UPDATE: Michael's possible resting place in Holly Terrace

Re: Michael's possible resting place in Holly Terrace

Everyone in the media was reporting that Michael would be put near "The Last Supper" stained glass window. I think that was a diversion.

But I posted a thread yesterday that stated that Extra online had said that Michael would be buried IN a hidden monument made of marble and mortar. This sarcophagus must be that hidden monument.

You know what else I like about this location is him being in a cove with the three beautiful stained glass windows. Michael will always have the sunlight shining in on him. I've always felt horrible when he says that he is allergic to the sun after he was diagnosed with vitiligo. In his youth, he could freely play, run, swim outside in the sun to his heart's desire. But as an adult, he always had to be in the shade or shadows so that he doesn't get burned.

So the way I look at this final resting place is that he will always have eternal sunlight shining on him.

that was beautiful! thank you for this!

Oh come on, they already know.

Forest Lawn's policy is not to reveal the location of anyone's grave/crypt - but at the same time the Jackson's tell us it's Holly Terrace, which according to Lisa's blog is the only place that has space in the Great Mausoleum.

And there's no way that someone is breaking into the Great Mausoleum. There is super tight security there, cameras monitor the inside and outside of the complex. They have motion detectors and alarms everywhere.

Besides, Michael's body will be safe from graverobbers. After he was interred, they filled the sacrophagus with mortar.

Anyone who has a family member interred in Holly Terrace will be able to see Michael all the way at the other end of the hall, bathed in sunlight.

But Forest Lawn will never tell and neither will Michael's family or relatives.

I'm not too surprised if every one invited to the funeral had to sign a non-disclosure agreement.

:angel:

careful guys, media come on here, we might be telling them where michael is really buried.

i don't like this ...they kept it secret for a reason. we're not gonna be able to go and see him so y all the detective work? i want to respect the fam. decision and just let it be.

At least it settles the debate of where Michael's laid to rest.

Even if we can't visit him - we can be happy that Micahel is at a place that is beautiful, serene, ornate and full of light and not those wall crypts.

i don't like this ...they kept it secret for a reason. we're not gonna be able to go and see him so y all the detective work? i want to respect the fam. decision and just let it be.

I personally think he should have been cremated, and i really dont think he would have wanted to be put there, i mean look at it.. morbid or what?! But its by the by because really he isnt there at all.

I don't think it's morbid, but then again I was born & raised in the Catholic Church so seeing tombs/crypts in chapels/churches is not a big deal for me.

The sarcophagus reminds me of an Egyptian Pharaoh's sarcophagus, but instead of granite, it's made of marble.

I personally think he should have been cremated, and i really dont think he would have wanted to be put there, i mean look at it.. morbid or what?! But its by the by because really he isnt there at all.

i dont even wanna know. unless they wanna tell us

I don't think it's morbid, but then again I was born & raised in the Catholic Church so seeing tombs/crypts in chapels/churches is not a big deal for me.

The sarcophagus reminds me of an Egyptian Pharaoh's sarcophagus, but instead of granite, it's made of marble.

One of my favorite things to do when I travel around the world (most notably London, France and Italy) is to visit cathedrals. Some are so beautiful and some are gloomy. But I too have always seen tombs and crypts when visiting these world famous churches and I honestly get a feeling of awe because I am looking at tombs of very important people.

I think that's why I find this location and the great mausoleum in general interesting. First it's a beautiful location for someone that changed the world and history. Second, I didn't even know such a place existed in southern california and I've been there many, many times.

But just want to say that i respect everybody's opinions on how they feel about this. For me, it's just the perfect place.

Everyone in the media was reporting that Michael would be put near "The Last Supper" stained glass window. I think that was a diversion.

But I posted a thread yesterday that stated that Extra online had said that Michael would be buried IN a hidden monument made of marble and mortar. This sarcophagus must be that hidden monument.

You know what else I like about this location is him being in a cove with the three beautiful stained glass windows. Michael will always have the sunlight shining in on him. I've always felt horrible when he says that he is allergic to the sun after he was diagnosed with vitiligo. In his youth, he could freely play, run, swim outside in the sun to his heart's desire. But as an adult, he always had to be in the shade or shadows so that he doesn't get burned.

So the way I look at this final resting place is that he will always have eternal sunlight shining on him.

Beautiful.

He can now run and play in the sunlight with the other angels now and for all eternity untill his hearts desire with no more worrying about his skin,no nothing just free to play like the child he is. :wub:

Beautiful.

He can now run and play in the sunlight with the other angels now and for all eternity untill his hearts desire with no more worrying about his skin,no nothing just free to play like the child he is. :wub:

YOUR SIGGY!!!!

