What's to dislike about 2000 Watts. ...my FAVORITE JAM... I'd really LOVE to know

SoS

Proud Member
Donations
$15.00
Please and thank you in advance for your comments ;)

P.S. favorite ... on Invincible that is ... next to Butterflies that is, but then Butterflies wouldn't be classified a jam so. . .

3D 3D 3D!!! :punk: should'a been a club banger

please tell me why you don't like the 3D jam
:eek: :D

Last edited:
I love it, the whole industrial feel and something about it that doesn't feel MJ-ish.

The only thing that I don't like about it is the 'You may now apply your 3D glasses'. I know that's intentional for the future sound but that kinda put me off. But go further into the track, with it thumping, and it's just too damned good.

What I've found is that either fans love it or hate it. It's either their favourite song on Invincible or their least favourite.

My opinion...um...let's see...

It's not danceable and it's just a lot of noise.

Others may not agree...

As far as Butterflies, oh, you weren't asking about Butterflies. I'll keep my opinion to myself about Butterflies then.

2000 Watts is too much like NSync; they did do some good songs, but I don't expect Michael to sound like them. I just don't think it's a strong song.

I love it because its a glimpse of MJ in his world (the studio) just letting his hair completely down and doing what he loves which is experimenting with sound.

The whole concept of 'sound' itself, is partly what I interpret it to be about and double messages, eg. "bass low treble" seeming to refer to the contrast that this song's sound has to his own, usual vocal sound and burying the lyrical message within it makes it all the more hot. I'm aware of the sexual innuendo fans have picked up on and would't want to belabor that topic. Only a few lines he makes clear mostly at the hook and brings all that "noise" home with, "be careful what you say don't overload" as if referring to the "overloading" he'd been doing throughout the song. It's fly to me and I have certainly been in clubs where its exactly what a room full of hot, sweaty dancers dance to when the DJ has "crunk it up". I must check out N Sync to notice a similarity but it strikes me as pretty original and daring for MJ. Yes fans seem to love it or hate it, I'd love to hear from a few more haters, I'm so curious to know what they all think because I LOVE it and no good case has been made aainst it yet. :lol:

I appreciate the comments and hope I get more, and more specific criticisms :lol: but I have an idea now at least.

Last edited:
2000 Watts is too much like NSync; they did do some good songs, but I don't expect Michael to sound like them. I just don't think it's a strong song.

2000 Watts like N'Sync ?

I would like to know which track ?

2000 Watts isn't my least favourite, but it's nowhere near my favourite either. It doesn't even sound like Michael's voice to me. Is there a lot of embellishment going on with the vocals?
Like someone else said, there's an element of "noise" to the song. It kind of jars against itself to me.

Please tell me which N'Sync song 2000 Watts sounded like. I'm really curious now.

I love it because its a glimpse of MJ in his world (the studio) just letting his hair completely down and doing what he loves which is experimenting with sound.

The whole concept of 'sound' itself, is partly what I interpret it to be about and double messages, eg. "bass low treble" seeming to refer to the contrast that this song's sound has to his own, usual vocal sound and burying the lyrical message within it makes it all the more hot. I'm aware of the sexual innuendo fans have picked up on and would't want to belabor that topic. Only a few lines he makes clear mostly at the hook and brings all that "noise" home with, "be careful what you say don't overload" as if referring to the "overloading" he'd been doing throughout the song. It's fly to me and I have certainly been in clubs where its exactly what a room full of hot, sweaty dancers dance to when the DJ has "crunk it up". I must check out N Sync to notice a similarity but it strikes me as pretty original and daring for MJ. Yes fans seem to love it or hate it, I'd love to hear from a few more haters, I'm so curious to know what they all think because I LOVE it and no good case has been made aainst it yet. :lol:

I appreciate the comments and hope I get more, and more specific criticisms :lol: but I have an idea now at least.

Well, in all seriousness, (for a change), I think things you have pointed out are true for the song. MJ doesn't seem to ever just plop a song together and make a lot of noise. He has a reason for what he does and his songs are approached as art with many layers going on and lots of thought put into it. I love and respect that. In other words, this song is not haphazard noise at all. I think the song is clever. It seems during the album this is off of he especially was into having a theme for a song and using various sounds to back up his theme. Well, come to think of it, he did quite a bit of that even back with Dangerous when you consider She Drives Me Wild and his use of all those car sounds, just for an example.

As far as me saying it is not danceable, of course I am meaning for me personally, I can imagine many getting very into it. You have to understand even Janet's, Rhythm Nation, doesn't particularly move me, and you know how MJ himself loved to jam to that one. Different types of beats appeal to different types of people.

