TMZ Video: MJ Music Video Shoot Takes Over Hollywood

You forget that Michael filmed his every move and there are centuries worth of private home videos. I'd much rather see those used. Or a compilation of clips/sequences from old videos. Really. I never said I don't want any more videos per say, I just don't want people (ab)using Michael's work.

Exactly. You said it all!

What i like about all this is its at least back to discsussion ! Thats a plus lately, but i too are very excited with how these two videos are shaping up and to put simply and bluntly, Michael always said of his videos as not music videos but *short films* The song behind the mask and hollywood tonight have great stories that can be made and they too could have a *beginning, middle and end*. People dont forget thats what made Michaels short films unique, not just breakthrough productions, even he said that he could not make them kinda productions all the time, and that it would take some 6 months each time to produce this. I think this is looking more like short films and im very much looking forward to the finished production. Well done estate!

You are embellishing Michaels vision! Thats whats most important.

Terry

This! Why use all these old routines? No point. However, I do think theres gonna be a story and that chick in the front is gonna be the main protagonist.

To all those asking for unseen footage... Why? Unreleased footage should be released as it is, I dont wanna see little clips of Bad '88 to Hollywood Tonight, I want the whole of bad 88 and would rather whatever they're making now over that. Other than the (from what we've seen) uninspiring choreography, I think it could be a good video.

Edit:

Not to mention, if it was just a clip of unseen stuff, the singles would flop and you'd all blame sony for bad promotion. It needs to be new stuff, but it also need to be good.

well said. only thing is that if they used new choreography the media, fans and everyone would say " you shouldn't try and compete with michael" blah, blah " nothing compared to michael" which is true cos nothing DOES compare to michael. At the same time i AM a bit tired of the same old routines....either way there are advantages and disadvantages
i guess we just have to remember that everything is a tribute now. Setting those same steps into stone, into history to be remembered for generations...I think it'll be a great video considering the circumstances

This! Why use all these old routines? No point. However, I do think theres gonna be a story and that chick in the front is gonna be the main protagonist.

I believe that there is a point - Michael's significant moves are what fit his music the best - and I think it is a good think to show that these moves are not forgotten and that they are still INCOMPARABLE to anything.

I swear, I am 100% convinced that if there was a new routine , new moves, people around here would be like - OMG that's not Michael's moves, this is lame etc.

You just can't satisfy the world,can you...

Let's wait and see. I'm confident we'll be impressed...

You can never satisfy everyone...

Jackson_popcorn.gif

well said. only thing is that if they used new choreography the media, fans and everyone would say " you shouldn't try and compete with michael" blah, blah " nothing compared to michael" which is true cos nothing DOES compare to michael. At the same time i AM a bit tired of the same old routines....either way there are advantages and disadvantages
True, and people can either like it or not. So I believe fans should just respect eachother's opinions and not bitch about eachother. Meaning the people who LIKE this project should not bitch on the people who DON'T LIKE this project and vice versa. We are ALL allowed to express our opinions so why look down on someone whose opinion is different than yours? It's ignorant.

OMG she is the girl from Madonna's videos for Hung Up and Sorry, is she?

Damn!!! I didn't realise that! I've always thought that girl was pure hotness. And plus she can daaaance!

I believe that there is a point - Michael's significant moves are what fit his music the best - and I think it is a good think to show that these moves are not forgotten and that they are still INCOMPARABLE to anything.

You just can't satisfy the world,can you...

Yeh, but theres a diference, theres, dancing in the style of MJ, and using the same choreography from another routine. I'm not saying they have to do some super street routine ala ABDC, but at least not use the exact same choreography from Smooth Criminal/Dangerous etc

Im fine with their being elements, just not the same ol' same ol'.

Edit: Just watched it again, really, its not that bad, I'm just being petty, lol, still dont like the use of the smooth criminal bit though :D

AndreyZidane™;3269690 said:
Here's a Nike ad that stars Sofia.

<object width="480" height="270"><param name="movie" value="http://www.dailymotion.com/swf/video/x1cl0_sofia-boutella-nike-ad_shortfilms"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed type="application/x-shockwave-flash" src="http://www.dailymotion.com/swf/video/x1cl0_sofia-boutella-nike-ad_shortfilms" width="480" height="270" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always"></embed></object><br /><b><a href="http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1cl0_sofia-boutella-nike-ad_shortfilms" target="_blank">

As you can see she's very athletic.

jhaz4.jpg

akxssfh2.jpg

MCe2-Z_PpT-okC7nA1Y_RToUOM0Rwdt8.jpg

She's also very beautiful and let's face it, she's hot.

92796162_cd2278601a_o.jpg

img_gallery_5_1024x7681.jpg

40148988_SofiaBoutellaCommunity.jpg

Damn! :wub:

You forget that Michael filmed his every move and there are centuries worth of private home videos. I'd much rather see those used. Or a compilation of clips/sequences from old videos. Really. I never said I don't want any more videos per say, I just don't want people (ab)using Michael's work.

