What parts in MJ’s music or videos give you goosebumps?

The first moonwalk from "Motown 25" is a moment forever enshrined in pop-culture history, and I still love it. But I also get a kick out of him dancing with the gangs in "Beat It", the longer version of "Smooth Criminal" from the Moonwalker film, and that red suit he wore for "Blood on the Dance Floor". Seriously, he looked striking in that.

I am in minority here, but the Remember The Time in-chair performance. I know...... I know... he is not dancing, he is not live singing, blah blah, but his shy smile, mixed with moment of passion when he "forgets" his leg and stands up :love::love::love::love::love:

Yes omg the pool table ..when he does that collection of cool moves like rapid fire. Daaaaayum he was cool 😎
that’s a highlight for me as well. those moves are reminiscent of what he would later do during the opening of ‘billie jean’ at motown 25. the behind the scenes outtakes where takes his jacket down a little, adds to the intensity.
it’s all those small glimpses we get of michael alone, before the big routine that keep me engaged. I like the way he strutted into the hallway and posed. it oozed confidence and his shapes were so clean and unique. it’s difficult to imitate.

I also like the part of the routine where he throws his arms up. it looks like his feet are glued to the floor.

moving away from ‘beat it’, I liked the moves that michael did around ola in ‘thriller’, when he sings ‘you hear the door slam (sound effect)’. it’s those little touches that are so memorable. not to mention funky, playful and unique. based on ola’s reaction, she may or may not have been prepared for that. I think they only ran through that scene twice..

Last edited:
Be not always - During “to have nothing, to dream something, then lose hoping” in combination with the strings. Such a vulnerable song. It’s his best protest song or humanitarian song by a landslide. Way more subtle and realistic and devastating than anything he had written before or after.
That's a bold statement to make, f&m. I need to think about this. :unsure:

Back