Were the outfits he wore to rehearsals actually cooler than most of his stage outfits?

MattyJam

Guests
I was a bit disappointed when I first heard that they never did a full dress rehearsal, but I swear some of the outfits he wore to the rehearsals are cooler than most of the proposed stage outfits that were meant to be worn at the actual concerts.

He looks so cool performing IJCLY in that weird Balmain jacket:

4080302305_3990a4c322_o.jpg

He also looks really stylish performing Drill / Smooth Criminal in that black jacket and white shirt:

0.jpg

I remember when my mum first saw the movie and she said "that man has the most oddest taste in clothes. Is he colour blind?".

Sorry, but I completely disagree with you -- I thought the stage outfits they designed for the actual show looked awesome! And, um... I actually hate that jacket he wore during IJCSLY. Silly shoulders :p The Drill jacket is ok tho :)

I agree, I think his rehearsal outfits were plenty more "MJ" than half of those over-encrusted crystal holders.

This is my favorite outfit that Michael wore. It's cool and stylish but it's not over the top. It's just right

michael-jackson-this-is-it-rehearsal.jpg

The Drill jacket is so cool,I am in love with that jacket ever since the first time I saw it
And the outfits he wore in Jam/TDCAU ,simply the best

To be honest,I don't like most of the stage outfits they show in "The Gloved One" [except for the Billie Jean's] ,not my taste.

I love the ones he wore on the rehearsals, we got the chance to see what Michael wore when he rehearsed :) , casually dressed, and that was Michael, i love that reality there :)

but some outfits that were designed for the concerts, i wish i would have seen them on Michael... like the one for Man In the Mirror which was the most Michael like one... but that will never happen.

Theres a rumor that Michael was not that happy with the outfits that Zaldy had showed him.

But now we dont know cause is Zaldy word, and we cant ask Michael anymore.

Michael wouldnt have said to Zaldy directly if that is true, Michael might have tell that to someone else. We will never know.

Last edited:
Isn't the Drill Jacket the same that Michael wore for the THIS IS IT Announcement?

I wondered that too.

But doesn't the press conference jacket have an armband on it? I don't think the one he wears in Drill has an armband.

I like his supposed costumes and his regular clothes but his costumes were def cooler.

I loved the outfits' he wore to rehearsals, except the WBSS/TWYMMF Silver Jacket and Orange Trousers. :giggle:

My favourite is that blue, plastic looking thing he wore during the J5 Rehearsal lol. If I saw anybody else wearing it I'd think "WTF is that?" but because it's Michael it looks awesome! :D

But, the clothes for the concert were pretty damn awesome too, the BoW and HTW Jackets looked really cool. And the Billie Jean costume that was gonna light up!

I wondered that too.

But doesn't the press conference jacket have an armband on it? I don't think the one he wears in Drill has an armband.

I think the armbands he wears on a lot of his clothes are detachable, either by Velcro or just sliding them on and off. :)

Oh no, was blown away when I saw some of those outfits.

That Heal The World jacket, was a WORK OF ART! Simply beautiful.....

I wondered that too.

I'm pretty sure you can take the armband off. I remember watching in the extras that it looked like there was a buckle on the armband. The costumes for TII grew on me the more times I saw them. Fell in love with the J5 suit the first time I saw it-its stunning and Michael would have looked amazing. The BJ outfit impressed me but I didn't like the t-shirt they were planning on using for it. It looked like something you'd buy from River Island, I think they should have stuck with plain. The MITM outfit was lovely as well. Still hated the opening costume with the shoulder pads.

Yeah I liked the heal the world jacket as well. But some of the outfits by Zaldy were a bit over the top for me. But I like like simpler design, so who am I? It ws probably right up MJ's alley.

When my brother and I were watching the movie in the theaters though, he was like, I'll get that outfit, that shirt, those pants... It was kinda funny. But the oufits he wore to rehearsals were cool. (Most of them anyway).

I loved the outfits' he wore to rehearsals, except the WBSS/TWYMMF Silver Jacket and Orange Trousers. :giggle:

My favourite is that blue, plastic looking thing he wore during the J5 Rehearsal lol. If I saw anybody else wearing it I'd think "WTF is that?" but because it's Michael it looks awesome! :D

But, the clothes for the concert were pretty damn awesome too, the BoW and HTW Jackets looked really cool. And the Billie Jean costume that was gonna light up!

