What era of music do you think is the best?

What era of music you think is the best?

• The '60s

Votes: 9 14.3%
  • The '70s

Votes: 26 41.3%
  • The '80s

Votes: 41 65.1%
  • The '90s

Votes: 21 33.3%
  • 2000-now

Votes: 5 7.9%

• Total voters

troubleman84

Proud Member
I just wanted to post this to see which era you think rocked in music and just say what you think is the best...and leave it at that. :lol:

I'd say the 1970's is the best decade for music. Pop music of all genre's just grew and expanded in to many new forms in the 1970's, forms that artists are copying today. The 1970's is the most cool and sophisticated decade of music, with the greatest range of music icons, with. Actually I'd say the 1970's was the best decade for albums, and the 1980's the best decade for singles.

The 70's 80's and 90's for me.

Last edited:
'80s and '90s as well :) I couldn't choose, but those eras are definitely my favourite.
I always tell myself I was born too late :doh: :lol: :p

70's and 80's yaaay!!
It's funny how I''ve strated to listen to those eras though I didn't even live back then. I almost can't stand today's music.
Sometimes also 90s is fun to listen :D But seariously imo 70's and 80's :yes:

I am a music buff...I think over all...the best era of music are the 60's, 70's, and 80's...those were the days when the industry was all about the music, creativity, and originality of the artist...

The 90's & 2000's unfortunately have been all about whats marketable and the money...!

80s 90s and 2000 till now... because, if you looks hard enough, there IS still some great music out there... they may not be mainstream, but they're there somewhere.

Nothing beats the strings and live instruments that were used in the 70s. The 80s were also great but the synthezized beats and drum machines make the 80s sound outdated while the 70s still sound fresh to date.

Definitely late 60's to early 80's, so I chose the 70's. Maybe it's because that was the time of my teens-20's when I really was more into music. Or, it's because the music during that time WAS more enjoyable to listen/dance to.

I'm always been the 80's fan, I was born in the 80's and I live to be an 80's man.

The 70s had the best rock bands, period.

YES! The 70's was all about breaking free and go forward. While the 80's was about hope and joy. You can hear that in the music that was made during those two decades.

Allthough I am a 80's 90's child, growing up I can't hide the fact that the 70's was the decade for music. People seemed so much more creative back then. + they had an advantege since nothing that they did had never been done before. I so wish I could live for just a few years during those musical times.

60's & 70's for me. Can't choose between these two.
close.png
copy.png
img.png
Sorry, couldn't find any translationPlease support us by using Babylon search engine

The 80's are definitely my fave. Then the 70's & 90's are tied for me, I love them both.

The 70's and the 80's were the best!! But I have voted for the 80's. :)
What is music nowadays anyway? Most of it has lost it's meaning. It's a lot of unoriginal artists with repetitive melodies and or lyrics... just doesn't have the same effect old music does.

Well, there's great music in pretty much all eras, so I don't think one is necessarily better than another, but I voted 70's because I tend to prefer more stuff from that decade than the others listed. Of course, if you're talking 1860's, 1870's, 1880's and 1890's, I'd go for 1890's, because the two composers of my fav works were alive and composing great stuff at that time. :p

Well, my favorite period is the 80s then the 60s, 70s then 90s. There was so much happening with music in the 60s. I really got into the 60s in the 90s.

'80s and '90s as well :) I couldn't choose, but those eras are definitely my favourite.
I always tell myself I was born too late :doh: :lol: :p

I love the 80s music...it was also durring the Thriller craze..I too think i was born too late. I feel very out of place with the mainstream music today.

UNDERGROUND MUSIC IS SOO MUCH BETTER!(usually)there are some bands in the Underground scene that sound like they belong in the past somewhere...and if they where around durring the 80s/70s they prolly would have gone mainstream. why? b/c it seems it the past, you where allowed to create and be original and go against the norm, and ppl loved that. now everything seems to be unoriginal, by the book for the money in the mainstream. sucks.

anyways...70s and 80s ROCKED but i voted 80s! :punk:

Back