Also, I want to add that there are many, many songs of Michael Jackson's that I do love to dance to. :)

*wonders what the post with all the "dots" could have originally said...*

Last edited:
To be fair you asked why people who don't like it don't like it & that's what you are getting. I'm not trying to change anyone's mind. :)

It has always reminded me of the Nsync sound around 2000, the No Strings CD more specifically the song Bye, Bye, Bye. He also performed w/them a couple times around 2001, so I don't think it's my imagination that he liked their sound. It think 2000 Watts does feature their influence. To me, it just doesn't sound like a true Michael Jackson track.

2000 Watts like N'Sync ?

I would like to know which track ?

Please tell me which N'Sync song 2000 Watts sounded like. I'm really curious now.

It's like a new kind of sound. I like this music. I like the MJ's voice, I mean the effect that has in his voice. It's like a remix, and I like ramixes! Maybe who doesn't like 2000 watts is because don't like this kind of sound (remix) and because it isn't sound like the real MJ.

The only thing I don't like much is the noises. Has so much noise, one cutting other and it makes you go crazy wondering ''OMG what is this''? Ok, but it's funny enjoy in this crazy

definitely!! :) this was my favorite song when I was 9 years old. It's still one of my faves. I LOVED when he said "3D-D-B-B." I would always get excited when the part was coming up :lol: I like all the sounds that were used, pretty tight production on that track. The vocals :wub: the beats, everything made me wanna dance. The Invincible album is my baby, love it so much.

*runs to go play song* haha
"3D, high speed, feedback, Dolby" :dance::party::bounce:

Humans are creatures of habit, so I can see how all the different sounds could have struck some people as being too much, odd, or "not really mj's style."

Last edited:
I adore 2000 watts and his sexy voice...
Inn't it though woohoo and its so easy to hear HIS voice which some love to debate about. He does the opposite of what he does in Butterflies and takes it all the way to a new (for us) 'bottom' showing that immense range and versatility showing he can floss in any style.

Well, in all seriousness, (for a change), I think things you have pointed out are true for the song. MJ doesn't seem to ever just plop a song together and make a lot of noise. He has a reason for what he does and his songs are approached as art with many layers going on and lots of thought put into it. I love and respect that. In other words, this song is not haphazard noise at all. I think the song is clever. It seems during the album this is off of he especially was into having a theme for a song and using various sounds to back up his theme. Well, come to think of it, he did quite a bit of that even back with Dangerous when you consider She Drives Me Wild and his use of all those car sounds, just for an example.

As far as me saying it is not danceable, of course I am meaning for me personally, I can imagine many getting very into it. You have to understand even Janet's, Rhythm Nation, doesn't particularly move me, and you know how MJ himself loved to jam to that one. Different types of beats appeal to different types of people.

Also, I want to add that there are many, many songs of Michael Jackson's that I do love to dance to. :)

*wonders what the post with all the "dots" could have originally said...*
I totally agree about his using sound for dramatic affect (and I knew you meant danceable for you and were joshin me, no worries :) and thanks for the concern, friend) The dots were to omit a double post, sry for the confusion, the first one was technically simpler to delete than the last.

Nothing. It's just different.
It is, which it seems to me would be why MJ did it like he did - to show he has a range, not only vocally but a range of expression, adaptability, versatility and fearlessness about chiseling on the cutting edge.

To be fair you asked why people who don't like it don't like it & that's what you are getting. I'm not trying to change anyone's mind. :)
Oh definitely, I totally did and I really apptreciate your response. Disagreement (or, rather, non-agreement, espacially about art) is what stimulates a really good discussion. I really appreciate your contribution :) very much.

It has always reminded me of the Nsync sound around 2000, the No Strings CD more specifically the song Bye, Bye, Bye. He also performed w/them a couple times around 2001, so I don't think it's my imagination that he liked their sound. It think 2000 Watts does feature their influence. To me, it just doesn't sound like a true Michael Jackson track.
Thanks for expanding on that N Sync part. I'm definitely gonna check it out. I feel that, it not sounding like a true Michael track is part of the challenge for fans and to me ironically is what makes it unmistakably Michaelesque in nature to me (just offerring stimulation of Convo, not out to change a mindLOL) it kind of puts me in mind of DSTYGE which. was also somewhat experimental with sounds but for me had the influence of the soul of Got To Give It Up by Marvin Gaye, his fellow "Motowner" of many years, but although I saw it that way, DSTYGE was ALL MJto me primarily because of his (what I call) "al Fresca" (fresh) essence which to me describes Michael's energy in general, to me anyway, his 'al Fresca' or 'Fresco' if preferred since he's male, energy to me is sort of like an ever-living, "organic" daringness with musical sound but arguably he'd also not shown us his 'bottom' up to that point which is what made 2000W so daring when he finally did share it with us.

