Weekend News Bytes:(Update for April 20, 2008 on post #42)

Re: Weekend News Bytes :Michael is still in talks with the O2 Dome Arena people; article on post #20

People want Michael so bad...

You know,this is just great - it will help the promotion of the new album for sure!

Re: Weekend News Bytes :Michael is still in talks with the O2 Dome Arena people; article on post #20

ok some as THE O2 rumours are back again, here is some info for anyone not from The Uk

website www.theo2.co.uk

THE O2 is a free standing venue which was origionlly THE MILLINIUM DOME, in Greewich, London. The complex cosits of a 20,000 arena, an 11 screen cinema, (VUE cinema) a smaller venue called The Indigo, which holds 2, 000 approx, an exhibition area ( currently where the Tutankhamun exhibition is) and about 25 food outlets.

Its easy to get to as it is on the tube line (Jubliee) 15 minutes from Waterloo, and there are many bus routes to and from central London.

newmap_03.jpg

Last edited:

That is about 15 pounds in English money. That is very cheap.
Tickets were £31.21 each-most were seats at the back of the arena but quite alot of people managed to get seats closer to the stage for that same price. I went to 1 of the Prince concerts there and if the performance is in the round and your quite close to the stage-lower tiers or first section of upper tier you will enjoy the show. From where I was the sound was good. I don't know how the o2 is for a concert with 1 end stage though. The o2 arena has restaurants inside and a cinema and things to keep you entertained before the evening of a concert and is quite easy to get to. I think I'd like to see Michael perform at the o2 more than Wembley because an o2 performance would be a lot more intimate.

Re: Weekend News Bytes for April 18-20, 2008 (update for April 19, 2008 on post #16)

Michael still in talks with the O2 Dome CEO? According to this Guardian article yes. MMMMMM interesting......

http://music.guardian.co.uk/news/story/0,,2273962,00.html

Haven't you got a Dome to go to?

Leonard Cohen will be on Keith's river in July (can't wait to see the all-action giant video screen for that one), and U2, Coldplay and Oasis are all elbowing for residencies this year (Campbell: 'I can confirm some of those names you mention'). With anticipated career-reviving throws of the dice from Whitney Houston and Michael Jackson ('Yes, we are in talks. How does one talk to Michael Jackson? Through Michael Jackson's lawyers'), good times at the O2 will continue to roll, its success all the more remarkable given that it sprang from the loudest trumpeting white elephant of modern times. The former Millennium Dome was an £800m blunder that until 2007 was still costing the taxpayer £190,000 a year to maintain. 'For a marketing man there was no bigger challenge,' says Campbell, 46, as he takes me on a comprehensive tour of the O2's 20-acre site, 'than taking that large white elephant and trying to make it otherwise.'

But there's one more deal to strike. 'If it's the last thing I do,' says Randy Phillips, 'I'm going to get Michael Jackson on that stage.'

Interesting indeed. :popcorn:

Thanks a lot! :flowers:

Re: Weekend News Bytes for April 18-20, 2008 (update for April 19, 2008 on post #16)

It seems as if they are the ones chasing after Michael that the other way round. If MJ des a show their it will give the place the highest prestige possible. It is also quite possible that MJ may be looking at venues and comparing notes as his company are considering expanding into the concert and managerial field.

MJ said the O2 thing was not enough big for him , not enough sensas that's what he said , (xcept in the USA and Japan because of cultural reasons )i don't see mjackson do a concert in another place than a stadium in Europe .

MJ said the O2 thing was not enough big for him , not enough sensas that's what he said , (xcept in the USA and Japan because of cultural reasons )i don't see mjackson do a concert in another place than a stadium in Europe .

When did he say that? Where did you hear it?

Last edited:

I am glad to hear that someone is that determined to make the O2 thing work for MJ. The reason being is that I really do not see him ever touring again. I think that a residency at the O2 is the best hope for fans wanting to see him perform again. It suits him and his situation.

Also, I am pretty sure that Michael Jackson has never said anything about the O2 in regards to it being "too small" or even referring to it as an option.

Michael didnt say that^

I hope Michael does not do anymore stadium shows. They're too big. With a band like Rolling Stones, yeah fair enough, you dont need to be able to see them. But with Michael, his show is visual, he has dancing, effects, magic, all that. To experience MJ as a whole you need to be able to SEE it all. I think doing shows at venues like O2 Arena would be much more in his favour. There is no problem with it. The arenas are still massive. But not TOO big like say Wembley, with what 80,000 people. If your at the back of 80,000 people you cannot see. With he O2 Arena it holds only 20,000 people.. and that is still ALOT! Madison Square Gardens (where he did his 30th Anniversary shows) only holds that many as well.