I think the armbands he wears on a lot of his clothes are detachable, either by Velcro or just sliding them on and off. :)

I love all the clothes he wore during rehearsals, including the orange red pants, they are kinda crazy, but Michael was like that ;D

The blue shirt might be the purple one? am i right?? I LOOVE IT,

Oh and i love the big gold pants with the fedora hat... love it :yes:

I also love the jacket for "the penguin" part its awesome, i love the guy...

I love him, if other person wears that i would say WTF? but Michael, Michael was Michael, ya know ;D

I think the man in the mirror costume was over the top. Singing a meaningfull song like that with expensive crystals all over ur body isnt a good idea..i still prefer the one he wore on the dangerous tour...white shirt wid red shoulder bits...simple but so cool!

I think the man in the mirror costume was over the top. Singing a meaningfull song like that with expensive crystals all over ur body isnt a good idea..i still prefer the one he wore on the dangerous tour...white shirt wid red shoulder bits...simple but so cool!
I think it was Michael style (is the kinda military looking one, may be im wrong), but too many crystals yeah, that Zaldy was exagerating it with the crystals, really.

I really hated the IJCSLY jacket, to me it looked like a womans jacket. I also didn't like a lot of the Zaldy outfits especially the billie jean one but maybe it would have looked different when he had it on.

I really hated the IJCSLY jacket, to me it looked like a womans jacket.

It is a Woman's jacket, a lot of the clothes Michael wore were from women's ranges. ;)

I think the man in the mirror costume was over the top.
I thought that too when i first saw it but thinking about it, I can just imagine how it would have looked on stage, light shining off the diamonds from all different angles as if the L.O.V.E was shining from him. :cheeky:

The blue shirt might be the purple one? am i right?? I LOOVE IT,
Yeah, if you mean the transparent one, then that's it. :)
Michael_Jackson_Rehearsing.jpg

I really do love it, it looks great! :D

To be perfectly honest, I hated Zaldy's outfits for Mike. They were hideous.

I like what he wore during the rehearsal a lot.

Yeah, if you mean the transparent one, then that's it. :)
Michael_Jackson_Rehearsing.jpg

I really do love it, it looks great! :D

I'm sorry but that one looks like a bin liner. Does anyone know what the actual material is? It looks like plastic to me!

Cool. Where did you get that?

I really want to buy the red lion shirt he wore to the rehearsals but it's so expensive...

michaeljacksoncelebrityclothing.com

EXCELLENT quality. seriosly, I can't see any differance between me and Michael's. I love this site :)

Hey guys question. Do you think he was gonna wear the full Smooth Criminal costume for the performance like he did for the vignette & the short film, 'cause it would take a really long time to put it on considering the little time you have to change between musical numbers. If you see his past tours, he would wear the jacket & the fedora over the outfit he wore for the most part of the show & he would change his shoes to the magnetic ones he wore on the Dangerous & HIStory shows. Then again it would seem really weird to see MJ in the vignette in full costume then when he jumps from the screen to the stage, see him in half costume so who knows. I'm also wondering if he was gonna do the lean, cause in the movie they cut the musical interlude in SM where he would do the lean, but again right before they cut the song, you see MJ & the dancers walk to the other side of the stage like they would usually do to stick the shoes in the magnetic locks. Also i read somewhere that the patent for the shoes expired due to failure of paying the maintenance fee but i don't know if this is true or just garbage. What do you guys think of all this?

Hey guys question. Do you think he was gonna wear the full Smooth Criminal costume for the performance like he did for the vignette & the short film, 'cause it would take a really long time to put it on considering the little time you have to change between musical numbers. If you see his past tours, he would wear the jacket & the fedora over the outfit he wore for the most part of the show & he would change his shoes to the magnetic ones he wore on the Dangerous & HIStory shows. Then again it would seem really weird to see MJ in the vignette in full costume then when he jumps from the screen to the stage, see him in half costume so who knows. I'm also wondering if he was gonna do the lean, cause in the movie they cut the musical interlude in SM where he would do the lean, but again right before they cut the song, you see MJ & the dancers walk to the other side of the stage like they would usually do to stick the shoes in the magnetic locks. Also i read somewhere that the patent for the shoes expired due to failure of paying the maintenance fee but i don't know if this is true or just garbage. What do you guys think of all this?

I think that Mike was planning on wearing the full Smooth Criminal costume on stage. My guess as that Michael was going to change into the Smooth Criminal costume while the movie was playing on the screens at the concert.

When he rehearsed Billie Jean and Man in the Mirror in that purple shirt with crystals. I liked that. I liked Michael in jeans lol. I thought the actual outfits for the concerts were fine. I like the billie jean and the nice looking suit he was going to wear. Some of them looked heavy to dance in just from looking at it.

Back