Top 5 horror movies

Chanya

Proud Member
Didn't know where to put this. I assume this is the right place.

I like horror movies although I hate watching them alone. I've done that with The Shining and The Blair Witch Project and It and The Crow and I'm scarred for life. Now I only watch them with my bf and a blanket ready to cover my face with. What's your top 5 horror movies? The most scary and best ones I've ever seen, in no particular order, are:

1. The Breed
2. The Shining
3. The Blair Witch Project
4. The Crow
5. It

and I'll also have to mention:

6. The Grudge (I'll never be the same :()

Funny how so many horror movies start with "The", isn't it :p

I made this thread before the "favorite movies" thread, it probably got inspired by this thread, and yet in 24 hours not one reply to this thread? Come on people, I'm disappointed :( Surely SOMEONE out there must have liked a horror movie at some point in their life? At least?

Nightmare on Elm Street....the original

are they dreaming or are the awake

holy shit i don't know

*hides under the doona*

I love horror movies! I've been watching them since I was a kid. The first horror movie I ever saw was an Italian film called Demons when I was about 8. Here is my current top five. It changes constantly. ;)

1. Suspiria
2. The Exorcist
3. Dawn of the Dead
4. Evil Dead II
5. Ring (the original Japanese one, not the remake)

Didn't know where to put this. I assume this is the right place.

I like horror movies although I hate watching them alone. I've done that with The Shining and The Blair Witch Project and It and The Crow and I'm scarred for life. Now I only watch them with my bf and a blanket ready to cover my face with. What's your top 5 horror movies? The most scary and best ones I've ever seen, in no particular order, are:

1. The Breed
2. The Shining
3. The Blair Witch Project
4. The Crow
5. It

and I'll also have to mention:

6. The Grudge (I'll never be the same :()

Funny how so many horror movies start with "The", isn't it :p

Its rare to se a girl with such great taste in Horror films. Not to sound sexist or anything, lol. This list is awesome. :)

I'm a big fan of Japanese Horror, I think its a lot scaer than American Horror. Especially as America cant make horror films anymore.

Anyway, my list....

1 - The Crow (This is my 100% FAVOURITE film of all time. I love it)
2 - The Grudge (The Japanese original of course)
3 - Ringu
4 - One Missed Call
5 - Silent Hill

I am a huge horror movie lover. The ones I love the most is from Stephen King. But I will do my top 7 instead of my top 5. And they are in no order.

The Shining
Rose Red
The Langoliers
It
Children Of The Corn
Firestarter
Misery

Its rare to se a girl with such great taste in Horror films. Not to sound sexist or anything, lol. This list is awesome. :)

I'm a big fan of Japanese Horror, I think its a lot scaer than American Horror. Especially as America cant make horror films anymore.

Anyway, my list....

1 - The Crow (This is my 100% FAVOURITE film of all time. I love it)
2 - The Grudge (The Japanese original of course)
3 - Ringu
4 - One Missed Call
5 - Silent Hill

I've not seen the orignal version of The Grudge, but if it's scarier than the American version I don't think I can take it!! I couldn't even close my eyes after seeing that one, I was afraid to go to the bathroom at night etc lol. Probably the scariest of the movies on my list. That one and It. And don't worry, no offense taken about the girl comment :) We don't all like Scream and I Know What You Did Last Summer.

I love horror movies

The Exorcist (still find it scary after seeing it so many times)
Nightmare on Elmstreet
The Grudge
The Shining
Blair witch project
Rose red
White Noise
The Omen

5 right.....

lol, I couldn't even stick to 5, and I made the thread :D

That's a good list :)

I've not seen the orignal version of The Grudge, but if it's scarier than the American version I don't think I can take it!! I couldn't even close my eyes after seeing that one, I was afraid to go to the bathroom at night etc lol. Probably the scariest of the movies on my list. That one and It. And don't worry, no offense taken about the girl comment :) We don't all like Scream and I Know What You Did Last Summer.