It's like a new kind of sound. I like this music. I like the MJ's voice, I mean the effect that has in his voice. It's like a remix, and I like ramixes! Maybe who doesn't like 2000 watts is because don't like this kind of sound (remix) and because it isn't sound like the real MJ.

The only thing I don't like much is the noises. Has so much noise, one cutting other and it makes you go crazy wondering ''OMG what is this''? Ok, but it's funny enjoy in this crazy
I hear you and agree with that too. In fact it reminds me of a stimulating "white noise". I think that's another reason I love it, I love "white noise" .

definitely!! :) this was my favorite song when I was 9 years old. It's still one of my faves. I LOVED when he said "3D-D-B-B." I would always get excited when the part was coming up :lol: I like all the sounds that were used, pretty tight production on that track. The vocals :wub: the beats, everything made me wanna dance. The Invincible album is my baby, love it so much.

*runs to go play song* haha
"3D, high speed, feedback, Dolby" :dance::party::bounce:

Humans are creatures of habit, so I can see how all the different sounds could have struck some people as being too much, odd, or "not really mj's style."
My sentiments exactly on what's to love about it and you're probably right on why dislikers of it dislike it. To me it makes me a little sad for MJ that his fans wern't unanimously open to him expressing from his bottom range, but I'd like to think it was more the song itself than him singing at the low end of his amazing voice nor fans out of their own conditioning wanting to keep him in a 'box'.

Last edited:
To me it makes me a little sad for MJ that his fans wern't unanimously open to him expressing from his bottom range, but I'd like to think it was more the song itself than him singing at the low end of his amazing voice nor fans out of their own conditioning wanting to keep him in a 'box'.

SoS, you can be soooo talkative when you want LOLOL. :lol: I'm afraid though i ain't got 2 much of a contribution to make to your thread since i freakin' love the song. :p I'm sorry, i know you meant the lower register of Michael's voice with that bottom range expression, but i couldn't help but get other images in me head....:trytobeangel That deep voice........mhhhh, it's very, very sexay and i love all the experimentation with the sound.

What's there not to like about the song? I mean really - people wanting to be there for Michael, overload of words, 3D effects all ova the place?

Btw of 3D, i see graffitti with 3D written on walls all over the city lololol

SoS and queen, you know me, i'm all about the illustrations, so i couldn't be out of here without a vid, right? :D

And yes, i did hear a BSB/NSync vibe to the song ever since i first heard it - the about to take you to the next level, are you ready part.

Please and thank you in advance for your comments ;)

P.S. favorite next to. Butterflies that is. .. but then Butterflies wouldn't be classified a jam so. . .

please tell me why you don't like the 3D jam

NOTHING! I Personally looove it! It is such a catchy, fun tune! I love his deep vocals too! Just love it. Maybe my favorite jam besides, Invincible and Threathened.

SoS, you can be soooo talkative when you want LOLOL. :lol: I'm afraid though i ain't got 2 much of a contribution to make to your thread since i freakin' love the song. :p
Hi Shabya! :D.

This song has been begging to stay on repeat lately and it dawned on me how much "not-love" I'd seen for (along with much love too and your love of this great song is more than welcome by me btw) so I just couldn't help but ask the thumbs-downers to help me understand. Maybe stimulate some thought both ways and also hopefully get beyond just random, won-ton, closed in the box, criticism just because its 'different'. I appreciate ALL the specific comments pro and con.

I'm sorry, i know you meant the lower register of Michael's voice with that bottom range expression,
well actually I should have said the bottom (lower) regions OF his range vs. the top regions as in Butterflies. I was thinking in reference to his seemingly double message in his saying, "How low you go" as if to show us how "low" he can go, yes into his lower register.

but i couldn't help but get other images in me head....:trytobeangel
:giggle: I guess with a song this hot that imagery of innuendo was hard er difficult to resist *smacks typing fingers of each hand before folks get distracted by this contuation of Michael's double entendre and we get off topic for good* LOL

That deep voice........mhhhh, it's very, very sexay and i love all the experimentation with the sound.
I knowwww, how can anyone not hear him all in that. Some think its not his voice at all (I'd LOVE to hear from some of you) as if his range only goes up and not down.

What's there not to like about the song? I mean really - people wanting to be there for Michael, overload of words, 3D effects all ova the place?

