Thriller- the song not the album

I don`t think i can ever critique thriller with or without the video. Yes i do skip it too :ninja: cuz its over played. Radio stations plays it all the time, and plus i did the thriller flashmob, and after 2o hours of dance rehearsals i was done. :lol: But thriller is soo iconic. I wouldnt call it weak for even a sec. I absolutely looove the lyrics. Creepy crawly creature..yummm...Its so unique, everything about it. The video was phenomenal, and the dance steps we still dance to even after 30 years. And not just thriller but i am quoting what Justin Timberlake once said is "Michael Jackson`s songs are 99.9% perfect"

Video is good but without it, I'd say Thriller isn't even good song. Video helps song a bit. :)

The Lady In My Life is one of my favourites even if not the favourite from Thriller album and I'm a guy.

When Thriller was released in the 80's the single just blew me away there wasn't anything around then that came close. I think the best part of Thriller is the instrumental, the bass the keyboards, that deep bellowing sound never gets tired.

When Thriller was released in the 80's the single just blew me away there wasn't anything around then that came close. I think the best part of Thriller is the instrumental, the bass the keyboards, that deep bellowing sound never gets tired.

Exactly, people are being harsh to it. Just cause it's been played a lot. It's awesome. For me i've never like wanna be startin somethin much, i think thriller is a MUCH better thrack. But billie jean is the best song on thriller for me.

It's funny to think,but imagine if MJ had stuck with the 'Starlight' lyrics?
Life could have been so much different....

I've never been a huge fan of Thriller (the song) the only time I tolerate it is when I watch the video which is of course amazing. Bar that, I always skip it or just never play it. I think Thriller overall is his weakest album except for songs like BJ, WBSS, Beat It, HN and PYT.

I think the song is great it is the perfect Halloween/horror song to me. But I will agree that the video really catapulted the song itself. Had the song not had a video it probably would not be talked about that much other than Vincent Price being on it.

I can listen to it all the time but I still probably wouldn't list it in my top ten favorite songs of his. And I too am one of those people that thinks that Smooth Criminal is a better video.

I agree with the people that say Thriller is a tad overrated. Of course the video is iconic, but to me Smooth Criminal is better.

It's mostly Michael fanboys/girls that say "ZOMG THRILLER IS THE BEST SONG BY MJ". The same people usually say Motown 25 was his best performance of Billie Jean when probably it was one of his poorest. Culturally significant and iconic yes, his greatest no.

thriller SLAPS on the headphones...ESPECIALLY the Dre beats..

I agree with the people that say Thriller is a tad overrated. Of course the video is iconic, but to me Smooth Criminal is better.

It's mostly Michael fanboys/girls that say "ZOMG THRILLER IS THE BEST SONG BY MJ". The same people usually say Motown 25 was his best performance of Billie Jean when probably it was one of his poorest. Culturally significant and iconic yes, his greatest no.

I agree with everything. Also about Motown 25.

I love thriller! I prefer this to other songs like Billie Jean, Wanna Be Startin' Somethin', Beat It, The Lady In My Life.... In fact, I think it's the best song on the album!!!:punk:

Eh... I don't dislike the song. I think it's brilliant really, but the only reason I skip over it is simply because it's overplayed. I prefer to play the more unknown songs, even by other artists. Dangerous is probably my favorite album though because I can still listen to the whole CD and not skip a song.

Everytime someone says that Thriller is MJ's best song i always tell them to think of the song without the video and then they usually comeback and say ''Yeah Thriller really isn't the greatest song he's ever done''

Ya, I usually skip Thriller when I listen to the album...of course, it's a fantastic song, but not one of my faves

IMO the list from best to worst (worst doesn't mean bad though):

1. Billie Jean
2. Human Nature
3. Beat it
4. Wanna Be Starting Something
5. The Lady In my Life
6. P.Y.T
7. Thriller
8. The Girl Is Mine
9. Baby Be Mine

so yes, it's hardly the best song in the album. TGIM was my least favorite but I actually like it quite a bit now.

Thriller is one of my favourites from the Thriller album, and i usually listen to it without the video :).

Everytime someone says that Thriller is MJ's best song i always tell them to think of the song without the video and then they usually comeback and say ''Yeah Thriller really isn't the greatest song he's ever done''

Yeah its definately not his best song, the video is what made it and if I recall correctly the song itself only reached number 3 on the charts in the U.S. For what its worth at least the song is catchy,lol. "thriller, thrill of the night"

I dont know if anyone ever notices this but whenever you talk about the thriller video someone always has to do the part with the zombies raising their hands and facing one direction to the other. Big Boy mentioned this on his radio show where MJ said he noticed it

Back