Last edited:

Michael Jackson mentionings coming up for April 20, 2008..............

Michael Jackson Mentionings for April 20, 2008:

http://www.newsobserver.com/sports/story/1043536.html

Now it looks like a magical move. Jackson darted to daylight over the left side and streaked 75 yards down the sideline for a touchdown, producing the biggest play of Saturday's spring game. Until then, Blue Devils fans knew a lot more about Michael Jackson than they did about Duke's Jackson.

http://www.jamaica-gleaner.com/gleaner/20080420/social/social2.html

To start the competition, the contestants entered the stage in red dresses to the beats of Get Me Bodied by R&B singer Beyoncé, and Rock My World by Michael Jackson. They also individually paraded the stage in [COLOR=orange! important][FONT=Arial,Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif][COLOR=orange! important][FONT=Arial,Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif]swimsuits[/FONT][/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR] and evening wears provided by Mushrooms and Uzuri, respectively. The swimsuits were in the shades of metallic green, red, [COLOR=orange! important][FONT=Arial,Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif][COLOR=orange! important][FONT=Arial,Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif]gold[/FONT][/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR] and blue, while the gowns were on the more risqué side, accentuated with shimmers and sparkles. It was during the individual strut that the favourites became more apparent, from all the shouts and whistles which echoed throughout the venue.

http://www.lvrj.com/real_estate/17953859.html

In 2005, the Jenkins negotiated with Dr. Elias Ghanem's widow, Jody, to purchase their current home in the Red Rock Country Club at Summerlin for $4.1 million.
The home was built for Dr. Ghanem, who was known for decades as "the physician to the stars" in Las Vegas. His patients included Elvis Presley, Liberace, Michael Jackson and President Clinton's mother, Virginia Kelley, who was a frequent Vegas visitor.

http://www.ndtv.com/convergence/ndtv/story.aspx?id=NEWEN20080047402&ch=4/20/2008 2:17:00 PM

While Shah Rukh has emerged as the king of item songs, with films like Kaal and Krazzy 4, Hrithik has recently burned the dance floor with his Michael Jackson look-alike dancing steps in Krazzy 4. Even Salman has put on his dancing shoes in Hello.

http://www.newsday.co.tt/news/0,77297.html

But clear crowd favourite, last year’s winners Silver Stars, did not make the top three. Led and arranged by Edwin Pouchet, the band, costumed in black and red and with sparkling Jackson-esque gloves, startled the audience with the opening notes to their audacious and challenging rendition of Michael Jackson’s ‘Bad’.

A young boy, dressed as Michael Jackson, accompanied the band, drawing tremendous applause from the audience for his moonwalk.

For their efforts, Stars were awarded a tie for fifth place with 259 points. The audience booed when this was announced.

http://www.fosters.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080420/GJNEWS_01/942761519/-1/FOSNEWS

The fifth Annual UNH Relay for Life kicked off at noon, with 18 cancer survivors donning white sashes with "survivor" printed in purple walking the first lap.

D.J. J.D. Plourde played Michael Jackson's "Beat It" as the 18 made the first trip around the Field House before being joined by other participants.

http://www.charlotte.com/274/story/589004.html

"Most of these students have never known of any students in America or American culture outside of an old magazine," Jones said. "Most of the students only know of Michael Jordan, Michael Jackson, Mohammed Ali, Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. and Malcolm X. To experience grass-roots African American culture gives balance to their perspective."

http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/story/0,23739,23570251-3102,00.html

Ethan Shaw, 8, from Ormeau, is a veteran of many years' training, but he was still a bit nervous before the audition, he said. He had been practising on the home tiles and "dancing a lot in my room".
Also competing for a role was Harry Wells, 9, an all-round dancer (and Michael Jackson impersonator) from Brisbane's Camp Hill.

Michael Jackson HIStory for April 20, 2008:

1996 - Michael Jackson's single "They Don't Care About Us" debuted at #4 in the U.K.

2002 - Michael Jackson performed "Dangerous" at the taping of the "American Bandstand 50th Anniversary" TV special. He performed the song a second time because he was not pleased with his performance.

