What was up with MJ on 9/7/01 at MSG?

DeeEmAych

Proud Member
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vue0JaxKdAI&feature=related

im watching this video from the audience of the first night at the 2001 MSG concerts and he seemed a little off to me.. some of the comments said he was on painkillers the first night but id never heard that.. his monnwalk wasn't very good (sorry to say) and he acted weird after Billie Jean was over.. is it jus me or did anyone else notice this?

can someone elaborate please?

-Dal

*watching* Wow he has a fine body there.

I just watched it and i think he did great to be honest.
I heard he had back pains and stuff at the time and was on medication, but he still put on a great show. As for the moonwalk, he does it better there than in this is it *giggles*
ahh I love MJ! I can't fault any of his performances.. some are better than others.

im watching this video from the audience of the first night at the 2001 MSG concerts and he seemed a little off to me.. some of the comments said he was on painkillers the first night but id never heard that.. his monnwalk wasn't very good (sorry to say) and he acted weird after Billie Jean was over.. is it jus me or did anyone else notice this?

-Dal

i really really really don't know what you are talking about. the big smile never left my face, watching that. and that's a TEN minute video, but it went fast.

i just think media makes people see things that are not there.

i really enjoyed that performance and he was high on nothing, but life, itself, just like he said.

Whether he was on painkillers or not I dont know but remember it was only 2 years earlier that Michael took that fall from the stage during ES.

Only watched 3 minutes so far...but he's moving a lot better than I remembered. But I think for a couple years around 2001 he didn't look himself. He looked like he wasn't quite there. That's why I've always liked his 2003+ years so much more than 2001-2003. This is just what I see, could be wrong.

I don't notice anything except that Michael liked to have everything perfect for his shows and this wasn't the well oiled machine that he likes to perform with. I think he was a little uncomfortable with that. That's why he worked SO hard to prepare for his shows. The director in this case, did not do a very good job, imo (compare to any of the shows KO stage directed). Think of the Royal Brunei concert which was a one night thing but much better rehearsed and organized. SO, given that Michael HATED it when things didn't go smoothly, i think all you are seeing is him being a little uncomfortable with that.

For me it is fact that if Michael was under the effect of something, surely he could not go onstage and do everything he did. He climbed on stage and it was perfect. To me, he was not under the effect of anything.

yea this was def one of his most disorganized shows i can think of.. thanks to david gest..

-Dal

-Dal

If we truly "think" about it performing, being on tour, being under a microscope does take allot out of "ANY" Human Being from time to time...

I know by my own personal experience (s) being a manager of a "very popular" pub, night club for years...sometimes it was difficult to be "ON" 24/7...

Make Sense..?

As Always

:angel:

I don't notice anything except that Michael liked to have everything perfect for his shows and this wasn't the well oiled machine that he likes to perform with. I think he was a little uncomfortable with that. That's why he worked SO hard to prepare for his shows. The director in this case, did not do a very good job, imo (compare to any of the shows KO stage directed). Think of the Royal Brunei concert which was a one night thing but much better rehearsed and organized. SO, given that Michael HATED it when things didn't go smoothly, i think all you are seeing is him being a little uncomfortable with that.

personally, my suspicions go along with your thinking on this, in general. the bigger he got, with the passing of years, to me, the more those around him, disrespected him. it just seems they all got it backwards. it's almost as if, people listened to the media, and, those around him, were like a jury non sequestered. the BAD era..everybody, who were lucky enough to work with him, is in awe, and makes sure they do him proud. but 2001, on...things seemed to change. you'd think that that thinking should be considered backwards. but Michael, himself, would always shine.

Sorry I don't see nothing wrong with MJ at MSG in 2001..He looked GREAT performing Billie Jean and that moonwalk was straight up KILLER!!

The problem wasn't MJ it was the way he wanted the people to play the music u can see him point to them so many times during the show! Who ever was the musical director or whatever you call that really sucked! I felt bad for him cause he looked so annoyed they even missed his cue on TWYMMF when he first pointed for the growl they missed it until he did it again! BOO! But, MJ himself did a awesome job very professional he kicked ass, I still love the show because of him and i can't tell u how many times i watched the 30th... lost count! :p

For me it is fact that if Michael was under the effect of something, surely he could not go onstage and do everything he did. He climbed on stage and it was perfect. To me, he was not under the effect of anything.
During the This Is It rehearsals he was also 'under the effect of something' , and did a fabulous job.....

Michael rocked MSG! I know some people are not fans of the Vince era but I think he looked hot hot hot. Michael unwell could give a better performance than any other artist at the top of their game!

Michael unwell could give a better performance than any other artist at the top of their game!
Very true. I once said to a friend I don't care if Michael decided to sit on stage burping the alphabet during a concert.....I would still be mesmerized!! :wild:

Very true. I once said to a friend I don't care if Michael decided to sit on stage burping the alphabet during a concert.....I would still be mesmerized!! :wild:

Lol that would be epic. I remember telling friends when I was eight that I would happily pay to see Michael just sitting on a stool for two hours!

Lol that would be epic. I remember telling friends when I was eight that I would happily pay to see Michael just sitting on a stool for two hours!
Imagine that. :lol:

Michael%20Jackson%20Scream%209.jpg

please dont attack the person who made this thread. its ok to ask for questions like this when it's for the l.o.v.e....

Something was going on. He could not even show that smile of his that fell in love with (later, he could smile. I thought he got botox around his upper lip that went bad and stift). As for his performance, he did good and his body looked great weight wise. But I knew from the looks of MJ, something was not right.

Back