thriller Is Back on The Top of America's Charts!!!

It's awesome... Thriller is currently estimated to be the 12th best selling album worldwide of 2008, and is the 30th best selling album of 2008 in the U.S. (despite being 25 years older than almost every other best selling album this year).

I still wish is that more people would discover Ghosts/Is It Scary and some of Michael's later horror-themed songs, but I'm not gonna complain about the unprecedented success of Thriller (both the single and album)!

Good Thriller!

But it is not true that every back catalog sells good if well promoted.
Many back catalog don't seel a thing als o if they are so much promoted that you can buy the albums also with the news papers!

In the catalog charts you see always who is on topo 20 and who has never been either in top 100.

So surprising that Thriller still sells more than brand new and iperpromoted albums.

thriller2.jpg

Michael Jackson's Thriller - The World's Best-Selling Album of All Time - Is Back on The Top of America's Charts!!!​

/ -- Coast-To-Coast Zombie Dance Tributes & Halloween Sales Frenzy Drive 25th Anniversary Edition of Thriller To #1 On The Billboard Catalog Albums Chart & #1 On iTunes​

SOURCE : marketwatch.com​

I knew it, I knew it. After all the worldwide publicity the USA at least is buying the album again.
It looks not as good in Germany..., what about other countries?

In my country there have been no advertising at all, but when it came out it sold out the first 4 days, we didn't get many copies here.

Also we don't celbrate halloween for real.

thriller the single re re entered the uk top 40 singles chart at around number 33 last week due to downloads

Good Thriller!

But it is not true that every back catalog sells good if well promoted.
Many back catalog don't seel a thing als o if they are so much promoted that you can buy the albums also with the news papers!

In the catalog charts you see always who is on topo 20 and who has never been either in top 100.

So surprising that Thriller still sells more than brand new and iperpromoted albums.

Well maybe it's because it's Thriller that's why it's selling good. And Sony's promotion of it. :lol:

In my country there have been no advertising at all, but when it came out it sold out the first 4 days, we didn't get many copies here.

Also we don't celbrate halloween for real.

That's why America always gets the upper hand, lol. "Thriller" is another way to hail Halloween because of the video and the song itself, lol.

:cheeky: I think Halloween is "responsible" for this ... Thriller has become the symbol of Halloween as Santa Claus is a symbol of Christmas ... :yes:
I was really glad that after 26 years Thriller is again number one! :clapping:

That's why America always gets the upper hand, lol. "Thriller" is another way to hail Halloween because of the video and the song itself, lol.

I agree it too.
Thriller has become a Halloween kind of tradition. I remember when I spent an Halloween evening at a party in London: they put Thriller on and everybody started to dance in line the zombies coreography.

A very nice read!

Thanks for sharing!

:cheeky: I think Halloween is "responsible" for this ... Thriller has become the symbol of Halloween as Santa Claus is a symbol of Christmas ... :yes:
I was really glad that after 26 years Thriller is again number one! :clapping:

Yup! Thank god for Halloween. LOL!

Back