UK release "WBSS2008" is this true

mikey82james

Proud Member
MJSTAR report says this will be released at end of may on cd anyone seen this else where.

We found a link that says it's going to be released on the 19th, however, there is nothing on Sony's site or anywhere else that says there is a physical release for the UK. I have searched like crazy!

Apparently the song in on UK iTunes as a single, but my iTunes is playing up and I can't check the Uk store to find out. :(

here (on the promo sheet) , release date : 26th may

and it will be release with remixes made by Axwell"

wbss2008_UK_promo_lettre.jpg

wbss2008_UK_promo.jpg

source : http://www.mjlegend.com/news.php

Last edited:
They left this release too late to help Thriller 25 anyway. The song was getting airplay at the beginning of the year and was proving popular, in fact it probably received more UK radio play than TGIM did. WBSS was on the playlist of KISS FM BEFORE TGIM was released, DURING the time TGIM was released and IS STILL on their playlist now

( http://www.totalkiss.com/Channels/Music/Music_Playlist.aspx )

Infact, I heard it on that station only last week. They should have scrapped TGIM and allowed the release of WBSS at the very beginning of the year, that way it could have had an impact on the chart. With this late (and digital only) release, only us Mj fans are likely to know it's out and so I can't see it impacting the charts. Also, how do they expect it to sell well without any kind of video???

On a slightly differerenet point, I saw Fall Out Boy's 'Beat It' video advertised on 'The Hits' TV station in the UK last night. Perhaps that will get some good airplay and help T25 sales. You never know...

Is that promo sheet real? It has a typo...

5th line down, '...become one the big tunes...'

can this be real? as on the cd there is the mjjproductions logo... i was under the impression that that no longer existed =s
Where is the problem ? Sorry "The moonwalker", but you're wrong. You can see these logo on all edition of "Thriller 25th" , "the girl is mine 2008" , "wanna be startin' somethin' 2008"....

but maybe you do not buy these stuff :no:

Last edited:
though it may be true NEVER take what you see at MJSTAR as FACT untill u research it, or see it in a trusted MJ site..

MJSTAR is a website that mixes true stories and tabloide type garbage..

they try to LOOK like a real site, but it's not.

yes don't read mjstar.

and just see the official promo CD with the promo sheet (release date : 26th may 2008)

if do you have any doubt , you could contact sony bmg Uk : (the name is on the back of the promo sheet ) :

david.frossman@sonybmg.com
/ 0207 384 7969

100% official :

Last edited:
WBSS2008 UK SINGLE RELEASE

Sony BMG are planning to release ‘Wanna Be Startin’ Somethin’ 2008′ from ‘Thriller 25′ as a download in the UK. The release date has currently been set for June 16th but is still to be confirmed.

The single, that has already been released in other countries including France and Australia, features Akon and will be a digital remix EP with the following tracks:

• Wanna Be Startin’ Somethin’ 2008 with Akon (Radio mix)
• Wanna Be Startin’ Somethin’ 2008 with Akon (Club mix)
• Wanna Be Startin’ Somethin’ 2008 with Akon (Warehouse Thriller dub)
• Wanna Be Startin’ Somethin’ 2008 with Akon (Original album version)
• Wanna Be Startin’ Somethin’ 2008 with Akon (UK radio edit)

Source: Sony BMG

I hope the remix of Axwell contains only MJ vocals, because I can't believe what Akon did with this great classic track. WBSS 2008 with Akon is the WORST reMAKE. Let's call it a cover. Axwell's remix has to contain MJ only vocals please !!!!

Last edited:
I hope the remix of Axwell contains only MJ vocals, because I can't believe what Akon did with this great classic track. BJ 2008 with Akon is the WORST reMAKE. Let's call it a cover. Axwell's remix has to contain MJ only vocals please !!!!

Akon wasn't on BJ 2008 that was Kanye West!!

WBSS with Akon is Fantastic in my opinion!

Axwell??

The above posted tracklist does only contain the remixes by JOHNNY VICIOUS.

• Wanna Be Startin’ Somethin’ 2008 with Akon (Radio mix)
• Wanna Be Startin’ Somethin’ 2008 with Akon (Club mix)
• Wanna Be Startin’ Somethin’ 2008 with Akon (Warehouse Thriller dub)
• Wanna Be Startin’ Somethin’ 2008 with Akon (Original album version)
• Wanna Be Startin’ Somethin’ 2008 with Akon (UK radio edit)

I've just seen a video for it on The Hit's

its just like the video for cheater really.

Well, I guess you saw the official music video for WBSS 2008. It's a clip montage which has been created in association with TF1 (French TV station).

Last edited:
Wanna Be Starting Somethin" will be released

Michael-Jackson-Wanna-Be-Startin-43.jpg

CS305418-03B-BIG.jpg

Michael Jackson's 1983 single 'Wanna Be Startin Somethin' from his multi-platinum selling 1982 album 'Thriller' is up for release in June 2008. The single is being released as the 25th Anniversary edition album called 'Thriller 25'. The original version of the song was never played out due to its running time of over 6 min.

The single was the first track on the album and the release has been recorded by Jackson and R&B artist Akon for the 'Thriller'.

The original version of the song was six minutes and three seconds and continued a string of hits for
Jackson. However, it was often not played at full length due to industry standards.

The single is one of Jackson's favourites for opening live concerts. 'Thriller' is recognised as being the world's best selling album by the Guinness World Records.

Jackson is one of the few artists to have been inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame twice. He has also received thirteen Grammy Awards and has had thirteen number one singles in his solo career.

However, his personal life has also been highly publicised and been filled with controversy: plastic surgery, accusations of child sexual abuse and financial and health concerns.

"Wanna Be Starting Somethin" will be released on June 16.

Last edited:
Re: Wanna Be Starting Somethin" will be released

thanks..

I wish it had the demo.. I like the sound if it..

your walcome i can't wait i love that song gets you going i love the beat i love the chrous :yes: :clap:

I said you wanna be startin' somethin'
You got to be startin' somethin'
I said you wanna be startin' somethin'
You got to be startin' somethin'
It's too high to get over (yeah, yeah)
Too low to get under (yeah, yeah)
You're stuck in the middle (yeah, yeah)
And the pain is thunder (yeah, yeah)
It's too high to get over (yeah, yeah)
Too low to get under (yeah, yeah)
You're stuck in the middle (yeah, yeah)
And the pain is thunder (yeah, yeah)

This remake of this song is absolutely AWESOME!! I just love it....

is that true that MJ is release single from his new album is that true

i can't wait til the single of wanna be startin somethin i can't wait i love remixs makes dances to the beat and it's goodthing too for work out too :yes: :)

Back