Unpopular opinions

MattyJam

Guests
Radiohead are pretentious shit.

Michael Jackson made his best work in the 90s

Chinese Democracy was a decent Guns N Roses album

New Power Soul and Rave Un2 The Joy Fantastic are better than anything Prince has made in the 00s

Tori Amos is a better songwriter than Kate Bush

There are no decent male artists left under the age of 40 (except Van Hunt). Akon, Will.i.am, Justin Timberlake, Usher, Ne-Yo... they're all generic drivel.

Stone Temple Pilots are better than Nirvana

Last edited:
Tori Amos is a better songwriter than Kate Bush

Got that right :agree:

There are no decent male artists left under the age of 40 (except Van Hunt). Akon, Will.i.am, Justin Timberlake, Usher, Ne-Yo... they're all generic drivel.

I really like Justin. I'd say that's not a popular opinion, at least on this board. I've seen so much negativity towards Justin here, that I believe I'm in the minority who actually likes him (or dares to admit it).

Stone Temple Pilots are better than Nirvana

:no: ;)

Justin is crap same goes for the all others Akon, Will. I am, Kanye West etc

Unpopular opinion which i find true

Freddie Mercury is a better singer than Michael Jackson *runs*

I like his 80s stuff better, although the 90s albums are cool.
New Power Soul and Rave Un2 The Joy Fantastic are better than anything Prince has made in the 00s
I have all of Prince's albums, and don't agree with that. The Rainbow Children, Musicology, and 3121 are better than those 2 overall. Rave was Clive Davis trying to get Prince to make an album like Santana's Supernatural. When Clive got fired from Arista, L.A. Reid was put in charge and he killed the album.
Raul Midon, Donnie (who is Marvin Gaye's cousin), Soil & "PIMP" Sessions, and maybe OutKast are good.

Last edited:
When it comes to vocal range and power then yeah Freddie does have the better voice but i still enjoy listening to Michael's voice more

:D judging by the amount of people that responded to your post, it's the most 'controversial' opinion.

Each to their own, clearly. I love Freddie. But Michael's voice is better imo.

My very unpopular opinion: Janet as an artist is way overrated. Ok, my turn to run...

I don't think Madonna is all that great. I like a few of her songs, but I still think that she is overrated.

Radiohead are pretentious shit.

Totally agree. :)

LMAO. Yes. Run and don't look back. :lol:

R.Kelly is the last great R&B artist

thriller is the last important album

rap hasn't been the same sine 2pac and biggie were killed off

sampling and looping are worse than anthing napster ever did

ain't been a white soulful female singer to count since teena marie

cross over was the worst thing to happen to R&B music

soundscan and the riaa are a joke

mtv and bet didn't help race relations with music

Probably not that unpopular here but it is elsewhere. The Beatles are boring. Tried to get into their music but simply cannot. Its dull and their songwriting in later years is awful as Lennon and McCartney were so high they couldn't even put a sentence together.

As much as I love Vince and hated what Sony did with the lack of promotion and all the other issues with song selection Michael should have taken some of the blame for why it didn't sell as well as previous albums as the album, as amazing as it was, is a bit generic. It wasn't classic Michael and too over produced. Its still one of my fave fave albums though.

The song I Got A Feeling by Black Eyed Peas is just awful. Why do loads of people love this crap so much?

Probably not that unpopular here but it is elsewhere. The Beatles are boring. Tried to get into their music but simply cannot. Its dull and their songwriting in later years is awful as Lennon and McCartney were so high they couldn't even put a sentence together.

As much as I love Vince and hated what Sony did with the lack of promotion and all the other issues with song selection Michael should have taken some of the blame for why it didn't sell as well as previous albums as the album, as amazing as it was, is a bit generic. It wasn't classic Michael and too over produced. Its still one of my fave fave albums though.

I agree with The Beatles part I think there really overrated there up there with AC/DC,Led Zeppelin the big 3 in terms of Overrated Bands i really don't get the appeal all 3 bands have I do have all 3 Bands Greatest Hits albums too see what all the fuss was about but I failed to see the hype

Last edited:
Back