Update On Michael Jackson Garden at Dance Hall of Fame

CherubimII

Proud Member
Dance Museum to Honor Jackson

SARATOGA SPRINGS u Plie. Pirouette. Grand jeté. Moonwalk.
By THOMAS DIMOPOULOS-tdimopoulos@poststar.com The Post-Star | Posted: Thursday, August 12, 2010 11:19 pm |

Michael Jackson will be inducted posthumously into the National Museum of Dance and Hall of Fame in an induction ceremony on Sunday.

Jackson, whose name will stand alongside previous inductees like Fred Astaire and Bob Fosse inside of the museum’s white-columned marble foyer, also will be honored by a garden of remembrance that will permanently be sited on the right side of the museum entryway.

Jackson was a curious selection to some dance enthusiasts initially, said Sarah Hall Weaver, assistant director at the museum.

“Some people raised their eyebrows at first,” said Weaver, who also designed the Jackson exhibit inside the museum.

The more the King of Pop’s induction into the dance hall of fame was considered, however, the more there was a realization that Jackson was an appropriate choice, both for his talents and for the way he inspired the masses related to the world of dance, Weaver explained.

“If I showed Balanchine to the person on the street, they would look at me like I was a crazy person,” she said with a laugh, seated at her desk behind a pile of cut-out designs shaped in the form of so many single white gloves that will be used for one of the exhibits.

“If you showed Michael Jackson’s choreography — everybody would know who that is,” Weaver said.

Inside the museum this week, staff members were putting some last-minute touches on interactive exhibits that relive iconic moments from the era of the Jackson 5 to a recreation of the lit up sidewalk of “Billy Jean.”

Weaver said it is all part of the weekend events that she said be filled with “fun shenanigans.”

A gala will be held Saturday night, and the hall of fame induction ceremony will take place Sunday.

Michele Riggi, gala chairwoman, confirmed Thursday afternoon that Marlon Jackson will be attending this weekend’s events and that fellow Jackson 5 member, Jermaine Jackson, was a possibility.

Riggi said she spoke to Katherine Jackson, Michael’s mother, who told Riggi that her son would have proud to be inducted into the national dance museum.

On the city’s west side, Rena Zeppetelli was busy at work on a Michael Jackson project inside her floral shop on Beekman Street.

Zeppetelli said she was contacted a few weeks ago by a Jackson fan in Lake Placid who asked her to design a garden that would appropriately honor Jackson.

The garden, which is being funded by Jackson fans across the globe, will become a permanent fixture in front of the National Museum of Dance and Hall of Fame.

Zeppetelli said fans have donated thousands of dollars for the garden, which is in the process of being put together and will be unveiled at the museum in late September.

“It will be a beautiful perennial garden with a beautiful water feature,” she said.

The garden, in memory of Jackson, will reflect the things that he loved and that were a part of his life, Zeppetelli said, revealing few details of how the garden will appear.

She did say, however, that she will provide a sketch of the garden to the museum this weekend and that those attending the induction ceremony on Sunday will be able to view the garden’s preliminary design.

Few tickets remain for either weekend event at the museum.

The gala, will be held 7 p.m. Saturday. Tickets start at $300 and include admission to the induction ceremony.

Tickets specifically for the induction ceremony, which will take place 5 p.m. Sunday, are $50. The gala is the museum’s biggest fundraiser of the year.

For more information, call 584-2225.

ASIDE

I have been wanting to read an update about how the Garden was coming along.
I am so HAPPY!!!
giveheart.gif

This is WONDERFUL NEWS!!!!
girldance.gif

Thanks to Kaymon on the KOP for this wonderful find.

http://poststar.com/lifestyles/today/article_91feef8c-a689-11df-81de-001cc4c002e0.html

Please, don't bury this information inside another thread.
The fans need to see it.
bestfriends.gif

Last edited:
Jackson was a curious selection to some dance enthusiasts initially, said Sarah Hall Weaver, assistant director at the museum.

“Some people raised their eyebrows at first,” said Weaver, who also designed the Jackson exhibit inside the museum.

..How is putting the greatest dancer of all time in there a "curious selection" or "eyebrow raising"?.. :doh:

^^ yeah, really, eh??? I wonder sometimes about people...:scratch:

Last edited:
Thanks for posting. I was curious about the garden. I am glad I donated. It's nice to have something permanent monument for Michael, especially if it's in the form of a garden. I think Michael will be smiling at this garden from Heaven :wub:

..How is putting the greatest dancer of all time in there a "curious selection" or "eyebrow raising"?.. :doh:

that's what I'd like to know as well...:scratch:

I can't wait to see the design plans for the new
Michael Jackson Garden.
After the ceremony on Sunday, we should learn even more details.
Maybe the garden will look something like this: :wild:
Water-Features-Small-Garden-5.jpg
rawwks.gif

How do you envision the Dance Hall of Fame Michael Jackson Garden?
welove.png

Last edited:
Thank you for the update..Michael deserves this....how could anyone want to overlook him for such a thing..Michael belongs being honored for his dance..the man was a genius....he would love that garden..

