What was the point of releasing songs that weren't 100% Michael?

ForeverKOP

Proud Member
I hope someone can clear this up for me -

If so many people are dissatisfied with the way the album is being managed, why isn't anything being done to fix it? Do the people in charge really think that nobody is watching?? Does nobody care enough to take responsibility and CLEAN UP this mess?? How can the people who put it together just sit back and relax when everyone's been fed up, confused, angry, and disappointed with the way things have gone?

I say this because it's been kinda quiet here the last few days, nothing's been clarified, there's just been more leaks released to add fuel to the fire. It seems like nothing is being done to clean up the damage, more or less, why was the the damage inflicted upon us in the first place? It's Michael's 1st posthumous album, they can make it so successful if they just do it RIGHT...

Do you think whoever provoked us did this on purpose? I don't get it. What was the point of releasing fake tracks? If anything they lost credibility. WHAT DO THEY HAVE TO GAIN FROM THIS? How did they ever think that the album would be a success if Michael wasn't really on it? What is the logic behind all of this?? Are the fans the only ones who are noticing it? How can the executives just chill and watch this train wreck happen?? Why aren't they doing anything? Like replacing controversial songs with better ones? WHY is this album still being released? SO MANY QUESTIONS! I have TONNNS more but I don't wanna flood this place with them...

I just can't believe this would be possible, you know. A multi-billion dollar company like Sony, releasing FAKE tracks by a deceased artist...how? Why? What has the world come to when something so apparent like this is being ignored, and shoved down our throats? How can we be cheated...publicly...? Why is FRAUD being accepted and marketed? Is NOBODY watching???

Know what I wanna do?
...I wanna shout..throw my hands up and shout! What's this madness all about?! All this makes me wanna shout! Comon' now!

We've all been wondering this since we heard Breaking News. It's been quiet on here because no one has the answers- all we have are the guesses and ideas that we've already debated into the ground.

It's been really frusterating and I completely understand how you're feeling. Just remember that you're not alone in that :flowers: .

For now, we sort of just have to be patient and wait for the truth to come out. There are people working behind the scenes for accountability and we can support them.

Just a reminder to everyone though (not accusing anyone, just reminding :)! ).. let's not turn our frusterations onto eachother. We need other fans more than ever right now.

I hope someone can clear this up for me -

If so many people are dissatisfied with the way the album is being managed, why isn't anything being done to fix it? Do the people in charge really think that nobody is watching?? Does nobody care enough to take responsibility and CLEAN UP this mess?? How can the people who put it together just sit back and relax when everyone's been fed up, confused, angry, and disappointed with the way things have gone?

I say this because it's been kinda quiet here the last few days, nothing's been clarified, there's just been more leaks released to add fuel to the fire. It seems like nothing is being done to clean up the damage, more or less, why was the the damage inflicted upon us in the first place? It's Michael's 1st posthumous album, they can make it so successful if they just do it RIGHT...

Do you think whoever provoked us did this on purpose? I don't get it. What was the point of releasing fake tracks? If anything they lost credibility. WHAT DO THEY HAVE TO GAIN FROM THIS? How did they ever think that the album would be a success if Michael wasn't really on it? What is the logic behind all of this?? Are the fans the only ones who are noticing it? How can the executives just chill and watch this train wreck happen?? Why aren't they doing anything? Like replacing controversial songs with better ones? WHY is this album still being released? SO MANY QUESTIONS! I have TONNNS more but I don't wanna flood this place with them...

I just can't believe this would be possible, you know. A multi-billion dollar company like Sony, releasing FAKE tracks by a deceased artist...how? Why? What has the world come to when something so apparent like this is being ignored, and shoved down our throats? How can we be cheated...publicly...? Why is FRAUD being accepted and marketed? Is NOBODY watching???

Know what I wanna do?
...I wanna shout..throw my hands up and shout! What's this madness all about?! All this makes me wanna shout! Comon' now!

