What songs did MJ not get to hear that he probably would have loved?

A lot of rap now crossed into trap/drill which isn’t too melodic so I don’t know if MJ would appreciate it though.
He might have. Michael was always interested in what was popular at the time and he might have dabbled a bit in rap/trap. But as you said, he might have had an appreciation for it or not. We may never know

Last edited:
I’m actually not sold that MJ would’ve loved Bruno or the Weeknd. I’m a big fan of both but MJ never seemed crazy about the acts who were close copies - Ne Yo, Timberlake etc

As others have said he was into hard hitting, early 2000’s rap by all accounts. As well as metal like nine inch nails etc.

A lot of rap now crossed into trap/drill which isn’t too melodic so I don’t know if MJ would appreciate it though.
MJ worked with Ne-Yo directly. He loved him.

Justin was just a (hard working and authentic) white artist capitalizing on black music. Along with the issue of Janet and Britney, who MJ respected both.

If anything I thought you'd say Tevin Campbell or something.

The Weeknd is a cool visual artist and writer, don't know if vocals are explicitly his appeal. Bruno is an incredible performer so he earns respect period.

I'm dead certain Kendrick would be his favorite rapper talent out there today. Though he might enjoy a lot of that modern rap stuff..maybe he's even like, Drake. Gag.

MJ worked with Ne-Yo directly. He loved him.

Justin was just a (hard working and authentic) white artist capitalizing on black music. Along with the issue of Janet and Britney, who MJ respected both.

If anything I thought you'd say Tevin Campbell or something.

The Weeknd is a cool visual artist and writer, don't know if vocals are explicitly his appeal. Bruno is an incredible performer so he earns respect period.

I'm dead certain Kendrick would be his favorite rapper talent out there today. Though he might enjoy a lot of that modern rap stuff..maybe he's even like, Drake. Gag.
Kendrick is a really good call.

Back