could see just how much everyone loved him.

I seen Beyonce doing a tribute just after the memorial.. I don't know if it was in a different venue or what.. she sang her song Halo but changed the lyrics to 'Michael, I can see your halo' :cry: and thanked him and stuff.

I don't accept that for one second. MICHAEL JACKSON IS DEAD. Don't tell me you can't stop whatever you're doing, to be there. Unless you're on tour, doing a show, in which case, I understand that you can't let your fans down. And even then. Michael Jackson CANCELED his show the day Diana died.

I know Britney is currently in Paris. Where was Liza, Michael Jordan (if Kobe & Magic Johnson could be there, why couldn't he?), Steven Spielberg?

Yeah!! Whitney Houston, Celine Dion etc etc?? But about the grief in private.. You can grief everyday. That day was for the memorial. You HAVE to be there if you are able and if you aren't you will have to move mountains if nessecairy!!!!! But I simply don't think they aren't invited or something. Otherwise I wouldn't know another reason. Pesonally I think it would be great to see all the stars present to show their king of pop the respect he deserves. This is a historical moment. Wouldn't it be great if we see this over 20 years and see all the famous people of this era showing respect to the king of pop of all time?

i think there will be sth bigger in the future..with all the tribute artists performing..
pdiddy was there - he said so on twitter..
i guess it was for invited guests..others (like fans) needed ticket - and paris hilton probably didnt get it.. :)

This is a historical moment. Wouldn't it be great if we see this over 20 years and see all the famous people of this era showing respect to the king of pop of all time?

Yes. I am quite disappointed in all those that didn't show up. I expected everyone in the industry to have the decency to show up and pay their respects.

Britney Spears is in france

Some of you do understand that this is not all about public comments and actions? it is not necessary. This is not a show anymore, this is real life. I am glad Obama wasn't there. I am glad Spears wasn't there. I am glad URI wasn't there. These people don't know MJ. MJ, the man was commemorated and his loved ones mostly were there (why was Barbara walters there I have no idea). I loved it the way it was. So beautiful and poignant and genuine. No superfluous, ostentatious crowd.

Yea true. This was for his fans and a part of his family since I don't think the whole Jackson family was there [aunts, cousins etc]. on the other side its still weird than none who were REALLY close didnt release a statement.

Honestly, I'm glad there wasn't a Beyonce performance and that no one moonwalked and that the camera never went to any of the celebs in the audience. I appreciate that so much.

I didn't miss any of those big named celebs not being there for the most part. It was mainly for the fans, it was a memorial, not an actual funeral so why are some people up in arms? It was a beautiful service and it honored MJ so well. I couldn't care less about seeing a host of fake, phony celebrities there. I was just very happy to see MJ's family, fans and others who really cared about him. That's what counts at the the end. MJ was the focal point, not a bunch of phony celebs who would have made it all about them for the most part. All I know is that they did a wonderful job honoring MJ and that's all I care about.

Chris Tucker ? what about Chris Tucker ? He didint even say something sice his death.

That is what i was thinking the entire time of watching the memorial...i thought they were still friends..?

I suppose I'm just annoyed because the event was TELEVISED, so it would have been nice for some bigger stars that knew Michael to show up, so that people watching could see just how much everyone loved him.

Just look around. 1.6 million people wanted to go, over 30 million watched the service in the US, I think it 1-2 billion world wide....He was loved. Why does "celebrity" attendance vallidate how much Michael was loved?!?!?!? I think the service was perfect.

Back