What happened to the BAD TOUR DVD ??

mj_insane

Proud Member
Years ago the campaign started with the online petition and website and such , but what happened ???

Why havent we got it yet ?? I mean you would of thought , sony of all people , would put it out now due to the circumstances ??

Any updates on this ???

WHERE IS THE BAD TOUR DVD ??

Its absolutely ridiculous that we dont have it.

To make it up to us it should be a multi disc set. With some Victory Tour concert on as well.

Birchey explained to me that it's Michael's fault that it hasn't been released yet - it's now all up to the estate to decide what will happen with all the tours.

This is kind of obvious since Sony knows that there's a whole lot of money waiting to collect on any forthcoming official DVDs.

I really do not understand why all his tours are not available in DVD or BluRay.
Make me crazy

I really do not understand why all his tours are not available in DVD or BluRay.
Make me crazy

Because Michael didn't want it released.

Why didn't want it released? Who knows for sure.
Maybe because he never was satisfied with anything, maybe because he wanted people to go to his tours or never be able to see them and to make them even more exclusive.

But the bottom line is that Michael owned the material, and he didn't want it released - it would be very, very sad if we'll never get to see the tours.

Yup, MJ never wanted concerts released. He wrote in Moonwalker that he wanted for fans to actually GO to his concerts. He thought if the best concerts were released nobody would want to go to his concerts anymore.

I always expected that Bad Tour DVD may only be released after he passed... and I was right :(

I still hope it's released but I doubt it.

Yup, MJ never wanted concerts released. He wrote in Moonwalker that he wanted for fans to actually GO to his concerts. He thought if the best concerts were released nobody would want to go to his concerts anymore.

I always expected that Bad Tour DVD may only be released after he passed... and I was right :(

I always thought Michael wasn't a person to keep looking at the past.....
.....he would always move on to the next project........
.....And when said, "This Is It", he wanted people to see that he was still full of new ground-braking ideas!!!!

But I've also thought that he would only release the old stuff when would actually retire......
.....sadly this would never happen
.....but I'm sure the estate will release these concerts....especially when the family are constantly trying to milk every cent out of the estate
.....just don't expect any releases any time soon!!!!

Because Michael didn't want it released.

Why didn't want it released? Who knows for sure.
Maybe because he never was satisfied with anything, maybe because he wanted people to go to his tours or never be able to see them and to make them even more exclusive.

But the bottom line is that Michael owned the material, and he didn't want it released - it would be very, very sad if we'll never get to see the tours.

I think the victory tour was obvious, he wasn't satisfied with that tour at all, so it makes sense why he wouldn't wanna release it.
But the bad tour... it really just boggles the mind! :scratch: mj at his first solo tour at the time he had reached the ultimate peak.... who wouldn't wanna see that? My parents still speak about how amazing that concert was.

Ps: that sig is genius!!

I don't remember reading that from Moonwalker. I thought Michael said something that he loves it when his shows are filmed because it's a testament to the power of memory and experiences and it will be shared through generations after that. Remember how he said that so many performance in history (especially musicals) were lost because it wasn't captured in time by film. That's why Michael tries to film every single show of his.

But Michael definitely prefers if fans experience the live show for themselves... Who doesn't?

I would to for it to be released, but maybe the estate would probably handle it now. I think that it's their decision if the tour DVD will exist.

I think Pompous Git would know more about this though, he said that it's in Moonwalker and it's also in an article.

Guess it was indeed because he wanted to still surprise people at his new tours etc. Think it's quite a logical choice to keep that 'secret' and get people to come to your tours to see with their own eyes. Would attract much more.
All part of his mystery I guess... ;D

I remember him saying somewhere that he always preferred short films to concerts, because if he wasn't satisfied with a film he could always change something and improve it, which wasn't an option during a concert. I think that's part of the reason he didn't release his concerts.

I wish he could have looked at his concerts through his fans' eyes and realized that every concert was amazing. And if there were small imperfections (like the Smooth criminal curtain that broke during HIStory in Moscow, or a fan in Seoul), they made every concert even more special.

I hope the Estate will release at least one concert from each tour officially.

The trouble is he didn't foresee the internet boom and video sites such as Youtube. I'm sure those sites have taken away some potential sales from any DVD that might be released because they're jam packed with MJ performances from many different concerts. Not to mention those that are freely shared through torrents and on sites like this.

IMO Mike should have released concert DVDs before now. In fact, it might have caused him to vary the content of his tours more because BAD, HIStory, Dangerous, were all so similar. I don't think he would have got away with HIStory without being panned if the Dangerous and BAD tours were on DVD. The reviewers and audience would be p!ssed that it was so similar.

it´s time to remember...
so i think it´s time of seeing his concerts in a good quality.
Michael had reason, the live concert experiencie it´s not the same in dvd but sadly it´s the one way of seeing it

I'm not sure what happened to the campaign to release it but I know a new petition was started in July/August again to release it. It's a wonder why they don't, they're sitting on alot of cash.

Birchey explained to me that it's Michael's fault that it hasn't been released yet - it's now all up to the estate to decide what will happen with all the tours.

This is kind of obvious since Sony knows that there's a whole lot of money waiting to collect on any forthcoming official DVDs.

Wow, "it's Michael's FAULT"? How about it was Michael's DECISION. I don't think he knew he would pass so young and perhaps he had bigger plans for its release.

Guys i read the reason ther hasnt really been any dvd releases is because the way MJ structerd his deal with Sony.
Apparently MJ would get somthing like 90% of profits of any Concert/video realeses so by the time sony paid out for all setup up costs and costs of everything for a dvd ther 10% they get would be almost nothing so it wasnt worth them releasing anythink. Maybe now hes gone that will change.

SAMS club was selling the Bad TOur from the Japan show. I have it. I do not know if they still have it in stock but it was sold.

SAMS club was selling the Bad TOur from the Japan show. I have it. I do not know if they still have it in stock but it was sold.

I'm assuming that's the 1987 first leg?

Well, I said to the other thread that they should instead release the Bad Tour as a 3 disc set, you know 1st disc- Rome 88' (Premiere of Europeon Tour), 2nd disc- London 88' (one of the 7 sold out shows) and 3rd disc- Los Angeles 89' (Last concert), I thought of those 3 like Rome because it's my personal choice that I wanna see it and most of us wanted London and some wanted Los Angeles instead, so I thought of 3 shows should be released as one.

Personally, I kinda predict the Bad Tour should be released sometime in 2010, you never know, anything could happen.

Back