What if MJ and Madonna did a tour together?

Hunterr

Proud Member
I wish that Michael had done what artists like Madonna and U2 do. They are essentially making money off of their nostalgia. They release new albums and the hard core fans buy them, but they sell out arenas and stadiums because of their iconic status.

MJ could have toured every couple of years and followed the same model (but of course, he had a bunch of stuff going on the years after History tour).

ANYWAY, what if these 2 did a co-headlining tour together? What would you have liked to see as a setlist? I like the idea that they would share the same band and dancers and would just alternate songs, rather than 2 seperate sets.

1.Wanna Be Startin' Somethin' (MJ and Madonna)
2.Music (MJ and Madonna)
3.Hung Up (Madonna)
4.Rock With You (MJ)
5.Express Yourself (Madonna)
6.Hollywood (Madonna)
7.Human Nature (MJ)
8.Human Nature (Madonna)
9.In The Closet (Madonna and MJ)
10.Frozen (Madonna)
11.You Are Not Alone (MJ)
12.Vogue (Madonna)
13.Remember The Time (MJ)
14.Secret (Madonna)
15.Dirty Diana (MJ)
16.Take A Bow (Madonna)
17.Beat It (MJ)
18.Billie Jean (MJ)
19.La Isla Bonita (Madonna and MJ)
20.Like A Prayer (Madonna)
21.Man In The Mirror (MJ)

encore
22.Ray Of Light (Madonna)
23.Black Or White (MJ)
24.Holiday (or Into The Groove) (Madonna and MJ)
25.Shake Your Body (Madonna and MJ)

Yes, I totally over thought this :wild:

Last edited:
Yes, but that's not really the point of this ..thread...of a hypothetical situation...
k.

Anyway, Madonna is a very lovely woman who can be rude and stern at times with people. I'd imagine in later years after she became a mom, he probably changed his ideas about her. (oh, and based on what MJ sayd about her in the 90s, it really wasn't a good reason for not liking her).

But if a promoter got these 2 together and they put aside their diva-ness, it would be an epic tour.

Last edited:
This wouldve been massive!!!!! I would've liked to have heard a Billie Jean/Like a Virgin, and Can you feel it/Material Girl mash-up. I often think about designing a concert t-shirt for a tour like this. What would the tour be called??

Ah yes, they basically used the Billie Jean drum loop when she did it live at the VMAs with Britney and Christina.

I think a tour like this would be more realistic NOW (and if MJ's last tour hadn't been HISTORY...and obviously if he was alive).

Can't think of a name. Maybe KING AND QUEEN OF POP TOUR (yeah, i don't like it either).

I kinda wish Michael went Madonna's route and re-invented his music. And mashed up his songs with another artists. For example I could see Michael mashing up Billie Jean with Skrillex's Scary monsters and nice sprites, not Thriller. I kinda wish Michael created new choreography for Smooth criminal, TDCAU, Jam, and focused more on his newer songs. Idk, IMHO.

Despite being a huge fan of Madonna and have wished she had done a duet with Michael .... but a tour? I can not imagine that. I very much doubt that Michael would have accepted. :nono: They were never great friends. Always seemed to me that Michael lived fleeing of Madonna. :fear:

Why would you mix a high quality wine with plain water??? Good water, drinkable water indeed, but it's stil water.

And this is coming from someone who actually likes water.

I like Madonna's music, but I'd rather see 100% Michael Jackson!

Why would you mix a high quality wine with plain water??? Good water, drinkable water indeed, but it's stil water.

And this is coming from someone who actually likes water.

Please don't insult water, I like water and Madonna is no water- lol - Madonna has never had any talent, only talent was and is to create controversy. Insulting Catholics and pushing sex to its limit and okay dancer that's it. I have no respect for her professionaly or personally never have never will. Michael pretty much felt that way I believe. Michael would have never agreed to a concert tour with Madonna. And yes Michael I believe asked Madonna to do ITC, and agreed on a date to Ocasr, but that was all for publicity. ITC is perfect w/o her.

NO NO NO!!!:ph34r: I am so happy she never infected anything Michael did!

Madonna has never had any talent, only talent was and is to create controversy. Insulting Catholics and pushing sex to its limit and okay dancer that's it. I have no respect for her professionaly or personally never have never will. Michael pretty much felt that way I believe. Michael would have never agreed to a concert tour with Madonna. And yes Michael I believe asked Madonna to do ITC, and agreed on a date to Ocasr, but that was all for publicity. ITC is perfect w/o her.

NO NO NO!!!:ph34r: I am so happy she never infected anything Michael did!

Gurl, calm down.
You have no idea what he thought of Madonna after the early 90s.
Madonna is and was talented, silly. Haters gonna hate...

