Warning: this music may cause pregnancy

Ahh man, 808 drums are so underrated in slow jamz! :D

I don't think the typical infant that's into "crunk music" and 808 drums even realize that Marvin Gaye - Sexual healing has 808 drums in it. ;D
hah but you have to give it to the hip-hop heads, because before they came along and revamped the 808, 909 sounds (barring the kick), it had a stigma of being associated with cheesy 80s pop lol

but that Intro track was the perfect example of the transitional phase between new-jack before it and the stereotypical r&b that came along later in the 90s.

------

and speaking of Marvin and 808s:

in the most unlikely situation.

genius.

Why do I feel embarrassed posting in this thread? :blush:

:lol:

"The Secret Garden" ~ Quincy Jones (w/Al B. Sure, Barry White, El Debarge, and James Ingram).......is one of the sexiest songs ever :wub:

Janet Jackson - Anytime, Anyplace

def. her sexiest song ever

Ready for the World

Teddy Pendergrass

61V9QAGGRXL._SL160_AA115_.jpg

Maxwell - 'Til The Cops Come Knockin'

51NJ559PxcL._SL160_AA115_.jpg

Jon B - Inside

This isn't a song that is REAL quick on the pregnancy, but I love the real romantic music more so than the "oooh girl, I'm gonna get you in bed so quick" songs. And this one does it for me. If you put this song on the stereo...i'm yours, lol!

Plus I just can't get enough of Donny Hathaway's voice. I am in love with it.

Song For You

Okay I think I like maybe 99% of what's been posted :lol:

Let me share my choices (from what hasn't been posted yet)

Tina Turner - Let's Stay Together

I :wub: Tina

I am personally a sucker for the Bee Gees particuarly their later works (Alone, This is where I came in).

Bee Gees - Closer than Close

"I just wanna get closer than close to you..." :trish:

Bee Gees - My Lover's Prayer

I love this song for the ab libs :wub: Robin Gibb :heart:

Oh and let's also add:

Boyz II Men's ever popular "I'll make love to you"
http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=PqU2WXKcUb0

where one comment for this video already has "guranteed to make you pregnant" :lol:

You can never go wrong with some Freddie Jackson:
FreddieJackson.jpg

You Are My Lady:

Rock Me Tonight:

that's one smooth Jackson i've never come across before.....

would love to hear those tracks with some proper Rhodes and live acoustic drums. 80s were hooked on that synthesised Rhodes-like sound.

edit:

Last edited:
Freddie was somewhat big in the 80's. Those two tracks are used quite a bit in movies and commercials and the like, but it doesn't make me love them any less. He's an underrated crooner.

Smokey Robinson -

Ebony Eyes (w/Rick James):

Being With You:

Teddy Pendergrass - Turn Off the Lights

Force MD's - Tender Love :wub:

Jeffrey Osborne singing Love Ballad (Originally by LTD)

2nw0483.jpg

BLACKstreet
Deep

2cdzu52.jpg

INTRO
Come-a-pella

Come Inside
(Piano Man Mix)

as for the 90s this is one of the sexiest songs made at the time imo. and the video is hot too.

a change of pace for some harmony-lacking, rhythm-heavy jungle sex music:

nothing beats the Middle-Eastern tablah.

images

R. Kelly - Half On A Baby (Since we're talking about causing pregnancy and all :D)

images

Homie, Lover, Friend (Lookin' For My Homie Mix)

^ ahh yeah, Bob, the master of 90s quiet storm. this is my favourite track of his, and very appropriate for this thread:

1zam8g.jpg

R. Kelly
It Seems Like You're Ready

Straying away from the slow jam rnb for a sec...

If a guy ever plays this song for me, good lord help me because I will be gettin a baby that night!

"Everyday" - by Jamiroquai. Listen to how that bass guitar is almost roaring. You wanna get lucky? Play this song when your female friend is around. Lol! Did I just say that?

Back