When I see Michael I will be facing a Phobia! :O

Bl00dyphynix

Proud Member
When I was little, up until the age of 9, at the 4th of July(USA Independence Day)my mother would have to listen to me ball like crazy durring the fireworks and shed eventally drag me to the car she was so embaressed! Luckily Disneyworld Helped cure me of that! haha.

But it still hasnt completely gone away. Durring Janet's concert I had my fingers in my ears at the beginning...and was wishing i didnt have to be such a baby about it XD

and Im worried b/c for Michael its going to be like 100 times more intence! The man is like the master of explosions and sadly enough if I where to have been lucky enough to go see him at the HIStory tour at 9 years old even tho i was starting to get over it it would have terrified me haha!

at the concert(s) I go to Im going to try and tell my friends to hold my hands down XD I am going to be scared! :p But I want to get the full experience(what Im really looking to actually is how the music feels lol).

But Ill get through it. I really cant wait for the electrifying, earth shattering experience that is Michael Jackson.

and for anyone who wants to share what this is like or can relate to me Id love your feedback! :D much love!

Hopefully there won't be any fireworks at This Is It. I thought I was buying tickets to a music concert, not a Disney parade.

The concerts are very loud. They sell ear plugs though if it would calm your nerves :yes:

i'm just like you Phoenix. i hated fireworks too. but i would force myself to change for MJ concert. lol

no im not scared of fireworks anymore lol I was using that as an example......there will be explosions tho wouldnt there? how can you have a Michael Jackson concert w/o explosions?

I don't see any reason why there couldn't be a Michael Jackson concert without explosions.

Explosions are not necessary to concerts. If anything they distract from the purpose of the concert, which is to listen to live music.

Saying 'How can there be a Michael Jackson concert without explosions?' is like saying 'How can you eat a pizza without anchovies on it?'

The answer is quite easily, and it'll actually be an improvement.

Last edited:
I don't see any reason why there couldn't be a Michael Jackson concert without explosions.

Explosions are not necessary to concerts. If anything they distract from the purpose of the concert, which is to listen to live music.

Saying 'How can there be a Michael Jackson concert without explosions?' is like saying 'How can you eat a pizza without anchovies on it?'

Well, considering past experiences with Michael Jackson shows, comments made about the this is it concerts by Kenny Ortega and Randy Phillips - I think you're gonna be VERY disappointed if you expect no pyrotechnics...

It is part of the package with MJ live shows. Whether or not it's necessary and if it's a good thing I guess is very subjective, but I am willing to bet on it that pyretechnics will be used. There will be ALOT of stuff going on, I am sure. ALOT!

Michael Jackson shows have never been focused on just listning to live music! It's more about the visual

if the music is good, it can't be threatened by the trappings.

and MJ's music is the best.

There won't be fireworks because the concert is inside an arena. :lol: Pyro stuff...maybe? But again, it's inside an arena so they probably will be very careful about it and go easy on the pyro stuff. But I bet there will be some.

There won't be fireworks because the concert is inside an arena. :lol: Pyro stuff...maybe? But again, it's inside an arena so they probably will be very careful about it and go easy on the pyro stuff. But I bet there will be some.

When people say fireworks they also mean pyro stuff
A Michael Jackson concert without Pryos would be criminal and not smooth!

I'm sure there will be a couple.. just the way everything's been described so far by Phillips and Ortega, I have a feeling there'll be quite a few explosions, like in the Dangerous tour. Personally I quite like them, they add a feeling of excitement :)

TwistedV, sounds to me like you've never been to an MJ concert. :)

I went to the 30th Anniversary and man I'm not that scared of explosions but when they hit at MSG I felt vibration in my chest and through out my body. The explosions make it feel like the ground is shaking.. it's that intense.... A Michael Jackson concert without explosions is like having a chocolate chip cookie without the chocolate! It's insane and I can't wait to experience it.

