UK release "WBSS2008" is this true

Re: Wanna Be Starting Somethin" will be released

This isnt Breaking News as this was posted here last week.

Hmmm...
So that's definitely the so rumoured new Michael Jackson release for mid-june?

I dont believe this is the new release for June as the WBSS08 single is being released in the UK were as this new single rumour started in the US.

you cannot buy it as a CD in the UK (only as an import from Germany, France and Australia where it has been released)

the UK has no physical release, it's only released as a digital EP on iTunes UK

Last edited:
you cannot buy it as a CD in the UK (only as an import from Germany, France and Australia where it has been released)

the UK has no physical release, it's only released as a digital EP on iTunes UK

It's being released as a physical CD as far as I understand
Mid - June :)

Last edited by a moderator:
my bro has a promo cd from his work. havnt got it though as i cant stand akon lol

I personally thought this was by far the best remix on the album. I think Akon did the song a lot of justice, and new vocals by Mike certainly didn't hurt things either.

I bought "The Girl Is Mine 2008" single a couple weeks ago, the full demo and the club mix are both awesome. I usually don't listen to single remixes, but the remix was nicely done. I'm looking foward to this single.

i got sent a promo copy today the remixes arent bad sound pretty mcuh the same as each other. one is virtually just an instrumental sounds like a samba beat

I managed to get the Korean,German versions on Cd and the 12" Version is on the way to me from France.
I like the Johnny Vicious Mix.

this has a possible chance of doing good, especially since a 'video' has been made for it.

The single was released officially on itunes on the 13th June 2008.

Yeah, but wwith so much confusion over whether the song is being released or not, and even what date it is being released, how successful can it be?
Even the fans are confused about what's going on and there seems to be no official update from Sony themselves.
The video is the best they could do without any input from MJ himself, but it isn't really setting the music TV channels alive and the single has been pretty much ignored by UK radio stations (except KISS FM in the London area - I have heard them play it several times).

Perhaps we should start a request thread?

Last edited:
As I said, the UK only received an official iTunes digital EP release.

There's neither a CD nor a Vinyl release for the UK. You can only order it as an import from Germany, France and Australia.

As I said, the UK only received an official iTunes digital EP release.

There's neither a CD nor a Vinyl release for the UK. You can only order it as an import from Germany, France and Australia.

Thats shit. End of! T25 has been a success in this country n we dont even get WBSS2008 as a single!

Back