What format are you getting the new album in?

hrp102

Proud Member
Is anyone here actually buying the CD? I haven't bought a physical CD in a very long time, probably not since Invincible, but maybe that's a better way to "vote" for the new music. How are itunes albums counted?

I bought many CD's and also iTunes.

I would LOVE Michael on LP too.

I already bought it digital but because I have all his albums and releases physical it would be weird not to have it physical. Having MJ album is overally so rare happening.

I'm definitely getting the physical CD version. I never buy digital unless it's a great deal, and that's only if it's an artist I only like a little (i.e. Taylor Swift's new album was only 3.99 digital, so I bought that. I wouldn't have otherwise.). Generally, I just buy the album and then rip it myself so I have physical and digital. :p

Physical CD. In my opinion, the best way to go. Like Pretty_Young_Thriller said, I also rip it to my computer.

I still buy everything on CD, and this will not be the first exception.
Buying MP3's is ridiculous.

I bought the CD yesterday. I like to have the album physically on my shelf and I like to watch the booklet:)

I still buy everything on CD, and this will not be the first exception.
Buying MP3's is ridiculous.

What's so ridiculous in that? If there's an artist you don't collect but only listen and especially if only separate tracks, MP3's are really great. At least me if I bought only a cd would make MP3's still from it.

I bought the CD on friday and my iTunes pre-order was added to my library today. Would love to have it on vinyl as well.

CD, much better audio quality compared to buying MP3s and I like to have a physical product.

I would like to see Michael on vinyl also and chances are I would buy that.

Is this going to be a vinyl?! I didn't know. I'll buy right away.

My CD is coming tomorrow (I hope, I hope) from Amazon! I've not listened to anything but the (cough, fake) Cascio tracks, so I'm looking forward to the other seven. I'll rip it to my computer, and then add "Blue Gangster," "Do You Know Where Your Children Are," and "Slave to the Rhythm" snippet to substitute for the Cascio tracks.

What's so ridiculous in that? If there's an artist you don't collect but only listen and especially if only separate tracks, MP3's are really great. At least me if I bought only a cd would make MP3's still from it.
Yes, a couple of tracks from an album then sure, buy mp3's from iTunes if you want. I just can't bring myself to pay for an MP3 :/ If you're getting the whole album then get the CD.

Is this going to be a vinyl?! I didn't know. I'll buy right away.

I've seen no news of a vinyl release yet, just wishful thinking that it might be released on vinyl in the future, it could be one day. I'm surprised that you cannot order it on vinyl right now as Thriller 25 and This Is It were both released on vinyl.

I will buy MJ in ALL available formats!

If I could get it on MC casette I would love too.

I'm buying the CD for my sister. I was going to get it digital, if there was a bonus track.

I rarely buy actual CD's. Only for special circumstances...and this is special.

I would like to get this album in LP format only because the album cover art is so interesting. It reminds me of the old days when LP album covers were fun to look at and read. Now I need reading glasses to examine CD booklets, lol.

My Amazon order shipped today!

CD!
Which I later turn into MP3s for my computer :)

I'll be buying the CD. I don't like buying albums online.

Back