Whawhat do americans know about Football (Soccer)

The Olympics is a sporting event where a huge variety of sports are played in.......including football (but only under 21 years)!!!!

I'm talking about just one singular sport that is global..........

A close second is the running sports in athletics (100m, 200m, marathon, etc.)............where your would see almost every country imaginable (during the qualifiers)...........

But Football is still the biggest and most widely played sport in the World!!!!

Fair enough.

Do any americans know any english football teams, Like man united or chelsea...Do you ever get it on your TV channels cause in england we get NFL sometimes (usually late at night)....Because i know you all know david beckham but we literally don't know any american football players obviously the nfl fans will but average person wont

Hi, Nirvana! I won't lie; the most I know about soccer is watching my little nieces and nephews learn to play it after school or during their summer break neighborhood pick up games, lol!

Sorry.....

what I don't get is how come the Americans call their game FOOTball, when they carry a ball in their hands throughout the game. What do feet have to do with it lol? Whilst in real football they kick the ball with their feet and can't touch it with their hands - thus the name FOOTball.

and where did the word soccer come from?

what I don't get is how come the Americans call their game FOOTball, when they carry a ball in their hands throughout the game. What do feet have to do with it lol? Whilst in real football they kick the ball with their feet and can't touch it with their hands - thus the name FOOTball.

and where did the word soccer come from?

Google it!

Back