People who have been brainwashed by the tabloids would think like that

Maybe the Garden will have a water fountain like this.

It reminds me of these statues at Neverland.
doc4a4df295a86d47540578984.jpg

Last edited:
I see we collected $8000 now, and she said the garden would cost $28000-48000 (including the bronze statues of playing children). I think, I'll donate again.

I see we collected $8000 now, and she said the garden would cost $28000-48000 (including the bronze statues of playing children). I think, I'll donate again.
It will be a small donation; but I'm going to donate again, also. :cheeky:

I believe they mean because Michael is known to the general public as a 'POP' Artist and that his dance is like a person at the level of a person whose 'trained' at dance for their lifetime. So really it is a huge complaiment.

ajax-loader.gif

Update From Rena's Fine Flowers:
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Sarat...46112#!/pages/Renas-FIne-Flowers/208770746112

MJ Fans, ok so i have something to share with you. I want everyone to know that no matter how much you give you are so appreciated. This project is a gift from our hearts. Everything I give towards this garden with love in my heart. I would like to share with you that we have received one donation from someone who lov...ed Michael who was able to give more. She wants to remain anonymous but she has very graciously sent us a donation of $20,000. She said she has never done anything like this before, but for Michael she just had to do this.

No matter how much you gave you gave your heart
inlove.gif
var _tbdef = {user: 'mjjcommunity'}; (function(){ var d = document;var tbjs = d.createElement('script'); tbjs.type = 'text/javascript'; tbjs.async = true; tbjs.src = 'http://tweetboard.com/tb.js'; var tbel = d.getElementsByTagName('body')[0]; if(!tbel) tbel = d.getElementsByTagName('head')[0]; tbel.appendChild(tbjs);})();
var _tbdef = {user: 'mjjcommunity'}; (function(){ var d = document;var tbjs = d.createElement('script'); tbjs.type = 'text/javascript'; tbjs.async = true; tbjs.src = 'http://tweetboard.com/tb.js'; var tbel = d.getElementsByTagName('body')[0]; if(!tbel) tbel = d.getElementsByTagName('head')[0]; tbel.appendChild(tbjs);})(); and that is everything because as Michael said,
"It's all for love~L.O.V.E."

So now the total is about $29,000. Great job! Keep them coming so we can get this garden planted this fall! Thanks again to all of you.
:wild: :cheers:

Designs for the
Michael Jackson Garden at the Dance Hall of Fame

wild.gif
veryhappy.gif
inlove.gif
rawwks.gif
girldance.gif
welove.png

Donations can be made at this link:
https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/webscr?cm...95971fa2777c8ff[/url]

Last edited:

ajax-loader.gif

Someone gave a $20,000 donation?! Wow, now that is simply amazing!
Yes, but this is so TRUE:
No matter how much you gave you gave your heart var _tbdef = {user: 'mjjcommunity'}; (function(){ var d = document;var tbjs = d.createElement('script'); tbjs.type = 'text/javascript'; tbjs.async = true; tbjs.src = 'http://tweetboard.com/tb.js'; var tbel = d.getElementsByTagName('body')[0]; if(!tbel) tbel = d.getElementsByTagName('head')[0]; tbel.appendChild(tbjs);})(); var _tbdef = {user: 'mjjcommunity'}; (function(){ var d = document;var tbjs = d.createElement('script'); tbjs.type = 'text/javascript'; tbjs.async = true; tbjs.src = 'http://tweetboard.com/tb.js'; var tbel = d.getElementsByTagName('body')[0]; if(!tbel) tbel = d.getElementsByTagName('head')[0]; tbel.appendChild(tbjs);})(); and that is everything because as
Michael said,"It's all for love~L.O.V.E."

Someone gave a $20,000 donation?! Wow, now that is simply amazing!
WOW!!! Was it Lisa????????????

sorry, sorry, that was a joke!! :ph34r: :pardon:

Seriously, though, that's very generous of her whoever she is.... I am glad people are donating. The garden is going to be so beautiful!

