Vanity Fair Web Exclusive: 'I'm With Michael' by Todd Gray

:wub:
I giggled a bit at the description considering the fact that in that Disneyland video, Michael was skipping and prancing around with Mickey and the gang.:lol:
Anyway, *faints at the picture*.
LOL
:rollin:

I preordered this book and received it earlier this month.. Let me just say that if you are a fan of the Destiny/Triumph era like me, then this is the book to get. I look at it every night and notice something new each night... It's just precious.... Hell I wish the book had more pictures...lol
*sigh*
:wub: how beautiful is our mike
:yes::wub::wub::wub:

I ordered this book and I still haven't got it ( deep sigh). I'm supposed to receive it at the end of November and I can't wait until it gets here. The pictures look wonderful! He looks so truly happy and carefree there ( it's a good thing we don't know what the future holds so we can enjoy the moment and live now)

I've met Todd Gray, and we had some conversations. I found him to be a personable and kind man. This was around the time of the trial, and he had many kind words to say about Michael. I'd recommend buying the book, for sure.

Wahoo, my mum ordered this for me as a Christmas gift today! :D

I went to Barnes & Noble just 2 days ago to find it. They didn't have it in stock. Disappointed, but still determined to get it, I asked them do they know when they will get the "Before He Was King"?. The lady looked into the itenerary on the computer and found it. She said she will order it for me and it should come by or before the end of this week.

Well, today, I looked in my email and received the message the BOOK HAS ARRIVED and is awaiting for me to pick it up. Even though I have to November 25th to pick up the book, I'm getting it TODAY. YAY!! I can't wait!

Dang, he looks good. I have always loved MJ in that picture when he toured the "thrimph" tour with the white glitter pants and red corvet printed shirt.

preordered this book and received it earlier this month.. Let me just say that if you are a fan of the Destiny/Triumph era like me, then this is the book to get. I look at it every night and notice something new each night... It's just precious.... Hell I wish the book had more pictures...lol------------- So true.

I love those stories by genuine people who have worked with him! The pictures are amazing.

Quite frankly, I am thrilled to see, finally, some decent literature coming out on Michael. I get so angry everytime I go in a Borders and all you can see is crap written by idiots who never even met the man. So sickening. His artistry and true persona needs to be published and put on the shelves so the general public can get to know and see the real man. :yes:

This book, I will have no problem buying. I just hope the bookstores take their self-imposed ban off the positive publishings. If not, there's always Amazon.

:yes: yep i shall look forward to getting this book

I got this book today :) So excited to finally get it!
Its really nice & has some cute stories in it, well presented too.

I received the Before He Was King book by Todd Gold on Monday. It's an amazing book, infact the best photo book I've ever seen on Michael because of the high quality, and candid photos that really capture Michael's energy and magic on stage, and mystic and gentleness off stage.

Thanks for posting!! I love the pictures :D Michael looks so gorgeous :wub:

GORGEOUS PHOTOGRAPHS!!!!!!
The one with Michael studying Stevie Wonder in the studio is a classic, I have to print this one out in fine paper and frame it! Stevie Wonder is a big idol of mine and Ive seen him live 2 times. Its the closest I will ever get to Michael. I love them both equally.

The book is pretty good, but it could have been twice its size,imo. There are at least 4 sessions in there that I KNOW have LOTS of A-MAzing pix. Maybe he sold the rights to those and that's why they aren't in the book. Not sure, but I was hoping to find more pix of the following (my fave photo sessions):

The session with the t-shirt and jeans shot during the "magic hour".

The session of MJ in the red and black striped shirt with French writing on it.

The session of Triumph concert where Michael's wearing the tuxedo.

The session of MJ in the blue sweater and blue jeans. I have 2 REALLY beautiful close-up pix from that session but the edges are kinda iffy and it's magazine quality. I was hoping for a large HQ replica. If I can figure out my old log-in info for an old photo account :doh: I'll share them here.

Loved the stories he had to share for some of them as well.

Got the pix from the old account :sorcerer:

mj-1.png

The two at the bottom are in the blue sweater...but that part of the pic got cut off when I scanned; was just learning how to scan stuff back then so oops. :fear:

Web-mj-4.jpg

mj-1.png

The two at the bottom are in the blue sweater...but that part of the pic got cut off when I scanned; was just learning how to scan stuff back then so oops. :fear:

Web-mj-4.jpg

Wow, they really are beautiful. :wub: Thanks for posting them!

Thank you so much for posting:) The pictures are really great:wild:
So handsome!!

mj-1.png

Web-mj-4.jpg

Gorgeous! thank you so much for those :D these have made my day!

Back