What was up with MJ on 9/7/01 at MSG?

Michael did the whole 30 Anniversary Show because Sony wouldnt promote Invincible or YRMW (even though Sony wanted YRMW as single and MJ wanted Unbreakable). This is also why MJ did the autograph signing in NY.

well TBH he doesn't seem "in it" as the other Billie jean performances but I thought it was fine overall. The one that really stuck to my head was the YRMW from the first night... It really was obvious that something was wrong there.

Hello,

You are correct, in my eyes. Michael and his Brothers Loved to Perform in NY and Philadelphia. They would do anything to make it a great show for the audience. Michael was standing close to the edge and the fans were close to him as well. Michael would had been snatched off the stage and kissed by thousands of people. They admired Michael very much and Michael would go beyond his duty as an artist when he was in town. I remember my friends were so happy for his consideration and love to continue on. I was laying in the hospital bed with a cast on being guarded cause we were caught sneaking out. I missed the concert of a lifetime.

The gentleman in the video you had place is not the one in this video....

http://www.vidoemo.com/yvideo.php?i...illie-jean-live-in-madison-square-garden-2001

Michael is a beautiful and talent individual.

in the sept. 10 version, he looks like he did the smooth criminal lean, and should've fallen to the ground, but, didn't. that's what blew me away about that one.

if someone is looking for michaelangelo to paint the systene (sp) chapel the same way, twice, i guess you'll be dissapointed. but if he paints two different chapels, then you won't be. they are two different classics, cus Michaelangelo painted them.

usually, life is like that. two beautiful days, with blue skies, but on one day, the little white puffy clouds are in a different position, than, in the previous beautiful day. that's what great art is all about.

Last edited:
It looked like he had taken some medication but imo he did very well..

I think Michael looked beautiful...I miss him so much..:cry:....He makes me smile just watching him dance. Bless you Michael

As much as I love MSG performances, I always had this feeling that Michael seemed a little "off" while performing...I found that none of his performances were out of this world like we're used to seeing. But, hey, he's only human.

Many artists would do anything if they had "average" performances like that.. :lol:

I think I remember reading somewhere that he had a fever or something for one of the MSG shows. Maybe he did his night.

wow ive never seen that video..i mean that view from his back...
he rocks!!

Wow, never seen it from behind and that gave me chills. I think this was the concert, where Michael didn't really rehearse.

I love MSG.
We are so customed that everything he does is perfect. Seeing him perform...he is perfect. Even if he was on something ( maybe a little sip of votka..:) ) he surely made a damn good show. I can only feel sorry if he was not feeling well but still went on a stage, who knows how many times he had to do that.
Still....hes weekest performance ( if I can say so ) is 10000000000 times better than any others. Amen.

itwas reported at the time and after the shows that he had been advised to cancel as he wasnt well. there was the whole lip issue that lasted through most of 2001 and u can clearly see the effects on mj when u see the clip of him on the red carpet with liz taylor

I didn't see anything weird either-- and about what happened after Billie Jean is that MJ didn't rehearse for the show, so he let the audience choose songs after Billie Jean.

I've never seen him perform from this angle before - he's got the cutest butt ever........sorry, what was your question?

Back