Were the outfits he wore to rehearsals actually cooler than most of his stage outfits?

The stage outfits were OFF THE HOOK IMO! The rehearsal clothes were okay.. But the orange pants and silver jacket.. Hated it. The Drill jacket, awesome, J5 Medley jacket awesome.

Really, the stage outfit looked sooooo great.. Wish I could see Michael in them. Would've looked even better.

His everyday clothes were sooo stylish and very 'Michael'. Some of the stage costumes were cool too, some were extreme though but thats what performers do now I guess. Of course we couldn't do without the Smooth Criminal outfit, a Beat It jacket, and Thriller Jacket, and those lighty up Billie Jean pants.

Look at this pure hotness :D !

michael-jackson-in-balmain-jeans-jessie-jt-1-header.jpg

2926balmainjack_415x600.jpg

:wub:

6jg3uo.jpg

28c11d3.jpg

10416_139122592121_544922121_244432.jpg

The Tshirt in this next one is from Target.. the kids section!

june16.jpg

16june3.jpg

10416_139122222121_544922121_244-1.jpg

^ can't see that very well but thats another bold shoulder jacket

10416_139122382121_544922121_244429.jpg

^ That red one looks like it might not fit right, but I think thats actually Ruska's own jacket.. I've seen a pic of her wearing it and it looks like fits her how its meant to.. but MJ still looks hot in it, 'specially with a lollypop :D

I NEED a picture of the SPARKLY GOLD PANTS and the SHORT grey/silver jacket and black hat - that outfit was amazing.​

Last edited:
About the stage costumes..(I hope these photos don't come out all massive)

I really like the black and gold Jacket, not sure about the silver outfit but whatever, if Michael liked it then fine with me.

Michael-Jackson-by-Zaldy-5.jpg

The shoulders on the white/silver outfit are a bit extreme... wonder what song that outfit would be for? You think its for the opening, it looks a bit space-age like.. maybe he would have worn this whilst stepping out of the light man.

michael-jackson-by-zaldy-8.jpg

Michael-Jackson-by-Zaldy-1.jpg

I love those Balmain Jeans, they're awesome. :D I want a pair so bad but I'm not really in the position to sell all of my possessions just for a pair of Jeans LOL.

That BoW outfit above is just epic! It looks even better on somebody, I can just imagine how it would look on Michael! :bugeyed

His everyday clothes were sooo stylish and very 'Michael'. Some of the stage costumes were cool too, some were extreme though but thats what performers do now I guess. Of course we couldn't do without the Smooth Criminal outfit, a Beat It jacket, and Thriller Jacket, and those lighty up Billie Jean pants.

Look at this pure hotness :D !

michael-jackson-in-balmain-jeans-jessie-jt-1-header.jpg

2926balmainjack_415x600.jpg

:wub:

6jg3uo.jpg

28c11d3.jpg

10416_139122592121_544922121_244432.jpg

The Tshirt in this next one is from Target.. the kids section!

june16.jpg

16june3.jpg

10416_139122222121_544922121_244-1.jpg

^ can't see that very well but thats another bold shoulder jacket

10416_139122382121_544922121_244429.jpg

^ That red one looks like it might not fit right, but I think thats actually Ruska's own jacket.. I've seen a pic of her wearing it and it looks like fits her how its meant to.. but MJ still looks hot in it, 'specially with a lollypop :D

I NEED a picture of the SPARKLY GOLD PANTS and the SHORT grey/silver jacket and black hat - that outfit was amazing.​

I love Michael and his clothes, but I wouldn't call him hotness in these pics...he is too thin to be called "hot", and then he died :(

I think Zaldy's costumes were very elaborate and had the "wow" effect. BUT. They were over the top for Michael, too heavy to dance in, and too expensive for Michael's message. Look at his other tours. Simple, practical yet memorable clothes.

I have a question, do any of us know for sure exactly what costumes MJ was going to wear for each song? From what I can tell, there seems to be some confusion about whether he was going with Michael Bush's or Zaldy's designs.

Hey! I liked most of the clothes too, much better than the supposed designs by Zaldy. They were inventive and different, but I just don't see how Mj would have been able to walk, let alone dance in those heavy heavy jewelled jackets and pants. MJ always wore thin open shirts in songs like black or white, not that huge black thing Zaldy wanted. The heal the world jacket was nice though.

Just some things that showed me Zaldy didnt really understand MJ's choices much for example, I'm no expert but MJ always wore the same black shoes in concerts. There's no way he would have agreed with those red Thriller loafers. Then again, I could be wrong.

About the stage costumes..(I hope these photos don't come out all massive)

I really like the black and gold Jacket, not sure about the silver outfit but whatever, if Michael liked it then fine with me.

Yes, your pictures cam out huge!! However, because MJ looks so good in them, we must forgive you!:D He does look handsome doesn't he.:clapping:

Also the outfit with the big shoulders was supposed to be for WBSS. In the Zalsy vignette, he goes through each costume and tells what song they were for, or what group of songs.

Edit, I guess my computer had OE. I look at them now and they are not very big.

Last edited:
they should have stayed with only letting Michael Bush create the final stage outfits.
that new designer totally missed the point.
those pieces looked like nice fashion art when you see it close up....
but its nothing that would work in the big picture... for an MJ stage performance.
some of them just looked ridiculous.
some of the rehearsal outfits did too... but some were really cool. (the simple ones)

Zaldy's designs were extremely bling and probably would have looked fantastic on, but when watching the feature on the DVD I just kept thinking they were far too over the top - the BoW outfit, for instance, as nice as it looked, it didn't scream "BoW" to me like the simple white t-shirt and shirt with black trousers and knee pads - that's the ultimate BoW outfit, imo. And the same is true of a lot of the outfits by Zaldy. They simply aren't what we associate with the songs.