I feel the same. I cannot believe that SONY is going to go forward with this album and release it with these fake songs on it. On amazon the tracklist is still the same. I still hope that when the album is actually released that these fake songs will have been replaced with actual Michael Jackson songs sung by Michael Jackson, because such an album will be the only album that I will ever buy - an authentic Michael Jackson album.

I feel the same. I cannot believe that SONY is going to go forward with this album and release it with these fake songs on it. On amazon the tracklist is still the same. I still hope that when the album is actually released that these fake songs will have been replaced with actual Michael Jackson songs sung by Michael Jackson, because such an album will be the only album that I will ever buy - an authentic Michael Jackson album.

All the songs on the album are sung by MJ.

It's your opinion that they are fake.

And it's your opinion that all of the songs are sung by MJ.

until the ACTUAL cd is released, which it has NOT!... we will simply not know. as soon as it does, and if it contains fake voclas, or whatever u want to call them, all hell will break loose, u can't hide whoever it is sining on those 3 songs we have heard.

but again we have only heard it on line, there is NO CD YET! anything can happen until then.

What makes you think that sony spent $250M! on materials they are not sure are michael's?

I think sony wants to see if these fake tracks will sell or not, If they do (God forbid), then expect the same to happen with every coming album.

Then again that's just my opinion.

To let fans hear some of Michaels final work maybe?

I say its the perfect oppertunity for them to get more money out of him but we know a few others from him :)

What makes you think that sony spent $250M! on materials they are not sure are michael's?

lol! Sony haven't spent anything even remotely close to $250M, in all likelehood Sony will have spent way less than $10M upfront - it's a contract with staged options in which there will be plenty of 'outs' on both sides.

The $250M number is just the usual record biz PR spin which focusses on the total of all staged advances over the lifetime of the contract assuming that all options are taken up.

And besides which it's for ten projects not all of which will be music releases.
TII counts for one, Visions is another, etc

I think they really believe these songs are real, otherwise I don't think they'd have taken things this far.

I'm leaning more towards thinking the Cascio songs are legit, but I'm holding my judgement until I see what they have to say on Oprah.

I think they really believe these songs are real, otherwise I don't think they'd have taken things this far.

^^ they may well do, but just consider that when all you've got in your toolbox is a hammer, everything looks like a nail :)

The fact is that nobody obliges us to buy or not buy something Michael related! If you don't like it don't buy it. If you doubt it buy the songs that suit you. If you want to buy it, do so! End of the story!
There are numerous unnecessary threads about the controversy and frankly I'm so tired of this!

After hearing the Monster sample I made up my mind. I am not going to buy it. I'm going to wait until someone uploads a lossless rip of the album and download it, since legal download site do not offer lossless format. So far we have BN which Michael only in background, KYHU which is about 60% Michael in demo mode.. and now Monster seems like 0% Michael. It really does not matter if you think it's Michael or not, you only need to trust your years and feelings. These 3 songs does not feel like Michael to me! If I'll try to convince my self that it is him' it's only gonna make me think less of him as a performer.. Downloading the album illegally will be my sweet revenge against $ony...

I agree. While I have issues with the Cascio tracks at present, I'm trying to reserve judgement and see this from both sides. I think Sony wanted to find out if things were on the up and up and had the songs tested just as a precaution. They are a big and pretty well-to-do company and anything possibly wrong would (and kind of did judging by the controversy), put their credibility and reputation in jeopardy. But on the flip side, if they were told something that is later found out not to be the truth when it was too late, then to me, it is very possible for them to have been innocent in all this mess.

Last edited:
Regardless of how much Michael is or is not featured on the three Cascio tracks, it should be clear to everyone that those tracks were in the earliest conceptual stages when Michael left them. When Sony and the producers are forced to pile on loads of samples from past MJ songs along with layers of subsequent production and other accompanying vocals to try and complete them, it's quite obvious that the songs are incomplete.

Sony and the estate have countless of unreleased tracks that were completed by Michael for past albums and that are at a considerably polished state without needing Sony's intervention or post production. Why Sony decided to use three tracks that were such rough cuts to begin with is beyond me.

