What gets you into a song? (the beat, music, lyrics?)

What do you look for in a song?

• Total voters
Well, the thing is my mother tongue is french but i love many songs that are sung in english ie. Big Pun songs, Michael's of course, some by Gwen Stefani, Snoop Dogg, a few by Biggie, Amy Winehouse etc....... I'd say i love those songs because sometimes you do not need to understand the lyrics to love a song, thats why so many english-speaking entertainers are successful worldwide. Good beats and nice instruments do the trick for me. I love Smooth criminal but when i translated some sentences of it years ago, i was like "........... i do not really care about the topic of the song but still i love it lol."

I love vocals too, e.g i love the way Mary J Blige growls in the song entitled "As" before the last chorus just after saying "i'll be loooovin, looooovin".

Last edited:
I'm a dancer, so all aspects of a song attracts me to it. I'm attracted to a song for the beat and if it's easy to choreograph to. The music to see wether the style of dance will fit with the music, and the lyrics are hugely important too! Cause you gotta express what the song is saying through the dance... Unless its an instrumental or classical ballet piece lol :pxx whenever I hear an AWESOME song, I just start dancing Lolz :D

Vocal, hands down. Great vocalists can get love from me all the time.
And they can even upgrade a hot-mess of a song, to a certain extent.
Don't underestimate the power of vocal.

Back