Btw of 3D, i see graffitti with 3D written on walls all over the city lololol

SoS and queen, you know me, i'm all about the illustrations, so i couldn't be out of here without a vid, right? :D

And yes, i did hear a BSB/NSync vibe to the song ever since i first heard it - the about to take you to the next level, are you ready part.
Thanks for this...its great.

NOTHING! I Personally looove it! It is such a catchy, fun tune! I love his deep vocals too! Just love it. Maybe my favorite jam besides, Invincible and Threathened.
Woohoo more love :dance: Love the love!

C'mon haters/dislikers of 2kW, don't be intimidated by us lovers of it. At least you can be sure we'll love you anyway. :D Hay you know the saying ...

'its ALL for L.O.V.E.'

Last edited:
I really like this song as well. I think to say this song is on par with an Nsync song is simplifying MJ's song too much. His song is compositionally more complex than anything Nsync has done (even though some of the background noises sounds like this one song of Nsync. But just the sounds. not the song itself)

Anyway, when I first heard Inv. i immediately liked this song and it is still one of my favorites. I think what some may not like about this song and the album in general is overproduction. Rodney tends to do this. This dates the music and tends to make it stale and in a "take it or leave it" category. Many of MJ's other classics were deceptively simple and so appealed to so many.

I personally love this song! Im a dancer and trust me this song is off the hook! totally a club banger and for some reason this song feels like it has that lil jon remix feel to it and lil jon wasn't even that big in 2001.. (when the ad libs part comes on in the background u can hear the WHAT! part its so LIL jon-ish)

I guess judge me however anyone wants, but 2000 Watts was my absolute favorite from that album. So very different from the Michael I tended to expect. I never listened to NSync so I didn't recognize any correlation. I just know I loved 2000 Watts from the time I first heard it. There was a definite sexual undertone I felt, whether Michael intended it to be so or not, I don't know.

Different strokes for different folks-

Last edited:
Hi Shabya! :D.

well actually I should have said the bottom (lower) regions OF his range vs. the top regions as in Butterflies. I was thinking in reference to his seemingly double message in his saying, "How low you go" as if to show us how "low" he can go, yes into his lower register.

Hellou my friend :D Yes, of course you meant the lower register of his voice, what else? :trytobeangel (i think i'm beginnin' 2 get addicted to this particular smiley lol)

:giggle: I guess with a song this hot that imagery of innuendo was hard er difficult to resist *smacks typing fingers of each hand before folks get distracted by this contuation of Michael's double entendre and we get off topic for good* LOL

Hard to whaaa? :ph34r: Resist what exactly? :innocent: :rolleyes2:

I knowwww, how can anyone not hear him all in that. Some think its not his voice at all (I'd LOVE to hear from some of you) as if his range only goes up and not down.

Thanks for this...its great.

I often wonder myself that. How come people can't hear him? Things that make you go mhhhhhh...

And that is the beauty of his voice - the huge versatility. He can express anything from anger, to sweetness, to vulnerability, to sensuality and whatever else in between reaching awesome highs and goin' to the deepest of lows.

Woohoo more love :dance: Love the love!

C'mon haters/dislikers of 2kW, don't be intimidated by us lovers of it. At least you can be sure we'll love you anyway. :D Hay you know the saying ...

'its ALL for L.O.V.E.'

It sure is. It always is - all for love.

You're welcome for the vid btw. I actually found another one - very, very cool and very yummy as well.

How do ya likes it? :cheeky:

Thing about this one, is you have to blast it really loud out of mega speakers, and then dance to it. You can't just sit in a chair and listen to it quietly, cause then it won't sound so great.

I would like it more if I didn't get the distinct impression that MJ actually had very little to do with the creation of the song.

Wasn't it written for Tyrese or someone like that and MJ heard it and expressed interest, and just layed down his vocals???

That probably would explain why a lot of fans have a hard time accepting it as a "true MJ" song.

The man who single handedly wrote Billie Jean and Who Is It doesn't need people writing songs for him.

I would like it more if I didn't get the distinct impression that MJ actually had very little to do with the creation of the song.

Wasn't it written for Tyrese or someone like that and MJ heard it and expressed interest, and just layed down his vocals???

That probably would explain why a lot of fans have a hard time accepting it as a "true MJ" song.

The man who single handedly wrote Billie Jean and Who Is It doesn't need people writing songs for him.

Yes, but he (or sony) ask for them which is annoying.

Its not that I hate it I don't, but Invincible is a great album and I just like every song on the album more, I still JAM to it though :)

Back