Unpopular opinions

Quincy Jones gets way to much credit for Thriller. I'm not saying he doesn't deserve credit but in my opinion people like Bruce Swedien and Rod Temperton deserve more praise and attention than Quincy

*Runs*

R.Kelly is the last great R&B artist
I'd say it was Marvin Gaye, or maybe El DeBarge. I don't like R. Kelly's stuff except for that 1st song he came out with "She's Got That Vibe". He can't sing to me, I'd rather listen to Bob Dylan. :p His stuff for other people like Aaliyah is alright because his voice isn't on it, lol.
cross over was the worst thing to happen to R&B music
That was the whole point of Motown, at least in the 60s. That's why there were other labels like Stax & Chess that appealed to the black audience more and rarely sold to the mainstream.

Quincy Jones gets way to much credit for Thriller. I'm not saying he doesn't deserve credit but in my opinion people like Bruce Swedien and Rod Temperton deserve more praise and attention than Quincy

*Runs*

Yeah, not like I was there in the studio with them...but I've got the feeling someone like Swedien deserves a LOT MORE credit contributing to MJ's success than he is getting. I liked reading "In the studio with Michael Jackson", quite the nerdy read!

I though Justified and FutureSexLoveSongs were solid pieces of work. I just listened to them this morning.

Yeah, not like I was there in the studio with them...but I've got the feeling someone like Swedien deserves a LOT MORE credit contributing to MJ's success than he is getting. I liked reading "In the studio with Michael Jackson", quite the nerdy read!

Ok i do admit that i'm a little bitter because i hate it when people say ''Thriller was all Quincy Jones''

The thriller 25th anniversay remixs are great !!
Janet Jackson is the queen of pop not Madonna
Beyonce is the biggest copy cat artist EVER !!
00's was the worst decade of music EVER !!! :bugeyed

Unpopular opinion which i find true

Freddie Mercury is a better singer than Michael Jackson *runs*

That's at least a debatable opinion, sort of like a Whitney versus Mariah comparison.

Now, if you said Justin B. was better, then I'd suggest witness protection.

Will Smith is better at rapping than what he is at acting

I'm not sure if this will be that unpopular on here but when Michael left his brothers and went solo it was one of the best things he ever did. I love The Jacksons but Mike's brothers really held him back

I'm gonna run now just in case

Last edited:
Michael Jackson made his best work in the 90s

lol, I would have said 80's

New Power Soul and Rave Un2 The Joy Fantastic are better than anything Prince has made in the 00s

I really like those albums, but for me nothing beats Emancipation and The Vault!

00's was the worst decade of music EVER !!! :bugeyed

Agree, but 90' weren't that good either... Nothing like the good old 80'.. well, looks like it keeps getting worst.. lol

I'd say it was Marvin Gaye, or maybe El DeBarge. I don't like R. Kelly's stuff except for that 1st song he came out with "She's Got That Vibe". He can't sing to me, I'd rather listen to Bob Dylan. :p His stuff for other people like Aaliyah is alright because his voice isn't on it, lol.

Blasphemy.

I just don't think 2000's are worst decade in music, I mean I love R and B from the earlier part of the decade. :)

And I hate American Idol, the most overrated show of all time and it's poisoning of the music inderstry. I don't hate the contestants actually (heck there are 7 that I like, afraid to tell who some are), just hate some of the hype of this show.

Beyonce is one of my favorite artists, but I feel as if her 16 Grammys are not deserved and that there are many artists with albums that got ROBBED..I feel as if they are giving her Grammys just because she's Beyonce'..not based on the quality of the music..

Another opinion is..
I know people hate Kanye, but I think he is the most talented artist of this generation..

I wished that MJ sung everything live..kinda like he did on the Bad Tour (which is the greatest tour of ALL TIME)..also, I think his dance moves began to be repetitive..I know Mike is the greatest dancer of all time, but he could've gotten a choreographer..

One more thing..
I think Janet's superbowl incident was done on purpose..things just don't add up..

Last edited:
Twilight movie series or "toilet" as I refer to them do not deserve the unbelievable hype. In short, they SUCK. I ain't runnin

you could pop over HERE and agree with the others that have already said that :p and for the record i think they are way overhyped as well.

Along with Janet - Rhythm Nation is kick ass but the rest of her music doesn't really do it for me, sure she has a few good songs but no other full albums.
And same with Madonna, 1 or 2 good albums and a number of songs but hardly the Queen of Pop.

Back