However, I do think theres gonna be a story and that chick in the front is gonna be the main protagonist.

To all those asking for unseen footage... Why? Unreleased footage should be released as it is, I dont wanna see little clips of Bad '88 to Hollywood Tonight, I want the whole of bad 88 and would rather whatever they're making now over that. Other than the (from what we've seen) uninspiring choreography, I think it could be a good video.

Edit:

Not to mention, if it was just a clip of unseen stuff, the singles would flop and you'd all blame sony for bad promotion. It needs to be new stuff, but it also need to be good.

Agree! I really believe it will tell a story- but again why have unreleased footage when it might not make sense for the "short film"? And a montage of old clips ala "Who Is IT" U.S. version? Oh no! that was very boring and uninspiring and you know the fans would go ballistic if that ever happened that is for sure!!

And how exactly are they abusing Michael's work? These videos are fresh and new, and maybe they will have Michael's image somewhere but how is Sony/estate abusing his work, they are trying to promote his work the best they can w/o Michael. I think they did a nice job with HMH, and from the photos I've seen of these "short films" I think they will turn out very interesting. The directors are well respected and worked with Michael (at least Wayne Isham). This is all high end and professional.

So please try to be happy about this. We are lucky we are getting two new short films. It's exciting to be able to hear Michael's name again and see his songs promoted. It's keeping his legacy alive, imho. :yes::D

There's no need denying it - SHE'S HOT!!!

Can't wait for the video.

So HMH, BTM and HT, all have random people dancing? HT should've had a CGI theme.

Why is there a woman "playing" MJ?

And is that a Billie Jean HT mix?

I think the same thing - it should have been a CGI theme, not just random people dancing. And I also wondered why there is a woman in the main "MJ" role...

Pace,MioDolceCuore vbmenu_register("postmenu_3264663", true); !! Its great how you don't like opinions.. And if you know about film than you will know that it only takes ONE scene to effect the entire film. (that's why hours of filming ends up not making it.. Because it takes little minute pieces to make or break a film) What they have shown is enough to know what direction they are going.. You can hear 3 seconds of a song and know what TYPE of song it is.. same with the visual arts. Of course I have not seen the full product and they can suprize me/us.. But if you put SONY into the matter I highly doubt it.

And if it's my opinion that they should not be making that type of piece, than I am titled to that.. The image of what we've seen annoys me! so let it...

I think the same thing - it should have been a CGI theme, not just random people dancing. And I also wondered why there is a woman in the main "MJ" role...

Maybe because the songs goes like that "she goes to Hollywood"

Maybe because the songs goes like that "she goes to Hollywood"

Yes "she's going Hollywood" - but she.. not Michael Jackson.. that's why I don't understand why she is dressed like Michael? I think that that girl (dancer) is not the girl from the story, I think that she's just a dancer, something like tribute to Michael..

Yes "she's going Hollywood" - but she.. not Michael Jackson.. that's why I don't understand why she is dressed like Michael? I think that that girl (dancer) is not the girl from the story, I think that she's just a dancer, something like tribute to Michael..

Cause it's a Michael Jackson video. Not Lady Gaga, Madonna, Rihanna. Jeez. Unnecessary questions...

I won't judge this video because no one from us knows how the final product will look like. But I just hope that the video won't be dubbed with this Billie Jean Mix. It sounds awful!

It's true that HT has some similarities to Billie Jean, but this doesn't mean that it still sounds good when you mix in in the whole beat of Billie Jean. Maybe the mix will sound better if we can hear it in good quality, but for now, it sounds like there are two different songs playing at the same time. They should work in the beat of BJ better.

Last edited:
AndreyZidane™;3269690 said:
Here's a Nike ad that stars Sofia.

<object width="480" height="270"><param name="movie" value="http://www.dailymotion.com/swf/video/x1cl0_sofia-boutella-nike-ad_shortfilms"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed type="application/x-shockwave-flash" src="http://www.dailymotion.com/swf/video/x1cl0_sofia-boutella-nike-ad_shortfilms" width="480" height="270" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always"></embed></object><br /><b><a href="http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1cl0_sofia-boutella-nike-ad_shortfilms" target="_blank">

As you can see she's very athletic.

jhaz4.jpg

akxssfh2.jpg

MCe2-Z_PpT-okC7nA1Y_RToUOM0Rwdt8.jpg

She's also very beautiful and let's face it, she's hot.

92796162_cd2278601a_o.jpg

img_gallery_5_1024x7681.jpg

40148988_SofiaBoutellaCommunity.jpg

WoW! Speechless.

Is it me or she looks like Blanket?

Well i am happy to say I saw her live then! Which was like, one of the three good things about the Sticky and Sweet concert...

Back