What if Michael covered on old track on his new album?

Kenzoid

Proud Member
This is something Michael has never done (apart from come together on History CD2) and maybe all of us have an opinion on a great song that they would love to hear MJ sing....

If Michael included one cover song in his new album what do you guys think would work?

Personally I'd love to hear MJ sing Ben or Who's Loving You with his voice today.

Music & Me I'd love to hear too.

Last edited:
I would love Michael to do a cover song on his new album.

If he was to cover, I would be so happy with some Stevie Wonder, I feel he would do a fantastic job of any Stevie track...

How about Superstition, Sir Duke or even something as beautiful as Evil or Girl Blue. Would be wonderful.

Last edited:
I would like Ben too indeed it will be totaly different :)
how about u2 with One or something like that

MJ and Chris Tucker re-made Dont Stop Till Ya Get Enough back in 2001.. it was supposed to be on the Soundtrack for Rush Hour 2 but that never happend... I would LOVE to hear THAT! :lol:

Personally I'd love to hear MJ sing Ben or Who's Loving You with his voice today.

I would like to hear I'll Be There, which Michael recorded during late 80s (?).

The one he did for Pepsi commercial gave me goosebumps.

With who should he do State of Shock then? That would be a nice thought.

yeah those are good choices especially whos loving you. be great to hear mj sing that now

I think he should cover a James Brown song. It would be a nice and fitting tribute to the man who influenced him more than any other entertainer.

I wouldn't like him to do cover songs.

CT and smile was enough for me.

The press would use it against him, claiming that he can't write songs any longer.

For The Love of You or Groove With You by the Isley Brothers( I want to hear finger snaps and a Sexy Rap)
Crusin by Smokey Robinson(In a Sexy Voice with a Sexy Spoken Intro)
Gone By N'Sync
Appollogize by Timbaland
Stairway to Heaven By Led Zepplin( He could really rock this song)
And I Love Her or Yesterday or Here, There, Everywhere By The Beatles(in a Sweet Voice)
I'll have to think of what else.

Well, I wouldn't want him to cover his own songs.... at least not on his new album.... it would be great if he could make a side project, where he covers a number of Motown J5 and Solo songs! For his own album a cover of an old song by a different artist from the 60's or 70's would be nice though!

I would love Michael to do a cover song on his new album.

If he was to cover, I would be so happy with some Stevie Wonder, I feel he would do a fantastic job of any Stevie track...

How about Superstition, Sir Duke or even something as beautiful as Evil or Girl Blue. Would be wonderful.

He's done superstition once:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=v64EagYcJuo

I'd love to hear him do a song he did as a kid though.
Something like 'music & me', but that song is too short!! Maybe 'I'll be there' or 'got to be there' :yes:
Yes, I'd love that but maybe as something extra. I'd love to hear some new music first of all on his new album. But I'd love to hear him sing those 'oldies' again too:).
:wild: he could do a whole album of them :D

Last edited:
For me I would love nothing more than to hear him sing I'll Be There, just hearing a small part on that pepsi ad was beautiful, a full song would be a sure hit !!

Some really good ones in there guys, thanks....

I forgot to add my veiws!....

I like many on here would love to hear a full version of 'I'll be there' like in the pepsi ad, maybe even as a duet? (with Janet would be cool)

Music and me is also a good one, very fitting lyrics.

But apart from that I would rather him pick a great song from another artist and make it better, make it his own. I would love to hear Michael sing 'Cry to me' by Solomon Burke or 'Bring it on home' by sam cooke... It would be amazing to hear MJ get his groove on to a real old classic soul track... thats my wish!

instead of a cover I would like him to pull out an unused/unreleased track from when he was younger and sing a duet with himself..

Yeah he did it with the Pepsi commercial.. But it would have a strong effect, that no one has heard the young Michaels vocals on this song before. (UNRELEASED)..

It would be cool to have a FULL song like that.

Last edited:
why do people want him 2 cover his own music? that wud be pointless lol. i wud love 2 see him cover jesse powell's song "you"

instead of a cover I would like him to pull out an unused/unreleased track from when he was younger and sing a duet with himself..

Yeah he did it with the Pepsi commercial.. But it would have a strong effect, that no one has heard the young Michaels vocals on this song before. (UNRELEASED)..

It would be cool to have a FULL song like that.

Cool concept. Although for the Pepsi commercial, that wasn't MJ's young voice. He only sung his adult part, somebody else sung the child part.

I'd love to hear a few Jacksons classics revisted. Especially "I'll Be There" and "Never Can Say Goodbye".

I wouldn't care for an album of pop standards.. those have been done quite a bit now and it's run the course. But maybe an album of covers of R&B/Soul classics would be cool.

New album first though. I wouldn't object to one or two covers on his new album though.

Has anyone ever heard this song, Love Never Felt So Good? Where did this song come from? Is it on any album of Michaels or was in a never released song? Does anyone know?

In no particular order or preference:

Smokey Robinson's - Being With You
Duet with Aretha Franklin and re-cover her song "Through the storm"
Luther Vandross - Here and Now
Bee Gees - Sacred Trust
Bee Gees - Promise the Earth
Bee Gees - Shee Keeps on Coming
Bee Gees - Alone
Bee Gees - I Will
Bee Gees - My Lover's Prayer
Jane Siberry - Love is Everything
Lenoard Cohen - Hallelujah
Neil Young - Helpless
Louis Armstrong - What a Wonderful World ( I can picture him re-doing this as lovely as he did with Smile)
Louis Armstrong - Exactly Like You
Heart - Wild Child
Heart - Nothin' At All

Back