Was the BAD Tour perfect ?

SmoothCriminal1995

Proud Member
I love the tour it was my favourite, the MJ magic,the set list, the freedom ,the stage tricks, the rawness, how different each show was ,the costumes, the swagger ,and just the energy and feeling to the show.

But I wish MJ would've sung MITM,SC, TWYMMF and BAD live more often,and I wish there would have been more dancing for the Billie Jean ending, it wasn't as good as later tours (but that's credit to MJ)

Was the tour perfect ? If you do thing it was perfect give your opinions how. If you don't think so say why.

I'll just let the 4.5 million fans who saw the tour speak for themselves....

IMO, the most perfect world Tour of all time. And the one that most deserves a Cinema/High Resolution Home Release out of all three.

It's definitely my favorite MJ tour.
Live vocals and rawness is what I prefer. Other tours are more polished but less natural.
You can really see MJ express himself during the Bad tour. He's enjoying it and simply sharing joy.
Love it, simple as that :)

It was his first world tour on his own. I think it was what he wanted at that time. I loved it and mainly because Michael looked happy. That was great to see.

It was perfect.
I wish he had taken it to Canada, Mexico, South America, and maybe South Africa too. But at least he went to those places on the other 2 tours.

My favorite MJ tour. A lot better than DWT and HWT and most of it was live. Michael's performance/voice, setlist, how the music sounded and costumes were best on Bad Tour.

After he ditched the Victory Tour setlist it was better. I do myself wish he would've perform Bad and Way You Make Me Feel More. I wish we would've atleast got one performance of Speed Demon, Leave Me Alone

Of course it was, I mean it's my favorite tour of all time. I know he was a perfectionist and I'm sure the shows and everything related to it were the best they could be at the time. I only wish he had come to Mexico or at least South America, but yes, he was happy, vibrant, energetic, his vocals were amazing, he was on top of the world. It's just perfect... ugh.

No it wasn't. it was very good. great.
Dangerous was the best.
But none was perfect.

I agree The Dangerous Tour first leg specially (the second one wasn't his fault) had the whole package. Better singing and dancing, the music sounded better, better setlist, the props/illusions were more spectacular. And Michael created the most kick ass entrance for Jam ever. I love the Bad Tour but Michael improved it greatly with Dangerous.

If i had to rank the tours it would go like this for me

1. Bad Tour 1988 and 1989
2. Dangerous Tour 1992
3. Bad Tour 1987 and Dangerous Tour 1993
4. HIStory Tour

How I wish I was one of those 4.5 million. :girl_sigh:

I was, it was incredible. I appreciate it more now when I think of it. I was 14 at the time. I also saw the victory tour which was awesome as well. Bad was better the venue much better than victory. Bad at the palace of Auburn Hills and Victory at the Silverdome.

The second leg yes easily the instrumentation of the songs Billie Jean especially, the dancing the way Thriller opened. Of all Michael's tours its by far my favourite followed by:

Dangerous Tour,1st & 2ND Leg
Bad Tour 1st Leg
HIStory Tour

Bad was okay, but I'm not really sure how I felt about some of his live vocals. Example: Man in the Mirror, really sung it really oddly to be honest.
I like Dangerous the most, there were times,where I couldn't tell when he started singing live.
Plus, better dancing.

I was, it was incredible. I appreciate it more now when I think of it. I was 14 at the time. I also saw the victory tour which was awesome as well. Bad was better the venue much better than victory. Bad at the palace of Auburn Hills and Victory at the Silverdome.

Do you have any pictures of either show?

I Think that the " Real " Bad Tour is between 88-89. Bad Tour 87 was (and it's my opinion) like victory tour.
Man In The Mirror and Smooth Criminal and TWYMMF changed The Bad Tour. Im sad that Michael didn't sing full live SC and MITM

I Think that the " Real " Bad Tour is between 88-89. Bad Tour 87 was (and it's my opinion) like victory tour.
Man In The Mirror and Smooth Criminal and TWYMMF changed The Bad Tour. Im sad that Michael didn't sing full live SC and MITM

TWYMMF was also playback most of the time. It and Smooth Criminal were live in few concerts:

YES in my opinion, the Bad Tour was perfect! Absolutely my favorite tour, I love everything about it:heart: He was just at his best during the Bad era, I love the way he looked, the way he moved, the way he sounded.. but especially his energy, it felt so pure and sincere, he looked so happy! His vocals were amazing and I love the '88 - '89 setlist but although the '87 one was pretty much the same as Victory I just love songs like Lovely One & Things I do for you.. plus I think they were executed a LOT better!

For the ones who are saying the BAD tour is perfect, you're being biased the BAD era is your favorite one, IMHO. You know Michael set the bars higher with Dangerous improving all the things I mentioned earlier. My favorite era HIStory but Dangerous was better vocally by a landslide.

I agree The Dangerous Tour first leg specially (the second one wasn't his fault) had the whole package. Better singing and dancing, the music sounded better, better setlist, the props/illusions were more spectacular. And Michael created the most kick ass entrance for Jam ever. I love the Bad Tour but Michael improved it greatly with Dangerous.

Better setlist? I dont think so.

For the ones who are saying the BAD tour is perfect, you're being biased the BAD era is your favorite one, IMHO. You know Michael set the bars higher with Dangerous improving all the things I mentioned earlier. My favorite era HIStory but Dangerous was better vocally by a landslide.
DWT is great but I don't watch it that often. The music sounded a lot better on Bad Tour and Michael's performance/voice was better. Bad Tour was Michael at his peak in my opinion. :)

I wish MJ would have used the full set list from the Dangerous Tour rehearsals (plus Dirty Diana) that would have been my perfect set list. Back on topic. I think the dancing in the DWT was more evolved but I think the energy was better on the BWT, as for vocals in the rehearsals for DWT MJ was unreal but I can only speak for Bucharest and Buenos Aires, and I think BWT is better, although Beat It Bucharest is the best live performance of it I've ever seen.

Back