Thriller- the song not the album

The Ghost of Jealousy

Proud Member
Anyone else think it's the weakest song on the album? I'm probably in a minority here but I don't think it would have been half as successful without the video.It's still a funky song,don't get me wrong,but it's my least favourite off the album tbh.

Maybe familiarity breeds contempt after all lol

WBSS is the real 'thriller' track on the album for me.

I'll join you in the minority. I love it like every MJ song but it doesn't do it for me. I do like it more than The Lady in my Life however :fear:

I'll join you in the minority. I love it like every MJ song but it doesn't do it for me. I do like it more than The Lady in my Life however :fear:

I think it's the overkill factor,I mean it was and is massive.Sometimes less is a bit more.

Anyone talks about MJ it's that song,yet he had so many,many,many more better songs.

I agree. "Thriller", the song is not as strong as other songs on the album, especially Billie Jean, Beat it, Wanna be starting something or Lady in my life.

BTW, notice, that all the stronger songs were written by Michael (minus Lady in my life)! Thriller wasn't.

Thriller isn't a song I would personally put in my top ten and the song wouldn't be played as much had it not been for the short film which of course is the greatest ever made. The strongest songs on Thriller are the ones that MJ wrote himsellf.

I do like it more than The Lady in my Life however :fear:

whhhhhhhat?????? :eek:

:lol:

Don't get me started on The lady in my life. :wub: LOL!!!

Yeah, Thriller I can go without listening to personally. I skip it most times. :fear:

whhhhhhhat?????? :eek:

Yeah, Thriller I can go without listening to personally. I skip it most times. :fear:

^^^^^

That.

I skip Thriller most times as well,possibly because I've heard it to death.I loved it back in the day but.

As for The Lady In My Life,are you crazy? I love that song!

whhhhhhhat?????? :eek:hmy:

lol really, what do ya'll like about it? it's just so boring to me :p

Thriller isn't a song I would personally put in my top ten and the song wouldn't be played as much had it not been for the short film which of course is the greatest ever made. The strongest songs on Thriller are the ones that MJ wrote himsellf.

you mean Smooth Criminal *runs and hides*

Everything! :wub: Seriously. Mainly the lyrics, Very romantic.

Mabye it's a women thing, I have heard a lot of guys say they don't really like that song. :sleep: :doh: :rofl:

umm :fear: will you really hate me if i say i don't like that song either lmao

maybe it's coz i'm a guy...

EDIT: just saw your post Lorainne lol, there we go

nah,I'm just not liking the way this thread is developing here! I'm a guy too and it's a 'woman thing'!

:lmao:

We have taken this so off topic. Oops Sorry. :fear:

Ok, Back to Thriller. :yawn:

Oh yes, back to thriller. who else is completely sick of hearing Vincent Price on that song :p

Ha ha yes Smooth Criminal is so amazing but Thriller is the most famous video ever and of course its very culturally significant. Everyone knows it!

Just because something is more popular it doesn't mean it's better *Runs and hides with edge003*

Well, I like Thriller. It's a fun, classic, dancy song. But if it weren't for the iconic video, the song wouldn't have been as successful. It's the kind of song you have to watch the video with. Don't get me wrong I like the song but it's definitely not one of my favorites. Michael has much better songs than Thriller and that's why it kind of irks me when people who only know Thriller say it's their favorite song by him. The song itself is not that great and I think even Michael would have agreed on this. It's the video that boosted it's popularity.

It's definitely not like Remember The Time or Smooth Criminal which are two amazing songs WITH amazing videos. Thriller is only one of the two (amazing video, decent song). However, still a good song nonetheless, in my opinion. Not the best, but still good.

I think the "Smooth Criminal" video (the full one, not that speeded up short one. :p) is better than the "Thriller" one. "Remember The Time" is better to me also. I think "Thriller" is recognized because it is 1st. People tend to remember what sets a record more than what breaks it. I personally like Peter Gabriel's "Sledgehammer" video better than "Thriller". As far as the song goes, I think Vincent Price makes it what it is. If he wasn't on it, "Thriller" would be flat and cheesy, lol. I remember I was in a record store when the 'HIStory' album came out. The hits CD was being played and when "Thriller" came on, the clerk in the store skipped to the next track. She was stocking and stopped what she was doing to go change the song, lol.

Im not sure they got the best out of thriller, the grooves were there. It would be so much more epic if michael could say thriller not diller lol Bless him. I think the track didn't reach it's full potential, but i do think it's a brilliant track, and not the worst at all on thriller, you can't beat those epic epic opening chords

I agree with people who say they love the "Smooth Criminal" video better. Me too. Like Duran said "Thriller" is so famous because it was the first of those epic videos.

I don't think I even have the song on my iPod, just the video. The only time I really like the song is when I'm watching the video.

ok what you think thriller is so bad?
thriller is the song i like the most
and the video clip to thriller its a bit scarey for me to watch
missing songs on thriller album
1. for all time
2.state of shock
3.don't be messing around
4. carousel
5.got the hots
6.on the line
7.someday's watching me
8.yeah yeah-with eddie murthy
9.sarced of the moon

thriller signel made/break the thriler album the worlds most/fastest sellling album
as far i rembmer (its says somewhere in a world record book) in 1986/87

Well I love Thriller, but I like WBSS, Billie Jean, Beat It and Human Nature more than Thriller. I wouldn't put Thriller in my top 5 I don't think. But it's very innovative and of course the short film is epic and the best ever made.

missing songs on thriller album

7.someday's watching me
This song has nothing to do with the Thriller album. Jermaine asked Mike to sing on it as a favor to his then brother in law Kennedy Gordy aka Rockwell. It was recorded for Rockwell's album. Mike sang the chorus and Jermaine sang background vocals. Eddie Murphy's Yeah song was recorded a decade after Thriller was released, so it's not an outtake from Thriller either.

Ah... After hearing this so many times, you get tired of it....

In my opinion, this song is one of the weakest tracks on the album but it's lyrics and video is forever immortalized because of Halloween. :lol:

you mean Smooth Criminal *runs and hides*

Im not sure they got the best out of thriller, the grooves were there. It would be so much more epic if michael could say thriller not diller lol Bless him. I think the track didn't reach it's full potential, but i do think it's a brilliant track, and not the worst at all on thriller, you can't beat those epic epic opening chords
:lol: I love mike's midwestern accent :p
:yes: the base line is killer, it just makes me wanna dance. But to me it's not one of his best songs. It's decent but not great. oh and of course i've heard it way too much. I listen to it sometimes when i'm in a good mood and I get excited if I hear it at a party or somewhere else :cheeky:

Last edited:
I don't really like Thriller that much either. And the video used to scare me. Vincent Price still does.

(On another note, Neyo said The lady in my Life is his favorite song and he's a guy. I personally love that song.)

Back