THRILLER Back On Top Of Billboard Charts

Thriller is the 79th best selling album of the year so far in the US and Essential is the 191th.

Truly amazing.

They Should put Invincible on the $2.99 digital downloads and see how well it does. It might go to No. 1.. Again

the thing about 'BAD' isn't true, Thriller was still Michael's "fresh" album in 1987, the public's perception was drawn to 'BAD' as soon as the short film for the single aired. it was the 2nd biggest selling album of the 80's and just because it doesn't sell well as thriller doesn't mean it doesn't get as much appreciation, every home I've been in, in my life. I've seen a mother's or father's copy of the 'BAD' Album in there CD case, same for Dangerous and sometimes HIStory, something big needs to happen to bring Michael's later albums back into people's minds. He is a pure genius with the most wonderfully gifted talent of any artist. HISmusic will live on for centuries, I truly believe that! :imbad

It's amazing that 31 years later Thriller is still in the top 200 billboard charts.

Are any of the other best-selling albums of all time on the list too?

Are any of the other best-selling albums of all time on the list too?
Pink Floyd's Dark Side of The Moon is at #152. Probably has to do with the fact it celebrated the 40th anniversary of it's release on March 1. Fleetwood Mac's Rumours is at #194. It was reissued and rereleased in this February, that's why it had a successful chart run recently. Bob Marley's Greatest Hits album, Legend is at #126. It's a constant seller as well.

I think that's only about singles. And IMO this new rule is stupid. It will produce totally ridiculous charts such as Harlem Shake being Nr 1. It's a meme, for God's sake, not music!

I think it's stupid too, I can't believe they've done that.

Rebecca Black's Friday would've been one of the longest running number 1s in history if the rule was in effect back then. They're really gonna regret it.

I think many are misunderstanding that rule. Other considerations such as sales will be factored in before it charts. Youtube views alone wont make a song chart or #ONE

It's just crazy how it's possible after 30 years, it says a lot about the album but even more about Michael Jackson.

popcorn-MJ.gif

Thriller will forever sell many records!!

Back