What if Escape is the next single?

bjoernclausen

Proud Member
What would you say if Escape was THE lead single of the new album? Would it be the right choice? Is the song good enough? Or is it old news?

Personally I would be thriller beyond my imagination to get Escape released! And as a single even!
But with the TII-concerts, I do not think Escape would be the right choice of lead single. Michael needs to release something positive and dancable. As for Escape, I think it would do great as 2nd single. Imagine the short film! :-D

What would you say if Escape was THE lead single of the new album? Would it be the right choice? Is the song good enough? Or is it old news?

Personally I would be thriller beyond my imagination to get Escape released! And as a single even!
But with the TII-concerts, I do not think Escape would be the right choice of lead single. Michael needs to release something positive and dancable. As for Escape, I think it would do great as 2nd single. Imagine the short film! :-D

I wholeheartly agree...Not...

Escape will NEVER be the next single nor will it be a feature song due to it internet leaking. Plus the song now is outdated. I will like however for MJ to release it officially as a B-side of a single but I dont want it on the album as it will take up room for a unheard song where as we have already heard Escape.

Im sick of Escape being taboo though just because MJ asked us not to share the song 10 years ago!!

bugger me it's been 7 years!

anyway, yeah a B-side would be cool. it's a strong track.

It would be the biggest dissapointment in history, but I don't believe it will be released. :)

First of all Escape is spelt XSCAPE and 2 //
no, that's 'fan-fiction' as Korgnex would say. its title was always Escape.

ASCAP said:
[SIZE=-1]Save[/SIZE][SIZE=-1][/SIZE][SIZE=-1]ESCAPE[/SIZE] [SIZE=-1](Title Code: 350304753) [/SIZE][SIZE=-1]Writers:[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1] DANIELS LASHAWN AMEEN [/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1] JERKINS III FRED [/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1] JERKINS RODNEY [/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1] MASON HARVEY JAY [/SIZE]

[SIZE=-1]Performers:[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]MICHAEL JACKSON[/SIZE]

[SIZE=-1]Variations:[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1] (none found)[/SIZE]

[SIZE=-1]Publishers/Administrators:[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1] EMI APRIL MUSIC INC [/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1] C/O EMI MUSIC PUBLISHING [/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1] ATTN: AUDREY ASHBY [/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1] 75 NINTH AVENUE, 4TH FLOOR [/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1] NEW YORK , NY, 10011[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1] Tel. (212) 492-1200[/SIZE]

[SIZE=-1] UNIVERSAL MUSIC-MGB SONGS [/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1] 2440 SEPULVEDA BLVD [/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1] SUITE 100 [/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1] LOS ANGELES , CA, 90064[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1] Tel. (310) 235-4700[/SIZE]

[SIZE=-1] Contact ASCAP Clearance representative at (212)621-6160[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1] for other publisher information.[/SIZE]

NO Correction,it is spelt XSCAPE.

I do know how Michael spells the titles of his songs I wouldnt say it other wise.
I am not going to lie over a thing like this.

Next you'll be telling me I dont know the lyrics to his songs.

I actually have to go with arXter here.
Here's the URL to the site where arXter got his info, and it's very rare that the info stated in the ASCAP* or BMI database is incorrect:

http://www.ascap.com/ace/search.cfm...&search_det=t,s,w,p,b,v&results_pp=30&start=1

And if it's a leaked track, how could you be so sure that it's in fact spelled Xscape and not Espace if the title was never pressed on an official CD cover?

With this said, I'm not 100% sure what it is... but the ASCAP should be a very reliable source. :)

* = The American Society of Composers, Authors and Publishers

Last edited:
I wonder why people seem to want song's we have already heard instead of new song's big yawn to this thread but no doubt somone else will make another thread on the same subject in a few month's.

Next you'll be telling me I dont know the lyrics to his songs.
now how am i supposed to know that unless you sing them to me? ... just that you got the spelling wrong, my dear. no biggie ^.^

see Batman's post above. and the producer of the track (Rodney 'Darkchild' Jerkins) also wrote it as Escape on his website.