Guys , we have to wait untill the album is released . How can we judge songs and Michael's voice on the album if we haven't heard it yet. We don't know who leaked the songs , whether these leaked parts are really from the album or somebody 's playing games with us. What if it's all for promotoin ( negative talks is a promotion too ) and what if when we hear the album there will be real , true Michael on it?

The situation with the album is as usual for Michael - we believe media and judge without trying to know.

The album is not released yet but we have given a verdict to it " Fake " . It hurts.

Regardless of how much Michael is or is not featured on the three Cascio tracks, it should be clear to everyone that those tracks were in the earliest conceptual stages when Michael left them. When Sony and the producers are forced to pile on loads of samples from past MJ songs along with layers of subsequent production and other accompanying vocals to try and complete them, it's quite obvious that the songs are incomplete.

Sony and the estate have countless of unreleased tracks that were completed by Michael for past albums and that are at a considerably polished state without needing Sony's intervention or post production. Why Sony decided to use three tracks that were such rough cuts to begin with is beyond me.

in my opinion probably they have more incomplete tracks then the completed tracks. and in order to release planned number of posthumous albums and use those incomplete tracks they are dividing the completed songs for the number of the albums and adding rough unfinished songs they produced to the albums.

simplified mathematical explanation:

let's assume that they have 30 perfectly completed songs

so

they can only use those 30 songs and release 3 albums

or

they can put 6 perfectly completed songs per album and add 4+ rough demos they post produced and release 5 albums.

I think they are going with the later alternative.

I'm leaning more towards thinking the Cascio songs are legit, but I'm holding my judgement until I see what they have to say on Oprah.

It is not what they say it's what we hear.

I am speaking from personal experience. If it were MY vocals that were being passed off as Michael Jackson, I wouldn't stand for it. I'd want some credit for the singing - that's why this whole "it isn't 100% Michael Jackson" doesn't make sense to me either. The artist that did this - either they got a real cushy deal to keep quiet, or they must be pretty aggravated that they aren't getting proper credit for the singing.

Guys , we have to wait untill the album is released . How can we judge songs and Michael's voice on the album if we haven't heard it yet. We don't know who leaked the songs , whether these leaked parts are really from the album or somebody 's playing games with us. What if it's all for promotoin ( negative talks is a promotion too ) and what if when we hear the album there will be real , true Michael on it?

The situation with the album is as usual for Michael - we believe media and judge without trying to know.

The album is not released yet but we have given a verdict to it " Fake " . It hurts.

:clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::timer:

Tell it like it is, TSCM..

Well I tell you what when the album comes out those of you who are saying it is fake go and complain to some government agency and ask them to investigate Sony for consumer fraud. If enough of you do it then they will. If you don't do that you are in no position to complain just like the Jacksons complain but do nothing

I am speaking from personal experience. If it were MY vocals that were being passed off as Michael Jackson, I wouldn't stand for it. I'd want some credit for the singing - that's why this whole "it isn't 100% Michael Jackson" doesn't make sense to me either. The artist that did this - either they got a real cushy deal to keep quiet, or they must be pretty aggravated that they aren't getting proper credit for the singing.

moolah

in my opinion probably they have more incomplete tracks then the completed tracks. and in order to release planned number of posthumous albums and use those incomplete tracks they are dividing the completed songs for the number of the albums and adding rough unfinished songs they produced to the albums.

simplified mathematical explanation:

let's assume that they have 30 perfectly completed songs

so

they can only use those 30 songs and release 3 albums

or

they can put 6 perfectly completed songs per album and add 4+ rough demos they post produced and release 5 albums.

I think they are going with the later alternative.

a more logical explanation is that markers are being called and favors being granted to 'friends and family' Money and power politics speak far louder than the artistic merits of any one track or t'other - don't believe me? look at how teddy riley described John McL's push to get 'his horse's' tracks on this album.

And if you think for one minute that guys like Frank have no runners in the race and are simply onlookers to this horse trading (for that is exactly what it is), then perhaps I could interest you in the purchase of a 'low mileage, one-lady-owner-who-only-used-it-to-go-to-church-on-Sunday' pig with wings ;)

Back