What was the point of releasing songs that weren't 100% Michael?

Have we got dates for each of the songs on the album? if any1 has this info can they pm me please, im trying to figure summat out here... thanks in advance

I still believe ALL 10 tracks to be MJ.

10 great songs.

I use my ears to judge the music, not what someone else has to say about it. I would think all fans would want to do the same.

I think they really believe these songs are real, otherwise I don't think they'd have taken things this far.

I'm leaning more towards thinking the Cascio songs are legit, but I'm holding my judgement until I see what they have to say on Oprah.

After hearing the Monster sample I made up my mind. I am not going to buy it. I'm going to wait until someone uploads a lossless rip of the album and download it, since legal download site do not offer lossless format. So far we have BN which Michael only in background, KYHU which is about 60% Michael in demo mode.. and now Monster seems like 0% Michael. It really does not matter if you think it's Michael or not, you only need to trust your years and feelings. These 3 songs does not feel like Michael to me! If I'll try to convince my self that it is him' it's only gonna make me think less of him as a performer.. Downloading the album illegally will be my sweet revenge against $ony...

And against his children and charities as well? How noble of you...

Pretty sad that his own fans won't support him, even when they have zero proof that the tracks are not real.

I am speaking from personal experience. If it were MY vocals that were being passed off as Michael Jackson, I wouldn't stand for it. I'd want some credit for the singing - that's why this whole "it isn't 100% Michael Jackson" doesn't make sense to me either. The artist that did this - either they got a real cushy deal to keep quiet, or they must be pretty aggravated that they aren't getting proper credit for the singing.

Porte is credited for his work on the tracks, as a background vocalist. Why do people continue to ignore this fact?

Pretty sad that his own fans won't support him, even when they have zero proof that the tracks are not real.

Some fans don't feel its him on the vocals and thus don't feel they're not supporting him. That's a difference of opinion.

There may be "zero proof" of him not singing, but they could give me any track and I'd be hard pressed to prove its not him.

Some fans don't feel its him on the vocals and thus don't feel they're not supporting him. That's a difference of opinion.

There may be "zero proof" of him not singing, but they could give me any track and I'd be hard pressed to prove its not him.

That still doesn't excuse downloading a lossless quality of the album on mp3 and not buying the tracks that the person feels are legitimate. That's taking money directly from the Estate (Michael's children).

I agree, I'm not advocating illegal downloading, just the viewpoint that the tracks may not be his.

simplified mathematical explanation:

let's assume that they have 30 perfectly completed songs

so

they can only use those 30 songs and release 3 albums

or

they can put 6 perfectly completed songs per album and add 4+ rough demos they post produced and release 5 albums.

I think they are going with the later alternative .

Not necessary. For example instead of 6 albums, they can make 5.

So that means 6 new songs per album. They can fill up the album with another 1-2 demos that can be included as featuring/collaborating/duet. That would make 7-8 tracks. + they can add 1-2 remixes, 1 to an piece already on the album, another one to one out of the Ultimate Collection or Invincible, almost unknown to the public.

So that would make 9-10 pieces per album without trying to stretch some demos into perfectly ended up tracks.

Simple, clean, clear target. Keep the covers simple, the titles simple - As in Song & demos collection 1, 2, 3 etc

He doesn't sound like Michael Jackson and more like this Jason Malachi bloke, the lyrics are lame and not of Michael's caliber, he references to himself in BN which he has never done before, too much of his previous work is sampled in some way on the Casico tracks, and all the other non-Cascio tracks are considered to be 100% MJ by the same doubters. I think that could all be considered as proof.

But on the other hand, I can't see any proof for it actually being MJ.

I don't think people should pirate the album, but buy the individual tracks that are MJ so we're still supporting him. This anti-Sony thing is a bit ridiculous.

Last edited:
Butterflies is not 100% Michael..

at 3:47 after MJ say "be with you girl" Floetry comes in and sings that crazy awesome vocals.. the high pits "butterflies" with the vocal arrangement after.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wthgd_Rg1qg

Here is them singing it live! It sounds a bit different of course buts its them. go to 3:21
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jzgWPtY9xb4

Here is a demo version that MJ heard by floetry:that section i'm talking about starts 3:28
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=85AdupCdBsQ

After hearing the Monster sample I made up my mind. I am not going to buy it. I'm going to wait until someone uploads a lossless rip of the album and download it, since legal download site do not offer lossless format. So far we have BN which Michael only in background, KYHU which is about 60% Michael in demo mode.. and now Monster seems like 0% Michael. It really does not matter if you think it's Michael or not, you only need to trust your years and feelings. These 3 songs does not feel like Michael to me! If I'll try to convince my self that it is him' it's only gonna make me think less of him as a performer.. Downloading the album illegally will be my sweet revenge against $ony...

That isn't any kind of revenge against Sony. You just want the album and don't want to pay for it. Otherwise, if you were really so concerned with MJ and Sony's mishandling of the songs, you would not want to have them at all. If you really were so appalled at them being fake.

If you wanted to hear new MJ, you would buy the ones you are convinced are him and leave the others alone. You can do what you want, but don't try and make it seem as if you are so noble minded in your actions when what you really are is nothing but a simple thief.