5b9raq.jpg

Last edited:
I would not like such a tour, to be honest. What would be the point? Michael's fans want to see Michael and Madonna's want to see Madonna. Of course, there are people who are fans of both, but they can go to both's concerts. And it's not like either Michael or Madonna were unable to sell out tours on their own. So really, I just don't see the point.

I kinda wish Michael went Madonna's route and re-invented his music. And mashed up his songs with another artists. For example I could see Michael mashing up Billie Jean with Skrillex's Scary monsters and nice sprites, not Thriller.

Gosh, NO! I'm glad Michael did neither of that. I would also hate Michael doing things like Madonna did on her latest album.

Because it's an epic double billing :)

I don't think it would be epic. I know I would think during Madonna songs: "Why do I have to watch to this? Why can't I just watch Michael?" While there are people who like both but many people are only a fan of one of them. I will be honest with you: I think Madonna is very inferior to Michael musically. Someone mentioned above how cool it would have been to see Billie Jean and Like a Virgin together. Well, to me these songs are miles apart in musical quality. To have to watch Madonna in a concert when I could watch Michael would feel like a waste of time and unnecessary breaks in the atmosphere that would otherwise build up if only Michael would perform.

To me That's the insulting to Michael's talent. No offense to Madonna fans, but no way! I can't picture Michael would did a tour with the woman who live and get famous for shock value, I just heard she flashed her boob in her one concert, and her ass in another. How could Michael lower himself to be in the same stage with her?

I kinda wish Michael went Madonna's route and re-invented his music. And mashed up his songs with another artists. For example I could see Michael mashing up Billie Jean with Skrillex's Scary monsters and nice sprites, not Thriller. I kinda wish Michael created new choreography for Smooth criminal, TDCAU, Jam, and focused more on his newer songs. Idk, IMHO.

indeed, i recognize you gave an opinion and i respect it. i want to clarify it because i want to respond with what is my humble opinion. To me, Michael is the only artist who would have been blasted, to eternity, yet for another reason, if he did skrillex type things. anybody else can get away with repetition. Michael could not. but that's a testament to his greatness. to me, skrillex and dubstep are a repetitive mess, and garbage..hurts my ears...ruins the integrity of drummers everywhere. And while madonna could get away with doing it, Michael was held to too high a standard, set by his own success but badly handled by his incessant critics.

Anyway, i don't think there could be a M and M tour. i just think Michael was much better, and she ripped off some of his tunes.

Sorry if I offend Madonna's fans but she can barely sing live and compensate her lack of singing with lighting technology and excesive use of auto tune. Michael'd had eaten her alive, he's a colossal monster on stage and none of them would had accepted!

Gurl, calm down.
You have no idea what he thought of Madonna after the early 90s.
Madonna is and was talented, silly. Haters gonna hate...

5b9raq.jpg
imo, and many people's opinion she is not talented save the shock value she brings. She's certainly no musical genius. And I said, I believe Michael did not respect her. Michael was not prudish but listen and read his lyrics on BOTDF, Super Fly Sister, I am gathering from that he didn't exactly like Madonna's promiscuos ways.

I'm just very grateful Michael didn't have any collaborations with her. It would have made him less credible. Prince sure, they were both very talented. It's like nowadays putting Adele and Miley Cyrus together. No, no.

Oh that reminds me, Prince did a song with Madonna on I think her Bedtime Story or Erotica album.
Twas a nice little diddy.

What about a MJ/Prince tour!:D
Though, that would seem a bit odd because Prince plays instruments. He wouldn't overshadow MJ, but it would just this weird dynamic of performance styles.

Prince, is talented, but he was always too erotic for me (disgusting really) so I guess doing a raunchy song w/ Madonna made sense. Still,:beee: imo his credibility just went way down.

Not so much lately. Ever since he became a Jehovas Witness, he doesn't perform songs like P Control, Get Off, etc. anymore.
He'll get a little raunchy and sexual (songs like Cream, Scandalous, etc), but he's not outrageous like he was back in the day.

What about a MJ/Prince tour!:D
Though, that would seem a bit odd because Prince plays instruments. He wouldn't overshadow MJ, but it would just this weird dynamic of performance styles.

Now that would be interesting. mmmmm- although Prince might have to clean up his act, no butt-less jumpsuits. :hysterical:
yukk!

Not so much lately. Ever since he became a Jehovas Witness, he doesn't perform songs like P Control, Get Off, etc. anymore.
He'll get a little raunchy and sexual (songs like Cream, Scandalous, etc), but he's not outrageous like he was back in the day.

Wow, he's a Jehovas Witness? that's quite a turnaround- I wonder if Michael inspired him in anyway. Interesting

Back