When did Michael get arrested

Nirvana

Proud Member
2301 Jackson street , i know your jealous
I only just found out he got arrested in the 80's for speeding or something , or they though he stole the car but he was wearing a disguise at the time and apparently he enjoyed doing something normal for once

When did this happen

81/82 I think. He was driving a Rolls Royce and the police pulled him over as they thought he stole it aka pulled him over as he was black. They did a check and he had a speeding ticket outstanding so they arrested him.

this is what katherine wrote in her book ..

Michael’s first car was a Mercedes. Then he bought a black Rolls-Royce, which he later painted blue. It was in the Rolls that he was stopped one day -- not for fans outside the gate, but by a Van Nuys policeman. “This looks like a stolen car,” the officer said. He didn’t recognise Michael, who wasn’t wearing a disguise that day. Michael explained politely that he did, indeed, own the car. But the officer went ahead and ran a check on the car, and found that Michael had a ticket outstanding. The next thing Michael knew, he was sitting in the Van Nuys jail. Bill Bray bailed him out. I didn’t even know what had happened until he came home. “You should have asked the officer what a stolen car looks like,” I said after he related his adventure. Perhaps the cop had felt that a young black man didn’t belong behind the wheel of a Rolls. But Michael was not only put out by the experience, he professed to be happy.“I got to see how it felt to be in jail!” he exclaimed.

haha mj is a BAD ass i love it

:lmao: oh Michael....:wub: Typical Michael getting excited about being in jail...he's too funny...

:lmao: oh Michael....:wub: Typical Michael getting excited about being in jail...he's too funny...

lol i know! ... when i was reading katherine's book she said michael was a horrible driver .. hehe .. finally something michael wasn't good at hahah ..:D

Michael’s first car was a Mercedes. Then he bought a black Rolls-Royce, which he later painted blue. It was in the Rolls that he was stopped one day -- not for fans outside the gate, but by a Van Nuys policeman. “This looks like a stolen car,” the officer said. He didn’t recognise Michael, who wasn’t wearing a disguise that day. Michael explained politely that he did, indeed, own the car. But the officer went ahead and ran a check on the car, and found that Michael had a ticket outstanding. The next thing Michael knew, he was sitting in the Van Nuys jail. Bill Bray bailed him out. I didn’t even know what had happened until he came home. “You should have asked the officer what a stolen car looks like,” I said after he related his adventure. Perhaps the cop had felt that a young black man didn’t belong behind the wheel of a Rolls. But Michael was not only put out by the experience, he professed to be happy.“I got to see how it felt to be in jail!” he exclaimed.

haha mj is a BAD ass i love it

lol i know! ... when i was reading katherine's book she said michael was a horrible driver .. hehe .. finally something michael wasn't good at hahah ..:D

lol...those things he is not good at..are so far and few...:love:...(mind wonders)..:blush:

hehehe. it must have felt like a real adventure for him :wub::wub::wub:

:toofunny::toofunny: he is a class all by himself so sweet so hood i love it

That's funny. I don't mean to laugh but if he was happy about it that is funny.:)

But Michael was not only put out by the experience, he professed to be happy.“I got to see how it felt to be in jail!” he exclaimed.

:lmao: He would. hahaha! I read about this a while back and I laughed for minutes and minutes. lol. Great story, only Michael would be so positive about something as serious as going to jail. lol. I can just hear him in my head saying that now. lol.

Too funny.

Bless his heart, a one off completely. Makes me chuckle. :giggle:

Its kinda one of those things were it really isn't funny at the time but afterwards it's funny. Bless his heart, I love him so much :wub:

He just embraced every experience through a childs excited eyes. I love him, and miss him so much.

Mjbaybee you deserve rep points for just your siggy alone :wub:

Back