:dropdead:

:hysterical:

Beautiful.

what a beautiful post. thank you :) and your siggy! :hysterical:

i really wish he would have been cremated instead. people i've known who have been buried i get creeped out by it forever, but those who have been cremated i just think about their spirit. just my feeling. :scratch:

i really wish he would have been cremated instead. people i've known who have been buried i get creeped out by it forever, but those who have been cremated i just think about their spirit. just my feeling. :scratch:

I get creeped out if someone gets cremated. :S

I am glad he was NOt cremated. To me, cremation is also like you have been wipe from the face of the earth. I feel some comfort in MJ not being buried underground. To me, this place is like a house and MJ is in there sleeping. It is good to be able to go to the body and see it intact.

I am glad he was NOt cremated. To me, cremation is also like you have been wipe from the face of the earth. I feel some comfort in MJ not being buried underground. To me, this place is like a house and MJ is in there sleeping. It is good to be able to go to the body and see it intact.

I read somewhere on this board that MJ said in an interview a long time ago that he wanted to be cremated & his ashes released on a remote mountain.

But I LOVE that MJ is very much like an Egyptian Pharaoh, in a grand majestic tomb & NOT underground or in a wall crypt.

And the best part is, he's laying underneath those majestic sunlit windows which depict "The Ascension" - truly fitting & spectacular.

From Holly terrace's entrance doors, you can see MJ's sarcophagus at the other end of the hall.

Marias21 posted her visit to FL here:

http://www.mjjcommunity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=78186

I like the Idea of Michael laying like Lenin in a mausoleum... and fans could see him, and pay homage to Him.... for hundreds of years...

I like the Idea of Michael laying like Lenin in a mausoleum... and fans could see him, and pay homage to Him.... for hundreds of years...

Have you ever seen a documentary about Lenin and what they have to do with his "body" so people can see him? It's not even a body anymore. It's disgusting really. I would hate to see the same happen to Michael.

Have you ever seen a documentary about Lenin and what they have to do with his "body" so people can see him? It's not even a body anymore. It's disgusting really. I would hate to see the same happen to Michael.

Oh - that will NOT happen to MJ.

According to what I've read, the sarcophagus was filled with mortar, so unless someone jackhammers the sarcophagus open, you won't be able to open it.

Michael is resting peacefully & yes, he can be seen - but he is protected and safe.

this is not a thread I should of wondered into....I am not strong enough for all this talk about his remains...:cry:

Agree with everything you say!

When I saw this photo - I gasped. And that Michael's resting under the "Ascension" give it more meaning.

It has alot of meaning for me too...it is so beautiful to know

"After the ceremony, I was told by eyewitnesses that once the funeral was over -- which was a loving celebration of Michael's life -- no one from his family opted to watch his casket be entombed. (This is not an unusual practice.) "

WHAT?!

Wait a minute....NO FAMILY MEMBER MADE SURE MICHAEL WAS ENTOMED IN THE WALL OF THAT MASEULEUM? :shock:

I were a family member, I would make damn sure he was securely put in there, airtight secure. I know it must have been painful, but if you are burying Michael Jackson or any famous person, you make very well sure that person is put where that person needs to be "buried" . How do they know a personel from that place didn't steal his body? I wouldn't put it past anyone. Famous bodies have been stolen before. One example, Graham Parson's. I can't fathom why they didn't make sure he was put in there, seeing how strict they were as not letting fans go near his casket or even visit him.

Listen to the Botech tapes, Michael wanted to be buried near children...I guess nobody granted him that wish

Listen to the Botech tapes, Michael wanted to be buried near children...I guess nobody granted him that wish

Ummm... there is Babyland in FL Glendale - which is an area shaped like a heart for newborns & children, which is within the FL Glendale grounds, not too far from the Great Mausoleum.

From what I read, immediate family chose not to see, but others did to make sure FL staff did their job.

WHAT?!

Wait a minute....NO FAMILY MEMBER MADE SURE MICHAEL WAS ENTOMED IN THE WALL OF THAT MASEULEUM? :shock:

I were a family member, I would make damn sure he was securely put in there, airtight secure. I know it must have been painful, but if you are burying Michael Jackson or any famous person, you make very well sure that person is put where that person needs to be "buried" . How do they know a personel from that place didn't steal his body? I wouldn't put it past anyone. Famous bodies have been stolen before. One example, Graham Parson's. I can't fathom why they didn't make sure he was put in there, seeing how strict they were as not letting fans go near his casket or even visit him.

Ummm... there is Babyland in FL Glendale - which is an area shaped like a heart for newborns & children, which is within the FL Glendale grounds, not too far from the Great Mausoleum.

In that case it's great, but I wonder if Michael was referring to living children, like a kindergarten???

yes, i feel the same......

OH NO! THANK GOD, they didn't do this to Michael.

And Lenin should be put to rest as well, if you ask me.

Back