What parts in MJ’s music or videos give you goosebumps?

filmandmusic

Proud Member
I mean this literally, the real physical reaction of goosebumps on your arms. Does it ever happen when you misten to MJ?

- It happens to me during the first chorus of “scared of the moon” almost all the time because he sounds so haunting. The track is very very beautiful.

- It also happened often in the past to “will you be there” more exactly during Michaels’ ad libs over the choir. He sounds so passionate here. At one moment he goes “yeaaah” and that is when it happened most.

- Someone in the dark. During the start of the second verse with “promise me”. It also happens sometimes when the horns in the background come in during the second chorus.

- One day in your life surprisingly not with Michael’s vocals but during the instrumental break with the female vocals wailing in the background.

- Be not always - During “to have nothing, to dream something, then lose hoping” in combination with the strings. Such a vulnerable song. It’s his best protest song or humanitarian song by a landslide. Way more subtle and realistic and devastating than anything he had written before or after.

End the discussion 😎

But seriously, from the funny almost orgasmic strange sounds of the dancers to the build up and then explosive so Annie are you OK, are OK Annie into the iconic choreography. It makes me shake my head in disbelief and proud to be an MJ fan moment.
Hands down one of my favorite MJ moments.

[...] But seriously, from the funny almost orgasmic strange sounds of the dancers to the build up and then explosive so Annie are you OK, are OK Annie into the iconic choreography. It makes me shake my head in disbelief and proud to be an MJ fan moment.
I didn't even allow myself to think about the videos. I would have time-stamped the thread into oblivion, lol. :ROFLMAO:

Definitely Smooth Criminal, as noted above.
So many to mention!
Also, Royal Brunei performance of Earth Song ad libs. Just incredible.
Now that for me is a frustrating one… Sure the ad libs feel grand and epic and hit like a sledgehammer but the rest of the performance due to being mimed is just by the numbers for me.
But my thread is about moments and you picked a moment so it counts just as well!

Last edited:
Every part of this video:

It's one of the only amateur recordings that accurately captured being at a show for me. It just comes across more "real". Hard to explain
Love those types of amateur footage, you can really feel yourself there.

I love Gothenberg 88 too, I think it might be pro footage but feels very much like amateur.

Now that for me is a frustrating one… Sure the ad libs feel grand and epic and hit like a sledgehammer but the rest of the performance due to being mimed is just by the numbers for me.
But my thread is about moments and you picked a moment so it counts just as well!
Oh absolutely frustrating when you know what he's capable of.

But also for me - Who Is It acapella on Oprah, when he goes on stage with Diana Ross to sing a bit of Upside Down, when he gets on stage with James Brown to sing A Mans World...also when I listen to any of his multitracks...all those hidden adlibs, his vocals ..

Is It Scary - the whole song but especially 3m 21s / 22s, that ad lib! 😲 🔥

Time Waits For No-One from about 1m 50s onwards - just Michael but also all of them, actually!

It's something about both the bridge to little susie & is it scary does something to my soul & also who is it & spyho bridges. Idk it's something very spooky yet calming & just makes me have an like outer body experience.
All of this! The 'out of body experience' thing is partly why I only listen to Little Susie very rarely. It's one of my top faves and it's a masterpiece but it is heart-shaking and then the out-of-body thing makes it sort of hard to take so I ration myself.

It’s what I do I make interesting thought provoking threads which mostly get completely ignored. 😶‍🌫️
Your threads are interesting but also very challenging and often there just isn't an easy, quick answer. I could do a list where the entire song or the whole video gives me goosebumps. Then there's deciding, is it really goosebumps or is it more that this one shakes my heart into fragments? Not to mention the urge to go and check stuff out and, next thing you know, you're down the rabbit hole! Gone for days !!!!!!!!! :ROFLMAO:

Your threads are interesting but also very challenging and often there just isn't an easy, quick answer. I could do a list where the entire song or the whole video gives me goosebumps. Then there's deciding, is it really goosebumps or is it more that this one shakes my heart into fragments? Not to mention the urge to go and check stuff out and, next thing you know, you're down the rabbit hole! Gone for days !!!!!!!!! :ROFLMAO:
But I only listed the things that instantly popped in my head myself. I didn’t dig deep to find something. I never do, it all comes from the moment lol

Sorry this is really random but it's been bugging me today...

Was the jet pack stunt performed on every dangerous show? Does anyone know?

But I only listed the things that instantly popped in my head myself.
OK, my bad. I didn't explain myself properly. When I'm trying to choose stuff for your threads, in the space of a mere nano second I've got at least two dozen songs / videos / whatever bouncing around in my head, all clamouring to be listed. I mean, I time stamp Michael when he's blinking, fgs! So there's always too much to choose from. Mr JT just mentioned TGIM demo which immediately sent me off to the Mexico depo vid (the only version of the song that I like).

I didn’t dig deep to find something. I never do, it all comes from the moment lol
Trouble is, it's always such a busy moment, lol. :ROFLMAO:

Back