The original version is WELL scarier :) lol

+ It doesnt have Sarah Michelle Gellar in it. Which is good. :smilerolleyes:

The Exorcist (the extended original) scared the hell out of me, I refuse to watch it again
It
Jacob's Ladder
Psycho
Night Of the Living Dead

Rosemary's Baby is not very scary IMO, but a very good movie.
The Ring is also worth mentioning

I love horror movies! I've been watching them since I was a kid. The first horror movie I ever saw was an Italian film called Demons when I was about 8. Here is my current top five. It changes constantly. ;)

1. Suspiria

I so wanna see that. They talked about in 100 Scariest Movie Momemts and it looks crazy as hell.

3. Dawn of the Dead

Ooh which one? The original or the 2004 version?

I'm always pushing the bar when it comes to horror movies. I just love them. I started watching them when I was like six or seven with my brother. It started with the slasher flicks like Friday the 13th and Nightmare On Elm Street. Now I've been getting into the more obscure and cult favorites. I find myself becoming a growing fan of the Italian horror movie director Lucio Fulci.

I guess my top 5 horror movies would be:
1. Dawn of the Dead (original) - I just didn't like the remake. The original had more character development. I also didn't likethe running zombies. I just think they're much scarier when they're slow.
2. Nightmare On Elm Street
3. The Exorcist
4. City of the Living Dead
5. Night of the Living Dead (both 1968 and the 1990 remake)

01 Friday the 13th
02 Nightmare on Elm street
03 Halloween
04 Wrong turn
05 Silent hill

Here's my list:

1. Halloween (A big fan of this film and franchise)
2. Psycho (Also a big fan of this classic film and its sequels)
3. Friday The 13th
4. Nightmare On Elm Street
5. Scream

Always liked "Halloween". Michael Myers scared the shit outta me as a kid. But he's not that scary now. "Psycho" scared me the most when i first saw it as a kid. Because of the shower scene and Anthony Perkins. I really didn't want to see that freaky scary "Mother" (Norman Bates). But later i became a fan of this movie and the sequels.

I love horror movies

The Exorcist (still find it scary after seeing it so many times)
Nightmare on Elmstreet
The Grudge
The Shining
Blair witch project
Rose red
White Noise
The Omen

5 right.....

The Omen is awesomeness its my all time fave film :yes: i love the whole story around it and how the directors managed to keep a sense of realism around it and not go over the top with effects around Damien and stuff i've been told i look like Damien :bugeyed

Anyway some of my fave Horror movies

The Omen
An American Werewolf in London
Nightmare On Elm Street 3 The Dream Warriors (yes i think its better than the 1st film)
The Exorcist III
Blair Witch Project

. "Psycho" scared me the most when i first saw it as a kid. Because of the shower scene and Anthony Perkins. I really didn't want to see that freaky scary "Mother" (Norman Bates). But later i became a fan of this movie and the sequels.

I saw psycho 2, but I thought it was pretty boring, it was pretty much the same but with some changes, the first one will always be the best, scary as hell.

I so wanna see that. They talked about in 100 Scariest Movie Momemts and it looks crazy as hell.

It is crazy! The soundtrack alone is enough to give you nightmares. It's absolutely insane, makes no sense at all. It's like a f***ed up fairy tale.

Ooh which one? The original or the 2004 version?

The original Dawn of the Dead, of course. I hated the remake. Running zombies, pfft.

I'm always pushing the bar when it comes to horror movies. I just love them. I started watching them when I was like six or seven with my brother. It started with the slasher flicks like Friday the 13th and Nightmare On Elm Street. Now I've been getting into the more obscure and cult favorites. I find myself becoming a growing fan of the Italian horror movie director Lucio Fulci.

I really like Lucio Fulci. Not as much as Dario Argento or Mario Bava, but I think Lucio doesn't get the credit he deserves. He made some really great Giallo films, like Don't Torture a Duckling and Lizard in a Woman's Skin, but, of course, he's more known for his gorefests, like Zombi and The Beyond. Not that his gore films aren't good or anything. In fact, I think The Beyond would be my favourite film of his. I really didn't like New York Ripper, though. That made me feel really uncomfortable. And it takes a lot for a horror film to make me feel uncomfortable.

