'Thriller' on MTV HD?

Yes, "Remember The Time", "Black Or White", et cetera were shot on film.

Also, 1080p resolution is not anywhere close to 6 million pixels. It is just 1920x1080 ~ 2 million.

Sharpness of actual image on film-"original" may differ significantly. However, mass-production films for cinema theaters have just no more than about those 2+ million pixels TrueHD+ (1080p or 2520x1080 with 21:9 aspect ratio) resolution.

Also, his OFF THE WALL videos were not recorded on fim were they? I dont detect any grain or anything like for the THRILLER album videos...They look like they were recorded on some sort of video medium not film..

Certain videos may have been not recorded on film. However, there is no sufficient information to assert which videos, concretely.

Yes, nearly all of Michael's videos are done on 35mm full-size film. Those videos can be converted easily to FullHD (TrueHD) 1920x1080 (BlueRay) resolution, and even higher, depending on condition of original films.

"Thriller" went to limited theatrical release in 1983 so it could be classified for Oscar.

OK, so would THRILLER have been screened in widescreen (1.85:1) upon its theatrical release.?. i just read up on the aspect ratio! I understand that many films like THE SHINING were filmed in full frame but later transferred to a widescreen picture for HD..

Back