What do you consider 'HOT' in music?

Compare to Rhihanna who is also on the Radio with high sales??? No! But that doesn't mean that it's bad for Beyonce. I prefer Beyonce over Rhianna any day. To me, Beyonce is hot with her music. I think Rhianna is a copy cat... So Beyonce is Hot to me.

Shoot I kown thats right because Rhianna sometimes she just don't sing live like she used to no more?.. :no:

being hot is how much you are talked about and mentioned, mj is still hot id say, a great example of this would be the rapper Drake, he is hot tho unsigned and lacking a debut album, also rappers who release mixtapes such as lil wayne(god knows why)dont profit from such usually but are talked about by the general public..if mj wasnt hot even the tabloids would not bother with him

Hot to me is quality music, regardless of when it was made. An artist like Michael Jackson, who was most popular nearly 30 years ago, is hot IMO, where a current artist like The Jonas Brothers or Miley Cyrus (who sell tons of records) are NOT hot. They lack quality, even though they sell the units.

The Beatles' music, which is nearly 50 years old, is still as hot as anything. Current popularity doesn't always equal substance.

Hot to me, I'll say any performers that could entertain the world for decades and still remembered generations after generations. Music that inspired millions and was played on all radios,televisions,clubs,cafe,etc worldwide no matter how classic that music considered to be. Michael's songs were all successful. His music is hot.

A lil confusing thread here but I use the word hot only as a lil describtion, to me it's just my way of saying that something is great or awesome. For example Billie Jean is hot to me - that means I love it!
Nothing more, nothing less... :)

But when it comes to the media, then it may be different. They mostly say that something is hot, when it's in the charts at the moment. Or when somebody is really popular or in demand, having bis success at the time being, then they're mostly saying that he or she is hot cuz' he or she is successful at the time.

Back