"Wanna Be Startin' Something" on the Sony commercial

Re: William Orbit working on Michael & Freddie Mercury duet

^^ yes i saw the commercial during the Grammy too!

Best performance of the night will go to Michael Jackson's "Wanna Be Startin' Something" on the Sony commercial. #GRAMMYs #Grammys2014

@mjsunifc oh yeah I was like awesome!! Wanna be startin something in a commercial #mj#MJFam #mjfan#GRAMMYs#awesome

S. J. Martin, Ph.D. ?@MediaAnthro
MJ's "Wanna Be Startin' Something" played in Sony commercial during #Grammys celebrating company's ubiquity in media industries #touche

Last edited:
Cool, but then again, yet more Thriller stuff, giving MJ's BETTER work less credit. It's always Thriller.

Cool, but then again, yet more Thriller stuff, giving MJ's BETTER work less credit. It's always Thriller.

couldn't agree more, BAD is the greatest record of all time. it's incomparable! withholds so many hits, it's stunning.. nothing will ever come close. Mature artistry at it's definitive best, being incorporated with his visionary short films & record breaking world tour, purely perfect.

@KeyaMorgan
The #Grammys will never be the same without Michael Jackson.
I am heading there in a few hours, but know that music has lost its King.

One of Michael's fun moment during the #Grammys :
http://t.co/kBKYSpduk7
Be7nPPPCEAAqBmf.jpg

miss him...

Best performance of the night will go to Michael Jackson's "Wanna Be Startin' Something" on the Sony commercial. #GRAMMYs #Grammys2014

@mjsunifc oh yeah I was like awesome!! Wanna be startin something in a commercial #mj#MJFam #mjfan#GRAMMYs#awesome

S. J. Martin, Ph.D. ?@MediaAnthro
MJ's "Wanna Be Startin' Something" played in Sony commercial during #Grammys celebrating company's ubiquity in media industries #touche

This was cool. Probably the start of something. Getting everyone's attention on his music. It's funny as soon as the music came on everyone in my house just froze and starred at the TV. Hypnotic MJ is,even the dog was watching! Hail to the KING!

I think the song selection is due to the "Start something" line in the commercial.

I think the song selection is due to the "Start something" line in the commercial.
You're probably right,

But still, wish his later albums got more credits in the mainstream media.

Spike Lee :giggle: :39 The only speaking line in the commercial
"You can play Playstation on your own time, we're trying to shoot a movie here"

Fun fact: the 1984 Grammy awards is still the one with the highest ratings ever. Wonder why. :D

couldn't agree more, BAD is the greatest record of all time. it's incomparable! withholds so many hits, it's stunning.. nothing will ever come close. Mature artistry at it's definitive best, being incorporated with his visionary short films & record breaking world tour, purely perfect.

You are so right! And until this day I still wonder why he didn't win any Grammy in 1988... He was nominated for 5 Grammy's... He won none! NONE! No Grammy for his best album ever... Just 1 Grammy in 1991 for Leave Me Alone. I'm glad that they praised his 1988 Grammy performance as the best performance at the Grammy's.

Would have been great if they used, dirty diana as the final scene, a two sec clip from Dirty Diana live, the opening moment with his hand on the mic. They could have started with the mic, Sony written on it, then some cgi trickery to the opening beats to Dirty Diana.

Great that they used an MJ song! :-D
I just wish that they had shown a glimpse of Michael (at least). I had expected to see that when they said "music".

Such a pleasant surprise during the Grammys especially since MJ's Grammy days were before I was born. Interesting my favorite "performances" of the Grammys were via commercials: this one and Janelle Monae's Target commercials.

Great commercial!

This was cool. Probably the start of something. Getting everyone's attention on his music. It's funny as soon as the music came on everyone in my house just froze and starred at the TV. Hypnotic MJ is,even the dog was watching! Hail to the KING!

Lol! Awesome :D

I haven't watched the Grammys since the 90s.

^^Thriller may had won 8 Grammys but remember Michael received the 9th one for The E.T. Storybook. Michael still holds the record for winning more Grammys in one night.

^
no, was 8.
7 for Thriller and 1 for E.T.
http://www.grammy.com/nominees/search?artist=&title=&year=1983&genre=All

"Jackson made history in 1983 when he became the first artist to win eight GRAMMYs in one night. "
http://www.grammy.com/news/the-grammys-biggest-winners-the-80s

but the important thing is WBSS is on commercial. I like it a lot.

Thriller won 8 Grammys. What you probably missed is Best Engineered Recording - Non-Classical to Bruce Swedien.

So Snow White luvs Peter Pan is right. Thriller won 8 Grammys that night + Michael won for E.T. as well.

It's correct to say that "Jackson made history in 1983 when he became the first artist to win eight GRAMMYs in one night." because the 8th was won by Bruce Swedien, but Thriller as an album did win 8 Grammys. Plus MJ won for ET as well.

ok, then I'm sorry Snow White luvs Peter Pan .

Thanks Respect for the info.

Carlos Santana "just" tied the record.

^
no, was 8.
7 for Thriller and 1 for E.T.
http://www.grammy.com/nominees/search?artist=&title=&year=1983&genre=All

"Jackson made history in 1983 when he became the first artist to win eight GRAMMYs in one night. "
http://www.grammy.com/news/the-grammys-biggest-winners-the-80s

but the important thing is WBSS is on commercial. I like it a lot.

Thriller won 8 Grammys. What you probably missed is Best Engineered Recording - Non-Classical to Bruce Swedien.

So Snow White luvs Peter Pan is right. Thriller won 8 Grammys that night + Michael won for E.T. as well.

It's correct to say that "Jackson made history in 1983 when he became the first artist to win eight GRAMMYs in one night." because the 8th was won by Bruce Swedien, but Thriller as an album did win 8 Grammys. Plus MJ won for ET as well.

why isn't this posted on his facebook so more ppl could see it.

Back