TII Nominated for BET - June 27 2010 (Merged)

• Thread starter Dangerous Incorporated
  • Start date

Dangerous Incorporated

Guests
thisisit.jpg

BET announced the nominees for the upcoming BET AWARDS ‘10 to air on June 27, 2010. The show will be hosted by Queen Latifah, “We are thrilled that Queen Latifah is going to host the BET AWARDS ‘10,” commented Stephen Hill, President of Music Programming and Specials, BET Networks.

Michael Jackson’s This Is It has been nominated for Best Movie in this years BET Awards.
Source: BET

Re: TII Nominated for BET - June 27 2010

Cool, even though it won't win.

Precious was overrated. I have never been more depressed in my life after watching a film. I went home and had to put E.T in order to shake that movie off me.

TII was an masterpiece and hope it wins!

Congrats team Michael!!

The cutoff day for the Oscar's Best documentary nominations is August 31st. "This is it" will probably get a nomination...and hopefully, it will win. Haven't heard of any game changing doc so far this year....other than MJ's....of course.

Congrats team Michael!!

The cutoff day for the Oscar's Best documentary nominations is August 31st. "This is it" will probably get a nomination...and hopefully, it will win. Haven't heard of any game changing doc so far this year....other than MJ's....of course.

really it can be nominated this year didn't know that and i hope he win in that categorary

Congrats team Michael!!

ooooh. is that why it didn't get nominated last year?! i thought they just didn't think it was worthy !!!! but thats awesome. IT HAS TO WIN AN OSCAR!!!

Congrats Michael!
I hope this wins. :)

Precious was overrated. I have never been more depressed in my life after watching a film. I went home and had to put E.T in order to shake that movie off me.

:clapping::clapping::clapping:

Precious was overrated. I have never been more depressed in my life after watching a film...

You took the words right out of my mouth:

:clapping:"TII was an masterpiece and hope it wins!":clapping:

Excellent!

The King always and in everything!

This is it will win!

Why would Precious win? I've never seen it but I heard it was sad. Michael Jackson's This Is It deserves to win!!! I hope it does. *fingers crossed*

Great news.

Would be so very very nice if it wins.

This Is It is a documentary, not a movie in the truest sense.

Last edited by a moderator:

Michael Jackson should not win because it was not a movie and there are more better movies being nominated in that category, Precious being one as well as Avatar.
If they give that BET award to Michael its a straight sympathy award because to be quite honest he doesnt really deserve it.. I dont care about BET. They nominate who is popular and give the awards out based on popularity. There nominations never change its always the same and the award show hasnt been good since Michael and James Brown was on there.

Last edited by a moderator:

This Is It is a documentary, not a movie in the truest sense.

Yes its a documentary its just silly to compare it with Avatar its like saying Mike didnt act well he was just rehearsing and nothing else. IMO everything with MJ should win. :D

Don't use this as an excuse to bash other actors. At least TII is being nominated for something. Congrats Michael!

I hope This Is It wins! Michael derserves it! :) He out beats a lot of things!

Don't use this as an excuse to bash other actors. At least TII is being nominated for something. Congrats Michael!

I dont know why you deleted those posts. It wasnt really anything bad. The fan was clearly being disrespectful.

voted:punk: 43%

really it can be nominated this year didn't know that and i hope he win in that categorary

ooooh. is that why it didn't get nominated last year?! i thought they just didn't think it was worthy !!!! but thats awesome. IT HAS TO WIN AN OSCAR!!!

Yes...TII couldn't be nominated in the Best Documentary last year because it was released after August 31st.

http://goldderby.latimes.com/awards...ertainment-news-8519260374-article-story.html
I know many critics & fans were hoping for a best picture nomination (in the non documentary categories), but since that did not happen, it looks more likely that it will get a best doc nomination this year.

I am just glad it wasn't nominated against The cove last year...which won last year's Best Doc. How do one votes agaisnt a documentary about killing dolphins..???

Last edited:

Both Avatar and Precious are overrated IMO.

Why do you think TII is overrated?

Back