Last edited:
WOW!!! Was it Lisa????????????

sorry, sorry, that was a joke!! :ph34r: :pardon:

Seriously, though, that's very generous for her whoever she is.... I am glad people are donating. The garden is going to be so beautiful!

I hope not...It would all be sunflowers! I hope they plant it so it is beautiful all year round ( like Michael :D)

I would like to share with you that we have received one donation from someone who lov...ed Michael who was able to give more. She wants to remain anonymous but she has very graciously sent us a donation of $20,000. She said she has never done anything like this before, but for Michael she just had to do this.
20,000???? WOW! :eek:

Thank you for posting the proposed diagram of Michael's Garden.
This will be an ongoing project and any donation is welcome.
The anonymous benefactor is so generous! What a wonderful
gift....Since Michael's birthday is fast approaching, contributing
to this effort might be a personal way to wish him a Happy
Birthday.

Wow, wonder who it was?

I have a feeling it's Lisa....The fact that this woman wants to stay anonymous.... After the whole thing with the sunflowers, I can see why since Lisa knows she is extremely hated by many people. Any little thing she does towards Michael now becomes a tabloid sensation.

First person that popped into my mind was Lisa as well. Elizabeth maybe, although not sure she keeps as up to date with matters such as this, but she could. Then there's Diana Ross, again, not sure how closely she follows the entire thing, although being named as a potential guardian, maybe she does.

Actually, there's quite a few potential donators that are financially secure and could have done this, but my first gut feeling was Lisa.

Just thought of another possibility, although not sure she has that much liquid money readily available, Janet? Gladys Knight perhaps? Even Madonna, she could definitely afford it and feel the desire to do such a thing anonymously, but does she keep up with things like this?

Last edited:
It really doesn't matter who donated the money, it was a lovely gesture and they want to remain annoymous so lets not speculate. I cant wait to see what the garden looks like, I bet it will be stunning.

First person that popped into my mind was Lisa as well. Elizabeth maybe, although not sure she keeps as up to date with matters such as this, but she could. Then there's Diana Ross, again, not sure how closely she follows the entire thing, although being named as a potential guardian, maybe she does.

Actually, there's quite a few potential donators that are financially secure and could have done this, but my first gut feeling was Lisa.

Just thought of another possibility, although not sure she has that much liquid money readily available, Janet? Gladys Knight perhaps? Even Madonna, she could definitely afford it and feel the desire to do such a thing anonymously, but does she keep up with things like this?

Hmm yeah you're right, could be any of those. Don't know why but I have a feeling about Madonna.

I think all the people who have donated to Michael Jackson's Garden
are just "fans" :8-25-03angel_not: who are donating with love from the
"Bottom of Their Hearts". :hug:

Seriously, it was Lisa, I hope it's not a "festival of sunflowers." :bugeyed :doh: But it was a lot of money. In my opinion, I would have donated this large sum of money to some charity that Michael supported it. :yes: For me it would the right thing to do. :fear: I'm sure Michael would be much happier.

But... Ok donate 20,000 for a garden. :unsure:

Last edited:
Seriously, it was Lisa, I hope it's not a "festival of sunflowers." :bugeyed :doh: But it was a lot of money. In my opinion, I would have donated this large sum of money to some charity that Michael supported it. :yes: For me it would the right thing to do. :fear:

But... Ok donate 20,000 for a garden. :unsure:

It's very possible that a person that could afford $20,000 towards a garden of this nature, and at the Dance Hall of Fame, has also contributed anonymously to other charitable causes that Michael supported. The heart is capable of amazing things when it is genuinely moved. And, we are hearing about this from the person reportedly in charge of the idea, not from the person that donated. It could be just a way of showing the strength of Michael's love in the entire "fan" community.

Be it $2, $200, or $20,000, the thought and remembrance/respect can be equal.

:blush:

Last edited:
It's very possible that a person that could afford $20,000 towards a garden of this nature, and at the Dance Hall of Fame, has also contributed anonymously to other charitable causes that Michael supported. The heart is capable of amazing things when it is genuinely moved.

Be it $2, $200, or $20,000, the thought and remembrance/respect can be equal.

:blush:
Well, people do whatever they want with their money and in this case, that person certainly is a millionaire. But I personally would never donate an amount so high (20,000) to make a garden. -_- I prefer to use this large amount of money to honor Michael in another way, by donating to any institution that he supported. That's what I'd do if I had this pile of money. -_-

I do not see no problem donating to the garden a value considered normal for this type of thing: 10.00 / 15.00 / 20.00 or any other value....... BUT 20.000.... >>>> :eek: :doh: :bugeyed

BUT.... Ok!

:fear:

Last edited:
Back