Michael didnt say that^

I hope Michael does not do anymore stadium shows. They're too big. With a band like Rolling Stones, yeah fair enough, you dont need to be able to see them. But with Michael, his show is visual, he has dancing, effects, magic, all that. To experience MJ as a whole you need to be able to SEE it all. I think doing shows at venues like O2 Arena would be much more in his favour. There is no problem with it. The arenas are still massive. But not TOO big like say Wembley, with what 80,000 people. If your at the back of 80,000 people you cannot see. With he O2 Arena it holds only 20,000 people.. and that is still ALOT! Madison Square Gardens (where he did his 30th Anniversary shows) only holds that many as well.

to me there is no problem for an arena , but michael said he wasn't enthusiastic with the O2 , because it is not enough big , he likes big things he said that 1 month ago i will re-find the source don't worry , but that's are not my words but mj's own words .

to me there is no problem for an arena , but michael said he wasn't enthusiastic with the O2 , because it is not enough big , he likes big things he said that 1 month ago i will re-find the source don't worry , but that's are not my words but mj's own words .

Yes please find the source and post it here because I along with others don't remember him saying that because it is all new to us with what he said about the O2 dome.

There has not been ANY Interviews with Michael Jackson except his
Ebony Interview and his Message at NJR. He may have said he likes to
do thing BIG - which he does_ but that most likely is in reference to his
ART - Not the size of a Stadium. As far as I know he has NEVER mentioned
the 02 Arena in anything he has said.

I would love to see ANY source for that _ please :)

Last edited:
the source for those quotes was marcel avram his old concert promoter. he met with mj a couple of months or so ago and gave quotes to a paper he gave an interview with. cant remember the exact quotes but he talked about the 02 and said mj didnt want to do something so oridinary wanted somthing different.

personally i doubt there will be any shows until theres new music and when that will be who knows. we know talks happened months ago but there were reports from ppl who work there that the talks were now over (posted well over a month or so ago ). considering how theres been no further news and talks were happening months ago i guess it was just tentative steps because as i said earlier i doubt anything is gonna happen b4 theres new music etc. but it give the 02 publicity to keep mentioning mjs name.u dont have talks for months and months either the artist wants to do the shows or they dont either dates are set or you may think of doing them at a later date ie when theres new music and end the talks and start them up at a later time

music etc. but it give the 02 publicity to keep mentioning mjs name.

U are so right! It´s all about publicity! And this one is worldwide and even priceless!!!

Oh, gee, Marcel Avram may be expressing his own feelings. This is a man who obviously doesn't want to let Michael go.

I doubt if Michael will work with him again.

Thanks for the news, people.

Regarding the 02 situation, MJ never said this -

but michael said he wasn't enthusiastic with the O2 , because it is not enough big , he likes big things he said that 1 month ago i will re-find the source don't worry , but that's are not my words but mj's own words

Also, that Marcel guy is NOT MJ. He just said what he and MJ talked about but I would not be shocked if MJ never said what Marcel claim he said. The only person I believe when it comes to MJ is MJ or his spokesperson, Raymone. Other than that, I really hope that MJ does the concerts and rock the world. :)

there is no source have fun looking lol

I don't know what Michael has in store for his first appearance/new album release, but I have a feeling he is gonna wanna present himself to the whole world at the same time. And that will have to involve TV. So I think that he is gonna appear somewheres where everybody can see it all at the same time.

Please do :flowers:. I'm with Elusive, the only (indirect) quote from Michael in recent times regarding touring that I ever heard about was one from Marcel Avram. But O2 was never once mentioned, nor do I believe that Michael has ever formally responded to any of these O2 rumors.

---
http://www.musikmarkt.de/site/start/il/1/bid/18509/ridtb/77/pid/1

February 2008

Interview With Marcel Avram

(Rough translation from German)

Michael. I have had a few weeks in America and we have [met] - as friends. He is still bursting with energy, his handshake was. I think he is still a genius, either on stage or in the studio. I venture to say that he has a lot of life not seen, except in the time in which we have worked together. Because he has seen the world and also had fun.

I have spoken to him about his future and asked him whether he again wants to go on tour. He said, "Marcel, but I have done everything in life. What should I add? What else do I need to confirm?" There is no place on this earth where we were not - except for North America. Since we have never played there.

We also spoke of a concert in London, but Michael said it was not unusual for him. He wants something different. That was also previously the case. I can remember that he was once on stage a crash with an unmanned aircraft effect as presented. I just thought that the bear no stage, and he gave me right then.

Whether I do with him another world tour would make? Yes, Michael, I would 'yes'. We have a lot of good times together and experienced for him, I would again. Let us surprise you, as far as whether it comes.
---

Last edited:
Back