TwistedV, sounds to me like you've never been to an MJ concert. :)

I went to the 30th Anniversary and man I'm not that scared of explosions but when they hit at MSG I felt vibration in my chest and through out my body. The explosions make it feel like the ground is shaking.. it's that intense.... A Michael Jackson concert without explosions is like having a chocolate chip cookie without the chocolate! It's insane and I can't wait to experience it.

Amen!

I am not scared of the explosions either...only when they are near MJ, because I get scared he will get burnt again. But they often do catch me off guard though so they make me jump. :lol: Like when the dancers were "catapulted" on stage...the first explosion always made me jump because I didn't expect it. :lol:

well im not saying it would be bad. Id really be ok with him just singing. but its HARD to think of a Michael Jackson concert without any of that, ill put it that way, considering how much he loves them! he gets so excited when they happen. if for some reason he would decide to keep it simple..that would be pretty ok with me :yes:

Summer said:
I am not scared of the explosions either...only when they are near MJ, because I get scared he will get burnt again. But they often do catch me off guard though so they make me jump. Like when the dancers were "catapulted" on stage...the first explosion always made me jump because I didn't expect it.

lol ya at that point im like phew! its over with

Kristen said:
I'm sure there will be a couple.. just the way everything's been described so far by Phillips and Ortega, I have a feeling there'll be quite a few explosions, like in the Dangerous tour. Personally I quite like them, they add a feeling of excitement

oh they do!! At the Janet concert there is also a lot to watch. when I was distracted by watching her and the dancers I was fine and LOVED them. Its more the very beginning of any huge concert Im always afraid of lol. cause at the very beginning from my experience, theres an explosion as the musician(s) appear on the stage. Id rather not be expecting an explosion so I dont have to worry so much about it scaring me instead of expecting it

perhaps phobia is too huge of a word but it still kinda is lol. and I know Michael's are gonna be a lot louder!! since of corse with Michael he wants everything to be bigger and better. I can picture him probably at the reharsals with his fingers on his chin watching an explosion go off "no, no mmmmmm..still not there yet. bigger. it needs to be bigger! they need to FEEL it!"

Last edited:
oh they do!! At the Janet concert there is also a lot to watch. when I was distracted by watching her and the dancers I was fine and LOVED them. Its more the very beginning of any huge concert Im always afraid of lol. cause at the very beginning from my experience, theres an explosion as the musician(s) appear on the stage. Id rather not be expecting an explosion so I dont have to worry so much about it scaring me instead of expecting it :lol:

perhaps phobia is too huge of a word but it still kinda is lol. and I know Michael's are gonna be a lot louder!! since of corse with Michael he wants everything to be bigger and better. I can picture him probably at the reharsals with his fingers on his chin watching an explosion go off "no, no mmmmmm..still not there yet. bigger. it needs to be bigger! they need to FEEL it!" ;)

:wild:

oh believe me I am going to try my hardest! itll probably end up being a huge roller coaster ride. you love it b/c you "hate" it kinda thing you know?

The concerts are very loud. They sell ear plugs though if it would calm your nerves :yes:

thank you hun. :) i think i would just use the ear plugs for the opening act for my ears' sake. cause like i said i really want the full experience b/c id regreat it if it didnt! but thanks for the advice. and they prolly wouldnt be much help anyways! HA! it would be more of a psycological thing ;)

and I apologise Ive never really needed to quote more then one thing before and Ive JUST discovered that function :lol: Im sory about that. :ermm:

well..i can do without anchovies. so, lol, now u can see how subjective it all is. lol :lol:

and thanks for mentioning the anchovie thing. it really brings the subjective thing way into focus. lol

perhaps phobia is too huge of a word but it still kinda is lol. and I know Michael's are gonna be a lot louder!! since of corse with Michael he wants everything to be bigger and better. I can picture him probably at the reharsals with his fingers on his chin watching an explosion go off "no, no mmmmmm..still not there yet. bigger. it needs to be bigger! they need to FEEL it!"
Haha, I love your post.

sorry i have nothing to offer the discussion but i did want to say what an enjoyable thread this was to read :lol:

you'll be just fine :yes:

and um ... no pun intended but I'm quite sure you'll have a blast :D

:giggle:

:flowers:

Back