What do YOU think Mike says in They Dont Care About Us?...

arh dunno u know......just got lost watching him love this so so much! But that stupid woman........... adoring fan? If you love him you respect him you dont pull him over....:-(

I've heard this discussed before, but I just wanted some feedback from you guys.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?gl=GB&hl=en-GB&v=gCqQ2JcQWGs

At 3.57, what do you think Michael says. It sounds a lot like "dont you say that I f*cked a baby!"...and I agree.

Has anyone else noticed this?

Cheers

No, I'd actually always just thought it was gibberish or just for sound effects like the end of WBSS. . . . After listening to it though, it sounds unclear but like he could be saying something, not sure what though.

arh dunno u know......just got lost watching him love this so so much! But that stupid woman........... adoring fan? If you love him you respect him you dont pull him over....:-(

lol that part is crazy. . . . I noticed MJ's youtube channel only has this version and doesn't have the prison version; strange considering everything else is there. . . . The HIStory videos also uses this version over the prison one. I remember the prison one came out first but then MJ did this one w/ Spike Lee; I guess he liked it better.

I've heard this discussed before, but I just wanted some feedback from you guys.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?gl=GB&hl=en-GB&v=gCqQ2JcQWGs

At 3.57, what do you think Michael says. It sounds a lot like "dont you say that I f*cked a baby!"...and I agree.

Has anyone else noticed this?

Cheers

:lol:

I love how so many Michael lyrics that are either misheard or misunderstood always involve the f word or something totally inappropriate :p

but you are right, it does sound like he's saying that!! although I don't think he is :)

Oh boy, I'm Brazillian and I feel ashamed for her. I don't like to watch that part of the video.

And talking about the video, back then the president didn't want it to show the slums and poverty. The government wanted it to show only the good side of Rio, the tourist attractions but then the video would lost the point.

Oh boy, I'm Brazillian and I feel ashamed for her. I don't like to watch that part of the video.

And talking about the video, back then the president didn't want it to show the slums and poverty. The government wanted it to show only the good side of Rio, the tourist attractions but then the video would lose the point.

Reading his lips, it is not "Don't you say that I f***ed the baby".

Not even close.

your anticipated answer will come..from an MJ expert :D

It's great question, I have always wonderet what he says in this part!
But personally with my 'amazing' english I have no idea :p but when I listened to acapella version I thought that it may be 'don't you say that I f**cked the baby" but in truth I don't think Michael would say that...

I'll keep reading your opinions, maybe I'll learn more about this song :)

okay,i am not 100% sure if this is right (im 99% sure haha) but he says there:"dont you threaten me with that like you actually mean it"..and if you listen to it closely,u might hear it :)btw,i love when he mumbles those words xD..

okay,i am not 100% sure if this is right (im 99% sure haha) but he says there:"dont you threaten me with that like you actually mean it"..and if you listen to it closely,u might hear it :)btw,i love when he mumbles those words xD..

WOOOW ! how did u know? ...ur simply Amazingggg !!! :)))

(( ...u forgot that 5 stars:D..."baaabyyyyy" after that line xxD....))

Last edited:

I don't hear anything like that. :brow:

Completely wrong. Too many syllables and doesn't even match his lip movements at all.

He's just scatting in this part and that's it. However, the brain has an incredible capacity to put words into noise when there are no words.

omg MJ would never say such a thing!! HELLLL NOOO! u know how he adlibs at the end of his songs... i think hes juss scatting things.. its not supposed to make sense!

here lsn to the acapella version
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nH-rnkJW34

Thanks for the acappella, he sounds great. Sounds to me like the reason why we can't hear what hes saying properly is because hes singing through gritted teeth. There was a lot of anger in that song, so his words ended up being mumble jumble at that part.

Or maybe we wasn't supposed to hear it, who knows? But I have always played back that part and wondered "Michael why?! What the hell are you saying?!!"
Now hes dead, we might never know.

But it does sound like the first few words are "don't you sit back" but I don't hear "being frustrated" though there is definitely an "ed" at the end of the last word.

It really annoys me when people think he says "Don't you say that I f*cked a baby."

He doesn't say that. And he wouldn't be so crude in his lyrics. That's not a nice lyric to have in a song. Just annoys me because Michael would NOT have something like that in one of his songs!

I think he says, "Don't you stand back and watch, defeated."

I always thought he said " Don't just sit back, get furstrated"

i hear that too...''frustrated'' for sure....
''don't you sit back and get frustrated''
i still hear the words in the acapella version,
but he pronouces it his michael way, differently, so you can't understand him.
''frustrated'' makes it sound like ''f*s a baby''... to me the way he says the word.

i think singers dont always make lyrics clear, some
are mumbled. but there still there.

It really annoys me when people think he says "Don't you say that I f*cked a baby."

He doesn't say that. And he wouldn't be so crude in his lyrics. That's not a nice lyric to have in a song. Just annoys me because Michael would NOT have something like that in one of his songs!

OMG! I think you may be right! Sounds like it and it seems like he would say that kind of thing.

Completely wrong. Too many syllables and doesn't even match his lip movements at all.

He's just scatting in this part and that's it. However, the brain has an incredible capacity to put words into noise when there are no words.

....hmm..too many syllables??! well, thats michael, he always do that stuff..and its AMAZingg! no one can pull it off :D.....u can hear it .

check this out ppl:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPFFDSChedY

michael could manage to say the lines quickly!!when i heard smooth criminal for the first time i didnt have a clue as to what he sang about!anyway,this is what i claim and im damn sure he is not cursing there!

WOOOW ! how did u know? ...ur simply Amazingggg !!! :)))

(( ...u forgot that 5 stars:D..."baaabyyyyy" after that line xxD....))

oh,boy,are u sure u didnt know that?hahaha

Michael did swear in his songs you know :yes: and in his personal life. He wasn't all peter pans and giving trees.

Michael did swear in his songs you know :yes: and in his personal life. He wasn't all peter pans and giving trees.

yes he did,, but to say "...fuck baby.." ?!! i would have never believed fans would believe such thing to come out of michael's mouth !!

It wasn't until 1995 that MJ started swearing - and that was on SCREAM and TTA. Then a couple of years later we heard some more on Morphine. It served a purpose - "we're a long way from Thriller".

Anyway, all the lines so far are wrong as they do not match his lip movements. No matter who you are, it is impossible to make your lips move in such a way that they don't appear to form the shapes for every word you say. You can't fake this - the lips will always form the shapes for words that is natural to each person. Michael wasn't so special he was above this at all. Re: Smooth Criminal...every single lip movement actually 100% corresponds to the correct lyrics regardless of the speed of movement.

100% no swearing on TDCAU. He's scatting on this specific line in TDCAU - it's primitive music as Swedien said. You know, earthly. That's where it's power comes from.

I know he swears. I don't think Michael is some kind of god who is perfect. It's not the swearing that gets me. The whole sentence is crude and Michael wouldn't say something like that in one of his songs.

yes he did,, but to say "...fuck baby.." ?!! i would have never believed fans would believe such thing to come out of michael's mouth !!
Yep :D Exactly.

I have another question for you. I repost a youtube video because the first one does not work anymore and because I need the full version:

Michael Jackson They Don't Care About Us (Version 2 Uncut)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Wy5qTeHqms

Watch 4:27. He's doing something with his hands. What do these signs mean?

Back