Was Michael a Karate black belt?

i know it's not about fighting it's about defending yourself I did karate as a kid & yeah i'd heard about Mj being a black belt in some article somewhere when he turned 40 it was 40 things you never knew about Michael jackson & that was one of them!

btw hello kelzy :) it is me darklight from the mfc (as if you didn't notice lol) *waves* good to see you're on here too

Hey! :huggy: Lol! We're slowly finding each other over here.

Did you (or anyone here) ever watch those Karate Kid movies?? Mr Miyagi was the best! :wild:

Michael did some Ballet. He did some in his Bad Video. I also saw him somewhere next to a ballet bar, or whatever they call it. He did lots of things to improve on his dancing and performing.

Interesting thread! I never knew this stuff about Michael.
He is so fascinating.

Karate is most certainly not about violence, by the way!

Michael did some Ballet. He did some in his Bad Video. I also saw him somewhere next to a ballet bar, or whatever they call it. He did lots of things to improve on his dancing and performing.

Maybe you're thinking about the Scream video`?

Hi darklight ,its me mjjnj your friend from twitter :)
Could you please post link of that article ? 40 things about Michael ... thank you.
I never know before that he interested in Yoga or Karate

oh hello :D

gosh sorry I can't it was 11 years ago when he was 40 & was in a magazine thing (can't remember which) it was to celebrate his birthday

I don't even have the magazine article anymore or i'd scan it sorry :(

Hey! :huggy: Lol! We're slowly finding each other over here.

Did you (or anyone here) ever watch those Karate Kid movies?? Mr Miyagi was the best! :wild:

oh yeah I loved those but not the next karate kid one's I loved the originals & also ones called 3 ninja's kick back (there were other 3 ninja's one I can't remember the names of them though)

yeah we are slowly finding each other on here :huggy: do you know of any other mfcers on here?

I have only found you & neeve so far!

Last edited:
From what I remember, Michael was a fan of Bruce Lee (who did kung fu, not karate).
Michael saw it as being similar to dancing.

Thanks for posting those pics, I was looking for them :happy: :in_love:
I don't know if he's a black belt or not however Michael knows karate moves, don't you remember his kickinngs while he's dancing or Beat It in Bucharest?? ;)

"Karate isn't about fighting. It's about NOT fighting."

I didn't understand what he meant at first, especially whilst I was being taught to throw a mean punch. :lol:
But I worked it out. :cheeky:

:lol: yeah I say that to my students as well! because it's true, you learn martial arts so you can avoid fights, not get into them.

anyway! mj would make a great martial artist, there's no question about that! But how much he actually knew?... who knows?

Actually, Mike earned his belts before the Bad Tour. He incorporated some fo his martial arts moves into his dancing. That's where he high kicks come from. :yes:

What year is that picture where hes getting the belt? Looks like 98 or 99.

Back