TII Nominated for BET - June 27 2010 (Merged)

• Thread starter Dangerous Incorporated
  • Start date
Re: TII Nominated for BET - June 27 2010

Im a Michael Jackson fan but Im not so blinded by my fandom to see the truth about things.
I love TIT. I was really being sarcastic to the above poster who said Precious and Avatar were overrated when they were MOVIES compared to TIT. Not to mention they were good and are worthy of an award especially Precious

One... This Is It is not even a movie... So I dont know why fans are expecting so much recognition when its not even a movie

Two.... This Is It doesnt even deserve to win when there were more better movies such as Avatar and Precious. Not to mention once again they were movies. TIT is a docummentary.

Three... I find it ridiculous that fans are even trying to vote. Who cares about the BET awards or BET? They have been down the toilet for years and there award show is a joke. I dont see why fans would want to entertain that when it means nothing.

I will always support MJ, even if I like Avatar more than TII (which I don't BTW) I would always vote for MJ to win.

Re: This is it bet award

47 % now.

You can vote many times, so just keep voting.

Re: This is it bet award

ewww G. Butler is there too
MJ for the win!!!

It's pretty obvious "Precious" will win but it's great TII is nominated. Actually it's always kinda win to be nominated. TII was pretty huge, wasn't it 19th biggest selling of all the movies in the world or something like that..?

It says 'unofficial' so I'm guessing this doesn't make a difference toward the final winner. BET Awards are not fan voted as far as I know.

Im a Michael Jackson fan but Im not so blinded by my fandom to see the truth about things.
I love TIT. I was really being sarcastic to the above poster who said Precious and Avatar were overrated when they were MOVIES compared to TIT. Not to mention they were good and are worthy of an award especially Precious

That's your opinion, of something subjective. Many people aren't "blinded" by fandom loved TII because it is simply amazing to see the Worlds greatest entertainer/artist in behind the scenes. Many people think Avatar was just an ok film, and many people think that only thing Precious was good for is if you feel like getting depressed. Movies, music, art. All subjective.

One... This Is It is not even a movie... So I dont know why fans are expecting so much recognition when its not even a movie

BET doesn't have a category for a documentary, this isn't the academy awards here..There is no category for best comedy/actor/special effects or anything, this is just the BET awards..Well, the way I look at things is, if something is in the "movie" theaters then its a movie.

Three... I find it ridiculous that fans are even trying to vote. Who cares about the BET awards or BET? They have been down the toilet for years and there award show is a joke. I dont see why fans would want to entertain that when it means nothing.

Well, I agree with you on that, BET awards, and award shows in general are just horrible now. Without great artists like in the past..and especially with Michael gone as well..these award shows are just one big joke.. But I don't see a problem in showing support for something they enjoyed. It's no big deal..

For me, most awards have lost a lot of meaning because of a combination of various factors.

Finally, Personally, and I'm sure many feel this way, when Michael wins any awards now, that's nice and all..but without him to go up and accept any award, it feels empty to me...Maybe that will change in the future but I've become a bit indifferent to all award shows.

Last edited:
That's your opinion, of something subjective. Many people aren't "blinded" by fandom loved TII because it is simply amazing to see the Worlds greatest entertainer/artist in behind the scenes. Many people think Avatar was just an ok film, and many people think that only thing Precious was good for is if you feel like getting depressed. Movies, music, art. All subjective.

Exactly many fans are. TII was good but it wasnt the greatest thing to hit the cinema LETS BE REAL and its not worthy of all the awards fans want from it. I loved TII because it gave me a chance to see Michael work in progress and to see the concert behind the scenes. It really doesnt matter to me if TII wins anything because that really wasnt the purpose in making the documentary to begin with. I think Avatar was overrated but it is still a movie and if they want to nominate it so be it. Precious was very good, good acting.

BET doesn't have a category for a documentary, this isn't the academy awards here..There is no category for best comedy/actor/special effects or anything, this is just the BET awards..Well, the way I look at things is, if something is in the "movie" theaters then its a movie.a

The mere fact that TII was even nominated is because MJ has passed and because well its MJ. Its nice of BET to nominate MJ as a tribute like but I dont think TII deserves to win anything there are better movies being nominated.

Well, I agree with you on that, BET awards, and award shows in general are just horrible now. Without great artists like in the past..and especially with Michael gone as well..these award shows are just one big joke.. But I don't see a problem in showing support for something they enjoyed. It's no big deal..

For me, most awards have lost a lot of meaning because of a combination of various factors.

Finally, Personally, and I'm sure many feel this way, when Michael wins any awards now, that's nice and all..but without him to go up and accept any award, it feels empty to me...Maybe that will change in the future but I've become a bit indifferent to all award shows.

Agree.

Last edited:
TIT? It's TII...
Anyway I'm happy they nominated him even though it's not really a movie. This is his last thing ever so...:(

Last edited:

Congrats team Michael!!

The cutoff day for the Oscar's Best documentary nominations is August 31st. "This is it" will probably get a nomination...and hopefully, it will win. Haven't heard of any game changing doc so far this year....other than MJ's....of course.

Wow- I didn't know this. So maybe TII will still get a chance for an Oscar nomination? That's fantastic new! Here I thought the Oscars totally ignored Michael. I'm keeping my fingers and toes crossed that it is nominated!

Two.... This Is It doesnt even deserve to win when there were more better movies such as Avatar and Precious. Not to mention once again they were movies. TIT is a docummentary.

Do you have to be so negative and have such a bad attitude toward the fans. We are Michael's fans and obviously we are happy that he is nominated. We know it is a documentary and not a true movie in the traditional sense. But the fact that this "documentary" is so good that it was picked to be among the movies nominated is quite an amazing achievement. Maybe TII in reality will not win this category, but why can't we still hope it does? and what's wrong with fans that think that it might or deserves to win? It was after all a critically acclaimed documentary if you didn't know by now. We are not so blinded by our fandom as you so sarcatically put it, because indeed it was that good!

Also, we all have differing opinions and maybe some of us didn't care for the other movies being nominated- is that wrong? No- we all have a right to our opinion.

As far as BET- well maybe it's not one of the most credible award shows out there imo, but it is still an award show like it or not, and to be nominated is still a big deal. And if fans want to vote for an unofficial poll- why not? It shows BET that Michael is extremely popular and that we love him dearly- and we support Michael till the end of all time -and we LOOOOOOVE TII PERIOD!!

Do you have to be so negative and have such a bad attitude toward the fans. We are Michael's fans and obviously we are happy that he is nominated. We know it is a documentary and not a true movie in the traditional sense. But the fact that this "documentary" is so good that it was picked to be among the movies nominated is quite an amazing achievement. Maybe TII in reality will not win this category, but why can't we still hope it does? and what's wrong with fans that think that it might or deserves to win? It was after all a critically acclaimed documentary if you didn't know by now. We are not so blinded by our fandom as you so sarcatically put it, because indeed it was that good!

Also, we all have differing opinions and maybe some of us didn't care for the other movies being nominated- is that wrong? No- we all have a right to our opinion.

As far as BET- well maybe it's not one of the most credible award shows out there imo, but it is still an award show like it or not, and to be nominated is still a big deal. And if fans want to vote for an unofficial poll- why not? It shows BET that Michael is extremely popular and that we love him dearly- and we support Michael till the end of all time -and we LOOOOOOVE TII PERIOD!!

:wub: :clapping::clapping:

I think MJ has some of the best fans.

Thankyou for this post.

Enough of the negativity now. And it's TII not TIT. :doh:

:clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::punk::punk::punk::punk:

Back