But then, had we seen MJ on stage in this plethora of new outfits, we'd probably now all be raving about how they are now a fundamental part of his wardrobe, it's only because we're disconnected from them that we can't judge them in the same way we can the Dangerous tour gold all-in-one body piece thang (you know what I mean, the WBSS outfit) or the HIStory tour gold pants (which need no further explanation around here, lol).

I'm also aware there was some confusion about whether Zaldy or M. Bush would be designing the outfits - seems a very suspect set-up if this really happened, I mean, did they really employ two designers to spends thousands of dollars on costumes, one lot of which they never intended to use??!! Really? Hmmm...

Have we any proof M. Bush had designed/fitted any new outfits for TII?

As for the rehearsal outfits - the lion shirt and grey jacket looked fantastic, as did most of MJ's wardrobe, except the orange trousers (!!) and the OTT shoulders on the Human Nature jacket.

Oh i loved all of his outfits.. i guess thats just his taste hey.. but the man did have style! He was so funky!

Not sure if they were better but still cool.

Who made the jacket he wore with the smurf T-shirt?

I want THAT ONE.

Zaldy's designs were extremely bling and probably would have looked fantastic on, but when watching the feature on the DVD I just kept thinking they were far too over the top - the BoW outfit, for instance, as nice as it looked, it didn't scream "BoW" to me like the simple white t-shirt and shirt with black trousers and knee pads - that's the ultimate BoW outfit, imo. And the same is true of a lot of the outfits by Zaldy. They simply aren't what we associate with the songs.

But then, had we seen MJ on stage in this plethora of new outfits, we'd probably now all be raving about how they are now a fundamental part of his wardrobe, it's only because we're disconnected from them that we can't judge them in the same way we can the Dangerous tour gold all-in-one body piece thang (you know what I mean, the WBSS outfit) or the HIStory tour gold pants (which need no further explanation around here, lol).

I'm also aware there was some confusion about whether Zaldy or M. Bush would be designing the outfits - seems a very suspect set-up if this really happened, I mean, did they really employ two designers to spends thousands of dollars on costumes, one lot of which they never intended to use??!! Really? Hmmm...

Have we any proof M. Bush had designed/fitted any new outfits for TII?

As for the rehearsal outfits - the lion shirt and grey jacket looked fantastic, as did most of MJ's wardrobe, except the orange trousers (!!) and the OTT shoulders on the Human Nature jacket.

Buy MJ DID do it in the past, i.e his gold leotard for the Dangerous Tour was designed by a famous fashion house... and Michael Bush worked on the rest.
TII was exactly the same - Zaldy was a designer that was chosen to create some pieces for MJ, Michael Bush was the wardrobe head.

he looked amazing in rehearsals.
I wish he got the chance to have a dress rehearsal and make it to the stage :(

Honestly, to me the best outfits would have been the Thriller outfit, Billie Jean & Smooth Criminal, nothing else!!!!!!

I loved the orange pants and the two pointy jackets. I think he would look sexy in any of the costumes. All he would need to do is start singing and dancing!

One of my personal faves....besides the Drill Jacket, was the whole wardrobe he wore while he was helping conduct TWYMMF sounds and sound test. He lookes awesome in all black and that popeye shirt. I loved that combination. I really wish I could buy that Drill jacket, too much tho. SO as of now I'm aiming for a black CTE shirt, the red lion TII shirt...... OR THE HISTORY INTRODUCTION MILITARY BREASTPLATE! I kinda mostly want the black CTE shirt, I'd wear it like everyday!

I diddn't care for most of the new costumes either except for the new Thriller jacket and the Billie Jean jacket.

btw the jacket in ICSLY was dope!! I would totally wear that to a fancy resturant haha its so classy

One of my personal faves....besides the Drill Jacket, was the whole wardrobe he wore while he was helping conduct TWYMMF sounds and sound test. He lookes awesome in all black and that popeye shirt. I loved that combination. I really wish I could buy that Drill jacket, too much tho. SO as of now I'm aiming for a black CTE shirt, the red lion TII shirt...... OR THE HISTORY INTRODUCTION MILITARY BREASTPLATE! I kinda mostly want the black CTE shirt, I'd wear it like everyday!

I thought that to until 99 percent of the people that saw it thought it was a Nazi S.S. Officers shirt :mello:

NO! :mello:

Agree.............

That Crystal Shoulders costume for the opening of the concert was just amazing!!!!!!!!

Its sort of like Captain EO on steroids!!!!!!!!!!....Brilliant!!!!!!!!

The outfits were certainly cool. However, was the profit able to be taken???

I think Zaldy's costumes were very elaborate and had the "wow" effect. BUT. They were over the top for Michael, too heavy to dance in, and too expensive for Michael's message. Look at his other tours. Simple, practical yet memorable clothes.

I agree for the most part. I also thought they looked too heavy for him to sing and dance in. Seems like it is hard enough to sing and dance through a whole concert without wearing a suit of armor. I liked the way some of them looked like Billie Jean outfit and the black and gold one but I thought some of them were just gaudy. Just my opinion and I respect yours. :D

I think his rehearsal outfits were plenty more "MJ" than half of those over-encrusted crystal holders.

I agree , The clothes MJ wore for rehearsals were his clothes he wore them cause he liked them , not those over done costumes that zaldy designed , that opening outfit was a joke and the shoes LOL , same thing with HTW where he couldint even write the line in proper Arabic , the BOW jacket which had nothing to do with the song , or the MIM outfit which MJ looked really skinny in when he tried it on , the only ones i liked were the Thriller , Billie jean and S.c outfits cause they were close to the originals.

Back