Last edited:
Actually it was online fans who started calling it Xscape. It is Escape and it has even been on a promo CD as Escape.

Besides why leave the 's' in Xscape seems thats what the 'X' would have replaced, the sounding E & s? This is a fan thing. Escape is the true title.

Last edited:
Besides why leave the 's' in Xscape seems that the 'X' would have replaced the sounding 's'?

Hehe that is a good question even though there actually once was a girl group called "Xscape", my mom bought me a CD of theirs dirt cheap when I was a little kid lol :D

What's even more sad is that I can't remember a single track they made, even though they apparently went platinum :D

(Oh dear lord, why do I always get snowed into unimportant/uninteresting stuff :D)

Personally I hope Michael never touches songs like this anymore...
I've had enough of the whole 'I need my privacy' songs, I've said it before these new songs need to be fresh and uplifting dance n ballads that dont go banging on about sneddon, the past, the press/ media. Just pure feel good tunes!

Maybe if was tweaked a little and add maybe a rap or too by NeYo then maybe it'd be worthy of being the next single

It would be great, STRONG song - would be perfect as a single. Too bad it leaked out.

Wow, when I search Michael Jackson under 'performers' at the ASCAP site, I find all kinds of interesting titles like:

'Seduction' (sounds 'In the closet-ish')
'Dance on the ceiling' (great name for a new single!)
'Ashes to ashes' (Escape-like song?)
'Super ghoul' (outtake from Botdf?)
'Flinging the ghouls' (outtake from Botdf?)
'Skin to the wind' (ballad?)
'Up again' (ballad?)

Many of them are (co-)written by a certain Nicholas H. Pike. Anyone knows about this guy? Can't find the years they were written.

By the way I think it's Escape, not the fan-made-up 'Xscape'. And no, not useful for the new album. Maybe something for a new greatest hits compilation containing unreleased material? lol

Wow, when I search Michael Jackson under 'performers' at the ASCAP site, I find all kinds of interesting titles like:

'Up again' (ballad?)

Many of them are (co-)written by a certain Nicholas H. Pike. Anyone knows about this guy? Can't find the years they were written.

By the way I think it's Escape, not the fan-made-up 'Xscape'. And no, not useful for the new album. Maybe something for a new greatest hits compilation containing unreleased material? lol

Interesting info! I must admit, it doesn't sound like MJ titles - for whatever we know, there could be someone else called MJ out there, who's some kind of a performer. As for Nicholas - never heard of him! :smilerolleyes:

'Up again' (ballad?)

I lot of those titles that you have listed are musical compositions that were made for and can he heard in the short film Ghosts. I have a video of it and inside the cover it had the titles for all the music featured in it and the time when they are played and I definitely remember seeing some of those you listed being mentioned.

'Up again' (ballad?)

I lot of those titles that you have listed are musical compositions that were made for and can be heard in the short film Ghosts. I have a video of it and inside the cover it had the titles for all the music featured in it and the time when they are played and I definitely remember seeing some of those you listed being mentioned.

I lot of those titles that you have listed are musical compositions that were made for and can be heard in the short film Ghosts. I have a video of it and inside the cover it had the titles for all the music featured in it and the time when they are played and I definitely remember seeing some of those you listed being mentioned.

Hey thanks for the info, man. And indeed, think it would be strange to find titles of still-to-be-released songs on the net already.

Who cares about the title, whether it was Xscape/Escape or whatever...the question is, will it be released. My answer is no...as I've also said before, he needs this to be a completely positive tour and a positive album, with some awesome tunes...nothing negative at all. He needs to remind the non-fan world that he's the best entertainer alive :D

'Skin to the wind' (ballad?
)
'Up again' (ballad?)

all the ones in bold are really :puke:

No. I like one bit of that song. But seriously, its too samey. It even has that guitar riff that sounds like its out of Black or White.

Back