I love Horror Movies, but I want something that could make me p!ss my pants lol coz' it's really scary ahaha anyways here's my list..

1. The Exorcist
2. The Prince of Darkness
3. Nightmare on Elm Street
4. Night of the Living Dead (Romero's)
5. The Grudge (the original)

I saw psycho 2, but I thought it was pretty boring, it was pretty much the same but with some changes, the first one will always be the best, scary as hell.

Yeah, the original is always the best. Psycho II was a good sequel, not much of a great sequel. But it was good. Psycho III was also an ok-sequel. But the 1998 remake was the worst of them all.

hmmmm. top 5? okay... jaws (just the opening of the movie is enough to scare you out of the water and this movie is so terrifying in all the scenes where you dont see the shark but know its there), the exorcist (creepy as anything - the twisting head, walking backwards down the stairs.... sheesh!), the texas chainsaw massacre (the original) - totally freaky! and that big metal hook where he hangs the girl on it! ouch. halloween (the original and best and really scary - just the glowing pumpkin with the terrifying music playing is enough to make you turn the lights on!) and for the fifth movie probably final destination - the idea that death is stalking you and you can never escape it is a really creepy idea.

The first that came to mind...

-1 The Exorcist
-2 Alien (ok, it's science fiction, but it's horror too)
-3 The Omen
-4 Bram Stoker's Dracula
-5 Carrie

My type of topic! only thing I can't figure out is if I'm gonna list up what I consider great horror movies or really scary horror movies. Favorites that come to mind thou in no perticular order:

A Nightmare On Elm Street

Dog Soldiers

Fright Night

Bram Stoker's Dracula
(Don't really consider it a full out horror movie, but it happens to be the most beautiful movie I know of, visually)

Halloween..

Not the scariest movies around, but some of the best in their genre - I can keep going with titles all day long thou, haha..

Ok rather than make myself look like a total psycho who enjoys watching people suffering I'm going to list the top 5 films that actually scared me:

1. Wolf Creek - I have never got over that one and literally didn't want to leave my flat for days after

2. The Blair Witch Project - So many people say it wasn't that scary, but I thought it was very realistic and unique.

3. A Tale Of Two Sisters - Korean film, very complex but very creepy. Think it was remade in America but never seen the remake.

4. Funny Games - The original is Austrian, although it is identical to the more recent American version. I just found the whole thing (although clever in it's own right, the way the nasty characters communicate with the audience whilst the victims are oblivious and you are made to feel guilty for watching etc) really disturbing to watch.

5. Carrie - the bit with the eyes mostly (you know what I mean).

My top 5 are

1. Wrong Turn
2. The Mist
3. A Nightmare on Elm Street
4. The Unborn
5.The Grave Dancers

I can't pick 5 but I'm a fan of Asian (Japanese, Thai, Korean) horror movies. Some I like are One Missed Call, Ju-On (The Grudge), Art of the Devil and Cello.

Non-Asian movies I enjoyed watching are Nightmare on Elm Street, It, The Exorcist and Dawn of the Dead.

Well, I'm not really scared of horror movies anymore but what freakd me when I was a child were:
It, Child's Play, Puppet Master, Nightmare on Elm Street, and (I don't know if it counts) but the scaries things of all was The Groke(Polish - Buka) from "the Moomin" series.
Why the hell would somebody invent her ;(?!?! And than air the series as a bed-time cartoon :(
Effect of those horrors on my life : clowns - I hate them, I always will, I wanted to throw away all my dolls, I was scared of them so much :D
After reading X-men comics I defeated my fear of Freddie :D:D:D Thank, you Wolferine :D

The Omen is awesomeness its my all time fave film :yes: i love the whole story around it and how the directors managed to keep a sense of realism around it and not go over the top with effects around Damien and stuff i've been told i look like Damien :bugeyed

Lol i need to see that :p
They did a great job indeed keeping sense of realism.

Back