I'd like to really go in at you. But I don't want to be banned. Oh well, just try and imagine what I am thinking.:ph34r:

Butterflies is not 100% Michael..

at 3:47 after MJ say "be with you girl" Floetry comes in and sings that crazy awesome vocals.. the high pits "butterflies" with the vocal arrangement after.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wthgd_Rg1qg

Here is them singing it live! It sounds a bit different of course buts its them. go to 3:21
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jzgWPtY9xb4

Here is a demo version that MJ heard by floetry:that section i'm talking about starts 3:28
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=85AdupCdBsQ

I think you're taking the 100% thing a little too literally. We know that many of MJ's songs featured backing vocalists ranging from Floetry, Sideah Garret, various choirs, etc.

Just a reminder that we will not advocate any form of illegal downloading here and when the album is released any instances of it being shared in any section, and that includes 2000 Watts, will be removed. We cant stop people downloading from elsewhere but we simply cannot and will not condone it. No matter what it is its still technically theft at the end of the day.

Your question here: "what's the point of releasing songs that weren't 100% Michael?" may as well say "what's the point of releasing any song that Michael Jackson has ever released". None, and I mean NONE of the songs ever released by Michael Jackson are 100% Michael. Maybe 99.9% but not 100%.

Your question here: "what's the point of releasing songs that weren't 100% Michael?" may as well say "what's the point of releasing any song that Michael Jackson has ever released". None, and I mean NONE of the songs ever released by Michael Jackson are 100% Michael. Maybe 99.9% but not 100%.

you know exactly what the original poster means. Stop being so pedantic, it's just gonna further annoy people.

That isn't any kind of revenge against Sony. You just want the album and don't want to pay for it. Otherwise, if you were really so concerned with MJ and Sony's mishandling of the songs, you would not want to have them at all. If you really were so appalled at them being fake.

If you wanted to hear new MJ, you would buy the ones you are convinced are him and leave the others alone. You can do what you want, but don't try and make it seem as if you are so noble minded in your actions when what you really are is nothing but a simple thief.

I'd like to really go in at you. But I don't want to be banned. Oh well, just try and imagine what I am thinking.:ph34r:

Let me explain again: Yes i do want to buy the songs that are real, so in a way I know that Michael's kids will somehow benefit off the profits that goes to the estate, BUT online music stores that offer downloads, do not have lossless formats such as wav or flac. I am not paying for lossy mp3 crap. I do not want to show my support for Sony by buying their products, so this is the only rational solution. Not buying the album, but getting the songs that I want to have as a fan. Michael is sadly no longer here. This is a whole new dark era. Old rules no longer apply... You may call me a thief, but since i"ll be stealing from a company that is ripping us the fans, and tarnishing Michael's name, so in that case I'm proud to called a thief. You know what? maybe I will buy this album and upload it to the internet myself' and giving it away for free to anyone who wants to hear Michael's musing' once I make sure to remove the fake track in the sake of Michael name and legacy. This way I will not be a thief, but rather play Robbin-hood, just to kick $onys' A$$

L.O.V.E

I don't need a proof. As I said, I only trust my own ears. You know what? Lets assume that it is Michael singing. In that case, those songs are far from being finished. They sound horrible far far from his perfectionism-drive standards. Do this he would have wanted this even released? No way!! So thing of it this way, by screwing $ony, you're supporting Michael legacy...

for your information, I bought the 4 different colors versions of Invincible back then and recently I also bought the vinyl, although I thing that this is the worst Mj album ever.. I payed over a 500$ for the first Japanese printing of the Bad LP back in 1987 when I was only 16, spending all my savings.. So please do not accuse of not supporting Michael.. Michael is no longer here. there is nothing to support but his reputation and legacy..

Remember what Michael thought of $ony in the recent years...

I don't need a proof. As I said, I only trust my own ears. You know what? Lets assume that it is Michael singing. In that case, those songs are far from being finished. They sound horrible far far from his perfectionism-drive standards. Do this he would have wanted this even released? No way!! So thing of it this way, by screwing $ony, you're supporting Michael legacy...

for your information, I bought the 4 different colors versions of Invincible back then and recently I also bought the vinyl, although I thing that this is the worst Mj album ever.. I payed over a 500$ for the first Japanese printing of the Bad LP back in 1987 when I was only 16, spending all my savings.. So please do not accuse of not supporting Michael.. Michael is no longer here. there is nothing to support but his reputation and legacy..

Remember what Michael thought of $ony in the recent years...

If you payed that 500$ to a RECORD STORE for that Bad First Printing, then yes you supported MJ. If you bought it from someone else, you didn't.

What's the point of telling us what you bought and how much you spend? I could join in and will come very (if not even) close to you as a matter of fact. And there are a lot of fans who ALSO will share your 'collection'.

But to be honest, that isn't the point in here.

The point is that fans keep backstabbing eachother. Over what?!
The song is either fake or real, but that comes down to a few things.

What is fake and what is real? Opinions vary a lot in that case as well. I personally don't find a song fake if background vocals aren't 100% (or even 100%) fake. Others do.

And if you want to buy the album. Just do so. If not, don't.
I don't give a rats *ss. But I do care about how people are TREATING eachother. I'm getting so sick of this! Honestly.

I've been in the fan world for nearly all my life. So I know exactly how this all goes and why this discussion is up. And why it doesn't stop either. This kind of stuff (nagging about release dates being changed, promotion being minimal, saying "Cry is a very bad song written by a 'child-abuser'", BURN ALL TABLOIDS) I've heard it all.

But this time, it's really getting to me...........

Back